Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 09-01-2019, 07:52 PM   #141
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

The 120-win Colonels advance to the finals, but will be underdogs to the Brooklyn Bombers (127-35). The Bombers scored 1100 runs this year with a max offense ballpark and a loaded lineup. I hope to steal a game in their park and then hold serve at home. They have yet to lose a game this offseason, so I will have my hands full to be sure.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 09:04 PM   #142
Nero
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonC23 View Post
It's funny (or infuriating...let's go with funny) that, of the 3 Wild Card games in PT2.0 history in which I've hosted a team that finished 20 or more games behind me in the standings, I've lost 2 of them. (And the other time, I promptly got swept by the #1 seed in the Division Series. ) I think of these games every time someone on this board goes off about how impossible it is to compete at Perfect level. Find some way, any way, to get into the playoffs! Anything can happen!

But the best part of Perfect Team is that the next season is always less than 24 hours away.

In the meantime, the Central Falcons are giving your Austin Express all they can handle in the Sub-League Series; I hope you can pull it out!
100% agree.....

First PL season for me I had to fight from 5 games back on September 1st to a game 163, and it was exciting, even if I lost. I've seen it other years too, I'd have a great regular season record, and I'd lose a series right off the bat. The wild card is a lot scarier, but once you are in, truly anything can happen, especially, I think, for some of the teams that have tried different approaches, all lefty, defense, openers...etc...

The Falcons played great, and Lee Smith got lit up in games 1 & 2, and I was pretty sure that was going to be all she wrote for me. Then down 3 games to 1, it was looking grim, but with our backs to the wall, the bats and our arms sure came alive! It was a great series, and again, I figured that I'd be seeing San Dimas, Dyersville, or The Cubbies, and it's an underdog yet again....make it to the playoffs and watch the magic happen.

If that isn't reason for people to love baseball, I don't know what is.

Last edited by Nero; 09-01-2019 at 09:06 PM.
Nero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 09:49 PM   #143
X3NEIZE
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
The 120-win Colonels advance to the finals, but will be underdogs to the Brooklyn Bombers (127-35). The Bombers scored 1100 runs this year with a max offense ballpark and a loaded lineup. I hope to steal a game in their park and then hold serve at home. They have yet to lose a game this offseason, so I will have my hands full to be sure.
You got this!

X3NEIZE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 11:07 PM   #144
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

The Colonels take a 3-2 lead back to Brooklyn. Each team lost a home game so far. So my blueprint failed but I still feel pretty good to be in this position against such a good team. I have Carl Hubbell in game 6 and perfect Cy Young for game 7 if needed. We won game 2 there by a score of 10-4, so maybe we will have another big offensive game in their juiced park.
Old 09-02-2019, 12:18 AM   #145
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

The Colonels won game 6 on a 3-run homer by Joe DiMaggio.

Name:  trophy_2041.jpg
Views: 128
Size:  34.8 KB

Cy Young (20-7, 2.73) was Pitcher of the Year. He was one of four pitchers on my staff with 20+ wins.

Eric Gagne (1.32 ERA, 41 SV) was Reliever of the Year. He had a 44-game save streak (including playoffs) worth 3000pp.

We are going to celebrate this one for a little while and then it is back to work tomorrow.
Old 09-02-2019, 12:31 AM   #146
X3NEIZE
All Star Reserve

Quote:
The Colonels won game 6 on a 3-run homer by Joe DiMaggio.

Attachment 646165

Cy Young (20-7, 2.73) was Pitcher of the Year. He was one of four pitchers on my staff with 20+ wins.

Eric Gagne (1.32 ERA, 41 SV) was Reliever of the Year. He had a 44-game save streak (including playoffs) worth 3000pp.

We are going to celebrate this one for a little while and then it is back to work tomorrow.
Congratz!!

X3NEIZE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 01:22 AM   #147
JasonC23
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nero View Post
The Falcons played great, and Lee Smith got lit up in games 1 & 2, and I was pretty sure that was going to be all she wrote for me. Then down 3 games to 1, it was looking grim, but with our backs to the wall, the bats and our arms sure came alive! It was a great series, and again, I figured that I'd be seeing San Dimas, Dyersville, or The Cubbies, and it's an underdog yet again....make it to the playoffs and watch the magic happen.

If that isn't reason for people to love baseball, I don't know what is.
Congrats on sweeping the finals and winning it all! This was definitely a case of the best team winning the whole thing!

JasonC23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 02:21 AM   #148
dancariaz
Minors (Triple A)

Oops, somehow my team managed to make it to the Gold level series (we lost the series 1-4) and now we're going to Diamond. Considering I still have a bunch of bronzes and silvers on my active roster I don't think that'll end well

F2P Team
dancariaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 02:58 AM   #149
Nero
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonC23 View Post
Congrats on sweeping the finals and winning it all! This was definitely a case of the best team winning the whole thing!
Thanks! It was a heck of a season, even with the 3-1 deficit in the NCS that we had to come back from. The series was almost anticlimactic, but that's back to back titles, which really should signify that it's time to monkey around and change the formula around a bit!

Enjoyed reading your updates thru the week, far better than the ones I'd have given, it was an absolute pleasure this week!

Cheers, and good luck next week!
Nero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 03:07 AM   #150
Marleigh
All Star Reserve

After a first round sweep with Puckett as MVP, we had to come back in the second round from 3-1 down with Tony Gwynn as MVP and after being 2-1 down in the Series we rallied to win 3 straight again, buck O'Neil was the series MVP

Scherzer won pitcher of the year with 30 1st place votes, Catfish was 3rd

Lee Smith was reliever of the year with Greinke 2nd

O'Neil (1B) and Lonnie Smith (LF) won defensive honours

Puckett was 2nd in MVP voting and won the great bat RF award (Hiura won the award somehow despite worse stats across the board than Puckett) Scherzer (6th) Lonnie Smith, Madlock and Catfish all got MVP votes

Bad News Bulldogs won the first round of the playoffs the got swept by Montreal Nos Amours who look as though they are better equipped for Perfect with a great pitching staff. none of our players won anything, Eric Davis was 6th in MVP voting

Marleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 09:02 AM   #151
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

The good news: The Aquasox and Mineurs both made promotion to Bronze in their fifth seasons. I have no more Iron level teams!

The bad news - the Froggies managed to Froggy it up spectacularly anyway. After sweeping the DS, 3-0, and the Sub-League, 4-0, they managed to get swept in the finals, by a team that was about 15 games below them, records-wise.

Then, on top of all that, insult to injury as I was sniped out of JJ Putz about an hour later!

It was a good day in general as the Orioles also won promotion, to Gold. They also fell in the Finals.

And while the boy's team, the Sydney Unicorns, will play in Silver for another year, his pack luck came roaring back. Six packs, three golds (including a double-gold pack) and one diamond. The diamond was 98 Charlie Morton. He needed another SP anyway because Odalis Perez has been dog-doo as his fifth starter, and he was going to go to the AH to pick up one. That saved him some points. He also got Kirby Yates for 1K under 7-day average to shore up the bullpen. And the way this team generates points, he'll probably make it all back and then some by the end of next season.

SPTT team

Was not a Snag fan...until I saw the fallout once he was gone and realized what a good job he was actually doing. - Ty Cobb
BigRed75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 02:50 PM   #152
scott1964
Hall Of Famer

WOW

PETA.....People Eating Tasty Animals.

scott1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 05:59 PM   #153
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Quote:
Man...when I thought I was on my way to 850...I scraped 820, & slipped back below 800...I didn't score much more than 800_ change before I got to perfect if that... 1100+ runs, you should be DISGUSTED by now?

One Great Matrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 06:41 PM   #154
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus978 View Post
I am amazed. RNGjesus really came to collect on me this week, as the Patriots and Silver Sox both blow 2-0 leads in their divisional round matchups. Especially painful knowing that St. John's will now have to endure an 8th week in Iron, and the Patriots snatch non-promotion from the jaws of promotion for the second straight week.

Don't waste my time with a 2-0 series lead if you're not gonna finish the job.
I would drop the references to an "RNGJesus"...umm, because it's a baseball sim. Just my 4 cents. Expect anything.

Old 09-02-2019, 06:43 PM   #155
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by waittilnextyear View Post
The Frogs were Whatever'd in the sub-league series, losing in 5 games. The pitching was pretty bad, giving up 5 runs per game. The offense was also pretty bad, scoring 3 runs per game. The Frogs gave up 1st inning runs in every game but one. And in that one, they gave up a walkoff HR.

The Whatever Whatever will be gunning for their 6th PL title.

Good luck to all with teams still playing games this week.
Alright, my friend...Fight on, and remember that not just each season is a marathon but being the Fighting Frogs GM & Manager.

Old 09-02-2019, 08:49 PM   #156
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Great Matrix View Post
Man...when I thought I was on my way to 850...I scraped 820, & slipped back below 800...I didn't score much more than 800_ change before I got to perfect if that... 1100+ runs, you should be DISGUSTED by now?
Well, I did beat him.