Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 07-01-2019, 08:15 AM   #1
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

Season 15 (2033) General Discussion thread

The Redlegs are back in Gold following a heartbreaking 3-2 series defeat in the Division Series. The Lumber Company's tear-down is finished and the rebuilding starts in earnest down in Bronze. And two of my PT 19 teams were promoted as champs, but that's a story for a different forum...

Good luck everyone!

SPTT team

Was not a Snag fan...until I saw the fallout once he was gone and realized what a good job he was actually doing. - Ty Cobb
BigRed75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 08:59 AM   #2
Cheesehead1964
Major Leagues

My Brewers and Thieves lost their wildcard games, but I'm excited to try all Brewers this season (was Brewers/Milwaukee Braves last season). And the Thieves give me hope they can be somewhat competitive in Perfect League.
Cheesehead1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 09:01 AM   #3
PocketsAintFull
All Star Starter

Good Luck all! Both my 'main' teams are in Diamond together for the first time and now Bob's guys have a Playoff appearance, they're gonna go on a PT tear, I can feel it
Old 07-01-2019, 09:34 AM   #4
Cheesehead1964
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketsAintFull View Post
Good Luck all! Both my 'main' teams are in Diamond together for the first time and now Bob's guys have a Playoff appearance, they're gonna go on a PT tear, I can feel it

Diamond wasn't as huge a leap as I thought it would be. Perfect was a huge leap.
Cheesehead1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 09:48 AM   #5
PocketsAintFull
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesehead1964 View Post
Diamond wasn't as huge a leap as I thought it would be. Perfect was a huge leap.
Yeah, my Stunners team held their own really well in their first Diamond season.
Old 07-01-2019, 10:10 AM   #6
acclaim99
Major Leagues

I'm gold and added a new SP in Bob Gibson. Let's see how the team does this year.

acclaim99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 10:24 AM   #7
PocketsAintFull
All Star Starter

Two players on my NL team are at 99 this week, Bryant & Machado. Haven't had one go Perfect yet, but the 20k+ would be pretty sweet
Old 07-01-2019, 11:02 AM   #8
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

The Colonels are back with no major changes, except that I am trying an 11-man pitching staff for the early part of the season. My next goal is to improve my offense to 1,000 runs scored per season from my current ~800 level. I need to upgrade one position and platoon at a couple more to accomplish this, but I have yet to decide exactly who, where, and how much. For now, I just want to be sure that I don't allow more than 500 runs with one less reliever in the pen.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 11:03 AM   #9
acclaim99
Major Leagues

Excited for this season... 3 new pack pulls complete my rotation... Pulled Bob Gibson, Clayton Kershaw, and Wilcy Moore for my rotation to add to Walker Buehler, and Roy Halladay... liking the looks of that.

Old 07-01-2019, 12:20 PM   #10
dancariaz
Minors (Triple A)

After losing another wildcard game and still being stuck in silver I wonder if my luck will ever turn around. The quest to get back to gold is a lot harder than I expected, I think I'm in my 10th silver season now

At least there's no whale in my division this season, so winning the division shouldn't be a mission impossible.

F2P Team
dancariaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 12:23 PM   #11
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

All three teams are still in the same league as last week, but all three have at least one shiny new toy. In order that would be the 2012 Special Edition David Wright on the Coons, the Rebs' own 1996 Ken Caminiti, and the Accontants' hoping for the 2006 Johan Santana to not depreciate quite as fast.

Could not get some recent values for the Raccoons, since the players are locked, not on the auction house, and I have no idea where else to look…
Attached Images

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Westheim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 06:10 PM   #12
diamond3017
Minors (Single A)

For those who play for free, what do you do when you stumble into having a perfect live card on your roster?

I have the Fernando Tatis Jr. live card, which just became a perfect card today. I would really like to hang on to him for pragmatic reasons (I've fully trained him at a bunch of positions) and sentimental ones (I like to hang on to the guys who have won awards for me).

However, selling him would allow me to buy Freddie Freeman and complete the Braves mission, giving me a 95-rated Lonnie Smith SE card. Coins are tough to come by, as I'm a minnow in a Perfect League, and I'd have to gut my roster to get enough (~10K) to buy Freeman otherwise.

I'm leaning towards selling Tatis, with the deciding factor being that Freeman himself may hit 100, and Tatis Jr. seems to be a "flukier" 100 than Bellinger/Trout/etc., and could quickly drop back to the mid 90s.

Last edited by diamond3017; 07-01-2019 at 06:12 PM.
diamond3017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 06:38 PM   #13
PocketsAintFull
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond3017 View Post
For those who play for free, what do you do when you stumble into having a perfect live card on your roster?

I have the Fernando Tatis Jr. live card, which just became a perfect card today. I would really like to hang on to him for pragmatic reasons (I've fully trained him at a bunch of positions) and sentimental ones (I like to hang on to the guys who have won awards for me).

However, selling him would allow me to buy Freddie Freeman and complete the Braves mission, giving me a 95-rated Lonnie Smith SE card. Coins are tough to come by, as I'm a minnow in a Perfect League, and I'd have to gut my roster to get enough (~10K) to buy Freeman otherwise.

I'm leaning towards selling Tatis, with the deciding factor being that Freeman himself may hit 100, and Tatis Jr. seems to be a "flukier" 100 than Bellinger/Trout/etc., and could quickly drop back to the mid 90s.
Yeah I think unless it's a 'sure bet' to stay at Perfect - my Christian Yelich says hi (crosses fingers) - then the 20k is too good to pass up. Now if Bryant and/or Machado could make the step next week, I'd appreciate it

Edit: I know what you mean about sentimental, I take screenshots of nearly everything, heh. It would be cool to have a 'record' of previous players, after they're sold.

Last edited by PocketsAintFull; 07-01-2019 at 06:39 PM.
PocketsAintFull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 07:01 PM   #14
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

play with him this week and monitor how he does, then you can always sell him sunday if his numbers are dropping and it looks like he might go back to 99
dkgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 08:20 PM   #15
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

The Frogs are back at it this week, this time in the very strange 26-team P408. My particular conference has only 12 teams, so pretty good odds at making the playoffs, eh? Additionally, there don't appear to be any tough whales to deal with, so the Frogs are eyeing a third consecutive trip to the playoffs as a result. We're currently 13-6 and in the process of trying to separate from the rest of the division although the Sycamore Psychos (12-7) seem to have other ideas.

Decided not to make any real changes because the team has been doing what I want it to do, and because the AH has been a barren wasteland once again these past 48 hours or so. However, last season's Perfect Series MVP Nomar Garciaparra will get a full season to train up at 3B. This after being eagerly snatched up late last week for 10K PP, then only playing 1 game at the tail end of last week before marching into the playoffs. Ditto with diamond Zack Britton.

I would like to move on from Mike LaValliere as the main catcher, but haven't found the right fit+price to replace him with. Pudge Rodriguez is way overpriced and I don't get it why people are paying 20-35K for him. Smoky Burgess is an intriguing option in sacrificing defense for offense. Tony Pena would be interesting, but not against RHPs on a regular basis. Was looking a little bit at diamond Yogi Berra also, but decided I didn't have 12K PP worth of want for him (not that it's a bad price for him). Maybe some incarnation of Johnny Bench? But, his contact is lower than I'd like. Will keep entertaining options I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
The Colonels are back with no major changes, except that I am trying an 11-man pitching staff for the early part of the season. My next goal is to improve my offense to 1,000 runs scored per season from my current ~800 level. I need to upgrade one position and platoon at a couple more to accomplish this, but I have yet to decide exactly who, where, and how much. For now, I just want to be sure that I don't allow more than 500 runs with one less reliever in the pen.
So, the goal is to score > 1000 and give up < 500 ? Seems like a good way to win a lot of games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond3017 View Post

It depends on what you need. If Tatis is a key cog for you, it might make more sense to keep him. I'd probably give it until toward the end of the week to see if he stays hot--if he does, then maybe you could get even more than 20K. There's really no right answer without a crystal ball in hand.

waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 08:35 PM   #16
acclaim99
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by acclaim99 View Post
Excited for this season... 3 new pack pulls complete my rotation... Pulled Bob Gibson, Clayton Kershaw, and Wilcy Moore for my rotation to add to Walker Buehler, and Roy Halladay... liking the looks of that.
Remember when I was excited for this season to start? Yeah, me too. But, a 6-12 start is changing that quickly.

I thought my pitching was going to be my strong part.. my starters are a combined 4-7 and a 4.97 era. Both of my setup men have an era over 13 and 15. 9-10th in all team catagories.

Team batting average is .247, Last in runs scored, 11th in hrs, 9th or worse in basically all categories

Yup, great start to gold. Do I make a panic move now or wait?

Old 07-01-2019, 09:18 PM   #17
Josquin
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
Hmm, 200 extra runs of offensive production would take more than one position upgrade and two platoons, I would think. Especially if you don't want your defense to suffer.
Josquin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 10:54 PM   #18
old timer
Hall Of Famer

The Raccoons are off to a 19-4 start. Right now, it looks like the Pawnee Harvesters and Ann Arbor Space Cadets will be the toughest teams to beat.

Since the playoffs look like a sure thing, what do we shoot for? I wish the tournaments were ready. In the mean time, I guess we can try for having the best record, RDiff, etc. Maybe I should experiment with my roster more and see how some of the "lesser" cards will do at perfect. For example, can 97 Greenberg hit well at the perfect level? I've not given him a chance since I assumed he wouldn't do well, but last season I finally gave 94 Ruth a chance and he earned a platinum stick in LF even though he only played in 93 games.
Old 07-01-2019, 11:14 PM   #19
Wrathchild
Banned

Infractions: 0/3 (3)
How do I see how I finished in the previous season? Last time I looked yesterday I was in 2nd place, but I now I'm in the Iron League 22 games into the new season. I don't see any menu options for team history, though I'm probably overlooking it.
Wrathchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 11:27 PM   #20
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by waittilnextyear View Post
I would like to move on from Mike LaValliere as the main catcher...was looking a little bit at diamond Yogi Berra, but decided I didn't have 12K PP worth of want for him (not that it's a bad price for him).
Well, 90% of the AH is half-mental as they say. Yogi showed up again in the AH with a bargain 9,999 PP opening bid, no BIN, and an extremely short auction time. Ditto a 95 Rollie Fingers card that somebody just got a nice deal on after sniping me! Anyhow, bought up the 91 Yogi Berra so I'm glad I held off on the 12K price last night. Making things a bit messier, Spanky must've got the message because he's batting .347/.401/.437 so far and on a 3.9 WAR pace. So, I don't think I can replace him in good conscience just now, but I do have a replacement in the wings if I need it.

waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote