Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 08-04-2019, 11:27 AM   #81
Josquin
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by daves View Post
Regular season doesn’t matter. Anything goes in the playoffs. Of course if you beat this team in the playoffs there will be a new post stating how unfair and random the playoffs are.
The best way to compare the true quality of two teams is to pit them against each other thousands of times. In that sense, a short playoff series IS random and unfair. But that's what makes the game a bit more exciting than a spreadsheet.
Old 08-04-2019, 12:27 PM   #82
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

The Frogs were bounced 4-0 in the wild card game by the League City Astros. Shutout by 97 Cy Young, but at least it wasn't a Maddux.

Good luck to everyone that still has teams vying for championships today.

waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 12:36 PM   #83
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunninYakAngler View Post
Only late season addition was 87 Raines, who struggled in the few games he played. He replaced 77 Raines. Not sure if I like the move.
I've had the 87 Raines for a long time and he's one of the few players that will remain with the team for the duration. Certainly you can find better cards and he'll have a bad season from time to time, but he fits what my team is trying to do. The main concern with the 87 Raines is where to play him on defense. His defensive ratings are pretty poor with him maxing out at 54 in LF. I go back and forth between LF and DH for him, with neither being 100% satisfactory.

For me, Raines' 162 game averages over 10 seasons of Perfect leagues has been: .277/.353/.426, 13 HR, 88 RBI, 57 SB, 113 wRC+, 5.0 BSR, 3.80 P/PA, 3.0 WAR. Just for comparison's sake if you decide to keep him.

Old 08-04-2019, 01:04 PM   #84
Josquin
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
The Carnivores just swept us in a three-game series, which does not bode well for a playoff series against them should I manage to get there. I am still several pieces short of a complete jigsaw puzzle, but my box is empty. I will look around tonight... maybe some pieces fell on the floor while I was screaming and pounding my keyboard.
Well, the Carnivores unlocked the "Swept by wildcard team with .500 winning percentage" achievement. Those long winning streaks during the regular season always come back to bite in the playoffs.

The field is all yours, we're rooting for you!
Old 08-04-2019, 01:06 PM   #85
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josquin View Post
Well, the fun ended at 30 games. Let's hope we don't pay for that streak with bad luck in the playoffs.
Wow, this post was prophetic as the 128-win Carnivores were swept by a team that won 84 games. Sorry about that and I wish you better luck next year.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 01:13 PM   #86
Josquin
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
Wow, this post was prophetic as the 128-win Carnivores were swept by a team that won 84 games. Sorry about that and I wish you better luck next year.
Not too much luck I hope... I don't want to get swept again!
Old 08-04-2019, 01:14 PM   #87
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

Four games, nine runs, and bopped out of the division series.

(hits forehead on the desk repeatedly)

(keeps hitting forehead on the desk repeatedly)

(still hitting fore-

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Westheim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 01:21 PM   #88
RunninYakAngler
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by waittilnextyear View Post
I go back and forth between LF and DH for him, with neither being 100% satisfactory.

For me, Raines' 162 game averages over 10 seasons of Perfect leagues has been: .277/.353/.426, 13 HR, 88 RBI, 57 SB, 113 wRC+, 5.0 BSR, 3.80 P/PA, 3.0 WAR. Just for comparison's sake if you decide to keep him.
Thanks for all the info! Those are numbers that I can live with, just hoping he doesn't give up more than he gives. I thought about making him a DH, but that'd put even a worse fielder out there (Lefty O'Doul). Maybe an upgrade in the future...ahh the decisions of FTP.

RunninYakAngler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 01:59 PM   #89
JasonC23
All Star Reserve

Huntley won the Wild Card game but then was swept by Long Beach-Compton. Good luck to all those left in the P426 playoffs!

JasonC23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 02:06 PM   #90
moalkha
Minors (Triple A)

Doha managed to lose yet another first round series, this time losing 3-1 to the Brooklyn Blasters.

Perugia and Great Lakes both won game 5 and advance to the conference finals.

Last edited by moalkha; 08-04-2019 at 03:04 PM.
moalkha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 03:13 PM   #91
Marleigh
All Star Reserve

back to back shutouts (5-0 and 1-0) by Bad News to win the Division Series

a 5th game extra innings win to get through after leading the series 2-0 for the Furshlugginers

and a 3-1 win for the Heroes.

pleased with that 1st round

Marleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 03:29 PM   #92
The_Myth
Minors (Double A)

Today marks the ninth time that I have been bounced from the Bronze division series. I gotta believe I have one of the best all-time winning percentages without ever getting out of Bronze. This is just ridiculous.
Attached Images

Last edited by The_Myth; 08-04-2019 at 03:32 PM.
The_Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 04:04 PM   #93
old timer
Hall Of Famer

The NC championship series features a .586 vs .574 team. In other words, the Raccoons made an early exit again. The Oakland Oatboys, an elite defensive team with good (but far from elite) pitching allowed only 437 R during the season. They used only 4 SPs all season and now are using 3 SPs during the playoffs. While I hate losing, I do like seeing teams like this have a chance at winning it all. The only over .600 team left is the USC Trojans in the other conference.

We lost in the 5th game in a very ugly fashion. In the top of the 11th inning, the Oatboys' Cronin and then Appling got singles. Maddox then flied out. With Travis Jackson up, Don Sutton gets called for a balk moving the runners to 2nd and 3rd. Jackson then strikes out swinging making it two outs now. But then Cal Ripken Jr hits a flyball to our CF Gary Maddox who muffs it allowing both runners to score.

So another disappointing end to a disapointing season (only 106 W in a league with no whales - though the Trojans are a near whale).

Last edited by old timer; 08-04-2019 at 04:05 PM.
old timer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 04:38 PM   #94
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunninYakAngler View Post
Thanks for all the info! Those are numbers that I can live with, just hoping he doesn't give up more than he gives. I thought about making him a DH, but that'd put even a worse fielder out there (Lefty O'Doul). Maybe an upgrade in the future...ahh the decisions of FTP.
87 Raines isn't awful in LF, but he sticks out a bit if defense is your team's calling card. For me, he's put up about -5.5 ZR/162 games, with 1.96 RF and .977 EFF. About 6 outfield assists and 2.5 errors per 162 games. So, he's probably not losing me too many games being out there in LF.

With Lefty O'Doul--I'd probably put him up for auction if it were me because people are paying exorbitant prices for that Lefty/Right mission. Of course, if he's not already locked to your team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonC23 View Post
Huntley won the Wild Card game but then was swept by Long Beach-Compton. Good luck to all those left in the P426 playoffs!
Congrats on winning the wild card game. My Frogs couldn't hop to that this time.

I wonder if the Anarcho-Syndacalists is a reference to Monty Python and the Holy Grail...I wonder if the team owner is a 37-year-old called Dennis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moalkha View Post
Doha managed to lose yet another first round series, this time losing 3-1 to the Brooklyn Blasters.

Perugia and Great Lakes both won game 5 and advance to the conference finals.
Good luck against Methuen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by old timer View Post
The NC championship series features a .586 vs .574 team. In other words, the Raccoons made an early exit again. The Oakland Oatboys, an elite defensive team with good (but far from elite) pitching allowed only 437 R during the season. They used only 4 SPs all season and now are using 3 SPs during the playoffs. While I hate losing, I do like seeing teams like this have a chance at winning it all. The only over .600 team left is the USC Trojans in the other conference.

We lost in the 5th game in a very ugly fashion. In the top of the 11th inning, the Oatboys' Cronin and then Appling got singles. Maddox then flied out. With Travis Jackson up, Don Sutton gets called for a balk moving the runners to 2nd and 3rd. Jackson then strikes out swinging making it two outs now. But then Cal Ripken Jr hits a flyball to our CF Gary Maddox who muffs it allowing both runners to score.

So another disappointing end to a disapointing season (only 106 W in a league with no whales - though the Trojans are a near whale).
That's a bitter pill. When the Secretary of Defense makes an error to sink your team. It's just not right--let the LF or RF do it instead, sim engine.

Just a matter of perspective, my Frogs have a high water mark of 97 wins (achieved twice) in 11 seasons of perfect and 105 wins in one year of diamond level. So we'd be very pleased with 106 wins!

Last edited by waittilnextyear; 08-04-2019 at 04:43 PM.
Old 08-04-2019, 06:13 PM   #95
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

The Colonels are in the Perfect League World Series for the first time, beating the Beantown Balkers 4-1 in the sub-league series. Oscar Charleston was 7-16 to earn the MVP award. Cy Young won games 1 and 5 with a 1.88 ERA.

We play the wildcard Memphis Rivermen (95-67). Curt Schilling (25-2, 2.34) will open the series for the Colonels against J.R. Richard (16-12, 3.04).
Old 08-04-2019, 06:17 PM   #96
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by waittilnextyear View Post
That's a bitter pill. When the Secretary of Defense makes an error to sink your team. It's just not right--let the LF or RF do it instead, sim engine.

Just a matter of perspective, my Frogs have a high water mark of 97 wins (achieved twice) in 11 seasons of perfect and 105 wins in one year of diamond level. So we'd be very pleased with 106 wins!

Yeah, seeing someone like Maddox blow it (he made only two errors all season) seems more painful.

Regarding your Frogs... Considering they're ftp, I'm amazed at how well they've done. My ftp Mud Hens are going back to diamond because they finished 2nd from the bottom this year (their 1st time to lose over a 100 games).

I'm curious about how you've built your team. Did you open packs? If so, did you get any top cards from them? Did you work the AH? In other words, what's your secret?
Old 08-04-2019, 06:19 PM   #97
old timer
Hall Of Famer

This year's WS winner will be a sub .600 team for the 1st time since I've been in perfect. What's cool about it, is that none of the remaining 3 teams (the NC hasn't been decided yet) have never won a championship at any level so one of them will finally do so now. Good luck to those who remain!

Last edited by old timer; 08-04-2019 at 06:21 PM.
old timer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 07:21 PM   #98
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by old timer View Post
Yeah, seeing someone like Maddox blow it (he made only two errors all season) seems more painful.

Regarding your Frogs... Considering they're ftp, I'm amazed at how well they've done. My ftp Mud Hens are going back to diamond because they finished 2nd from the bottom this year (their 1st time to lose over a 100 games).

I'm curious about how you've built your team. Did you open packs? If so, did you get any top cards from them? Did you work the AH? In other words, what's your secret?
Mostly by working the AH. I keep a spreadsheet for this and I've profited about 250K PP from AH transactions over the past 4 months (sold cards or cards that have appreciated in value since I got them).

I also opened some packs in the beginning and pulled some meh diamond cards that I sold to help make my team a little more liquid with PP. I remember pulling Eddie Stanky, Aaron Judge, Patrick Corbin, Jeurys Familia (sold him before he depreciated to iron or whatever he is now), and Edwin Diaz (ditto). That amounted to about 35K, which is small time, but can help out a F2P team greatly. Especially in the lower competition levels. Haven't really pulled anything from challenge mode packs, but I did pull a Javier Baez and an Aroldis Chapman from mission reward packs, which netted me an additional 15K or so more recently.

Still, it's pretty much been hand to mouth for this team. I haven't pulled a real valuable card like others have. Heck, I wouldn't mind getting a LIVE perfect in a pack just to see what the back of the card looks like in the pack opening animation. Still haven't got one of those.

Old 08-04-2019, 07:34 PM   #99
Izz
Hall Of Famer

Oh dear! B'sin'Glou have made it to the Diamond Level Series. No matter the outcome we'll be heading up to Perfect next season. We are going to get destroyed!

In the meantime: go the Double Agents, down with the Salzgitter Sharks!

A brief history of the Australia-New Zealand Baseball League (AUNZBL 2019-2119)--A Dynasty Report
The National Penterham Four-Bases Association--A Dynasty Report
Izz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 09:49 PM   #100
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Finally!

Name:  trophy_2037.jpg
Views: 144
Size:  34.1 KB

Series MVP: Willie Mays (8-18, HR, 4 RBI)

League MVP: George Brett .328/.384/.552, 23 HR, 102 RBI
League PotY: Curt Schilling (his 5th) 25-2, 2.34 ERA, 238 K