Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 08-05-2019, 12:36 PM   #1
Magus978
All Star Starter

Discussion Thread XX (Season 20 thread for 2038 season)

OOTP XX's Perfect Team mode enters its 20th season, and as such you see what I did there.

Brooklyn got placed in a pretty fair league. All the whales are in the other conference (Doha Oilers, Maine Gems, Cottage Grove Tube Sox)...and my division looks like it could be ripe for the taking. While the goal is still to finish .500, I think with a little luck 88-92 wins takes this thing and I can get to the playoffs.

Good luck, have fun, and don't die.

*whispers*

That's still the wrong game?

http://twitch.tv/GanbaMagus

Magus978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 01:13 PM   #2
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus978 View Post
Good luck, have fun, and don't die.
Ha, it's no big deal now. I remember, back in MY day, when you died you lost all of your cards and had to start over back in iron league. Oh wait...
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 01:27 PM   #3
Marleigh
All Star Reserve

Paragon City about to start their 1st season in Silver but no majr changes made, SE Heilmann comes in as DH, SE Andruw Jones as backup OF, Billy Williams comes in to share time at RF with Carl Furillo. looking at the teams around me it could be a tough season.

Bad News Bulldogs are in the process of converting to a Reds team but it will likely be a long process and for now we are very reliant on pitching and defence. Not expecting great things from them, unless i suddenly earn a ton of PP and can upgrade offensively

Neuman Furshlugginers have moved up into bronze, they are a current season team (so Live cards, POTM, 2019 All Stars etc) luckily i bought Lynn, Bieber and Mahieu before they turned diamond, this team should put up power numbers with Cruz, Goldschmidt, Riley and Acuna. I expect them to be challenging for the division

Marleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 01:47 PM   #4
Chico Guilbault
All Star Starter

My completely out on a limb prediction for this season:

I have a great regular season, at times dominate, make the playoffs, look to be set up nicely in those playoffs with a favorable match-up...out easily in the first or second round. Wash, rinse, repeat...(not bitter)

Chico Guilbault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 01:53 PM   #5
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

The Colonels, fresh off their first PL title, are going to work on their second. Last year, I learned that it is much easier to win a championship if the best teams in the playoffs are eliminated before you have to play them.

There are a few changes for this season. I picked up 97 Bert Blyleven for the bullpen. I returned to perfect Jackie at 2B, after trying 98 Jackie, because I decided the extra offense was worth the points. I also added 94 Alan Trammell to train as the utility infielder, replacing Joe Cronin, for some extra offense on the bench. I vowed to stop messing with MVP 100 George Brett and leave him at third base, which means I am using 100 Hank Aaron as the DH this season.

The biggest change, made during last season, was addition by subtraction. The team seemed to take off when I sold off 100 Babe Ruth and replaced him with 99 Oscar Charleston. It wasn't that Charleston had an amazing year but I do think replacing a power hitter with a contact hitter helped my offense. I already have Wagner, Mays, Aaron, and Mantle as power/strikeout machines in my lineup, and Ruth on top of that just might have been too much "true outcome". I am still looking to replace one of the RH power bats with a contact hitter, but I haven't made up my mind on that yet.

Good luck to everyone in season XX!
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 02:23 PM   #6
bailey
Hall Of Famer

Last week it took the Magpies until September to lose 3 in a row, kickoff the new season by losing 3 in a row at home to a team coming off back-to-back 90+ losses. Not only that, but they didn't even score a run until the 6th inning of the 3rd game. Closer, Lee Smith, blows his first save attempt, but it is a mystery that he was brought in to protect a 6-4 lead in the SEVENTH inning when 3 other middle relievers were completely rested.

bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 02:50 PM   #7
X3NEIZE
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey View Post
Last week it took the Magpies until September to lose 3 in a row, kickoff the new season by losing 3 in a row at home to a team coming off back-to-back 90+ losses. Not only that, but they didn't even score a run until the 6th inning of the 3rd game. Closer, Lee Smith, blows his first save attempt, but it is a mystery that he was brought in to protect a 6-4 lead in the SEVENTH inning when 3 other middle relievers were completely rested.
The good news is that that only means that your team will win the WS

X3NEIZE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 03:03 PM   #8
rudel.dietrich
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
All three of my teams are in gold where they will probably rot until the servers close down in 18 months
rudel.dietrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 03:20 PM   #9
CrazyWR
All Star Reserve

Haven't had a chance to check my squad today yet as I'm at work but the Suns added perfect Campy to replace Biz Mackey at catcher. Sundberg will now move to a full time backup/def replacement role instead of platooning vL. I bought perfect Dutch Leonard on Friday but he managed to post an era over 7 for his 6 or so starts over the rest of the season so we resold him (only lost about 5k) and moved on. Ah well.
CrazyWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 03:42 PM   #10
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

Late to the party today since I was busy preparing the actual Raccoons to be turned inside out. And I will have as much success with that as I have with my PT teams…

The Rebs have three new starters they plucked from packs last week and now feature an all-live rotation. Nothing really new on the Raccoons, who will forever lose 96 in Perfect. And the Accountants' fortunes with DiMaggio have already been complained out without end. He has zero PP in the early going. I already can't stand him anymore…
Attached Images

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Westheim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 04:01 PM   #11
DrTobiasFunke
Minors (Single A)

Made the upgrade to XX at the all star break and finally got my team off the ground. Sadly, instead of getting Hack Wilson in my initial packs I got Jordan Hicks, so the Sidewinders have only just hit the bronze leagues.

On the bright side, this year George Vukovich is finally getting the respect he deserves:

Name:  MyBoyGVuks.png
Views: 261
Size:  101.8 KB

Not only is he now a silver card, but I'm pretty sure he got bumped up a few points defensively.
DrTobiasFunke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 04:58 PM   #12
Edster007
All Star Starter

Once again my Warriors are in the wrong division-off to a 9-1 start in P432-good enough for second place in the division. Another season crossing my fingers if I can get to the WC game
Edster007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 05:43 PM   #13
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

The Frogs have been placed into P413 this week after winning G163 last week and then getting bounced unceremoniously in the wild card game.

P413 looks to be a mostly open league with the exception of my Frogs being in the same division as the Collingwood Magpies. After slowly building up the team in the lower levels, the Magpies are now reaching their potential with back-to-back-to-back PL titles. Meaning the ceiling for the Frogs this week is another wild card spot.

I had some coins (PP) laying around and was unsure what to do with said coins. I thought about making a splashy move for another starting pitcher. I thought about making a bunch of incremental upgrades for incremental amounts of PP. I also thought about throwing PP to the wind and trying a 100-pack opening because why not? Ultimately I decided on the conservative option--making some unexciting incremental upgrades. Seems to best fit the MO of this F2P squad--slow and steady wins the race. Or was that a tortoise?

Made 5 purchases, only 2 of which are being returned to the AH for having prior stats. The 3 newcomers are 98 All-Star Walker Buehler, Pete Hill, and Martin Dihigo. This upgrades on the long reliever (apologies to the newly diamond Shane Bieber) and creates a new platoon in RF that I'm pretty happy about.

After converting the Buehler card to RP, his ratings are 97/55/86 (just in case anyone was wondering how much stuff boost he gets, 88-->97), which could be pretty useful with a home ballpark that suppresses homers like The Lily Pad does. We'll see how he does. Part of the impetus for getting that card is I figured the All-Star cards have gotten less usage so my odds were pretty good that he'd come in mint condition (I was right!).

waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 06:20 PM   #14
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Season XIX for me

I'll let the pictures tell whatever stories I have to share. Mostly. I'll add for these that this was one nutty game. Brazil scores 6 to go up 8-5 in what is a 2-5 game the other way going into the top of the 9th. Flyers tie in bottom of 9th. Exchange of 1's in top and bottom 10th & 11th. Scoreless 12th. All Conforto in the 13th inning.
Attached Images
Image Image 

One Great Matrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 08:53 PM   #15
old timer
Hall Of Famer

The Raccoons are 13-4 so far. There's a very good team called the Wyld Stallyn in our division so we're going to have a tough time winning the division this year. For the 1st time, I don't recognize one team in the league. Anyone in P427 around here?

I made lots of little adjustments this season so I'm curious how things will turn out. With respect to upgrading, I decided not to get an elite RP, but instead, I'll save up and get another SP so that I can move either Sutton or Seaver to the pen to join Johnson and company.

As to who to add, I'm thinking of either 100 Clemens or Grove (I've not seen him on the AH in a while), but I'd really like to get Schilling, but I think he might be out of my price range. Anyone know what he can be had for? Has anyone even seen him for sale in a while?
Old 08-05-2019, 09:06 PM   #16
Magus978
All Star Starter

Brooklyn has jumped out to a 13-5 start on the wings of newly-pulled Roy Halladay (2-0, 1.64), as well as Max Scherzer (3-0, 0.92), Cy Blanton (2-0, 1.61), and an offense that boasts 5 hitters over .300 at this moment. While we're not scoring runs in bunches, we're winning with timely pitching and aggressive baserunning.

The idea of the Dynasty winning a division title in their 2nd week at Perfect may not be such a farfetched idea after all.

http://twitch.tv/GanbaMagus

Magus978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 11:00 PM   #17
daves
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
The biggest change, made during last season, was addition by subtraction. The team seemed to take off when I sold off 100 Babe Ruth and replaced him with 99 Oscar Charleston. It wasn't that Charleston had an amazing year but I do think replacing a power hitter with a contact hitter helped my offense. I already have Wagner, Mays, Aaron, and Mantle as power/strikeout machines in my lineup, and Ruth on top of that just might have been too much "true outcome". I am still looking to replace one of the RH power bats with a contact hitter, but I haven't made up my mind on that yet.

Good luck to everyone in season XX!

But Ruth has decent contact and a real good OBA. He is not as slow as others like Boggs either. He lacks defense and can stoke out a little more than some but not as bad as Schmidt.

Frankly he should be around a 300 hitter in this game. But there are a few hall of gamers that don’t do well in PT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 11:25 PM   #18
X3NEIZE
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by old timer View Post
The Raccoons are 13-4 so far. There's a very good team called the Wyld Stallyn in our division so we're going to have a tough time winning the division this year. For the 1st time, I don't recognize one team in the league. Anyone in P427 around here?

I made lots of little adjustments this season so I'm curious how things will turn out. With respect to upgrading, I decided not to get an elite RP, but instead, I'll save up and get another SP so that I can move either Sutton or Seaver to the pen to join Johnson and company.

As to who to add, I'm thinking of either 100 Clemens or Grove (I've not seen him on the AH in a while), but I'd really like to get Schilling, but I think he might be out of my price range. Anyone know what he can be had for? Has anyone even seen him for sale in a while?
Schilling 7 day Avg and all time avg is 350k. That's a bit high, should settle 250-280k.

X3NEIZE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 12:00 AM   #19
Izz
Hall Of Famer

11-13 here over in P402.

So far my verdict is: we can hit ok but we can't pitch.

A brief history of the Australia-New Zealand Baseball League (AUNZBL 2019-2119)--A Dynasty Report
The National Penterham Four-Bases Association--A Dynasty Report
Izz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 12:09 AM   #20
moalkha
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by old timer View Post
I'd really like to get Schilling, but I think he might be out of my price range. Anyone know what he can be had for? Has anyone even seen him for sale in a while?

I pulled a second one a couple of weeks ago with Doha and I put him on the AH with a 350K BIN; he lasted less than an hour. Maybe I should have ask for more .

moalkha is offline   Reply With Quote