Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 06-14-2019, 08:03 PM   #81
Findest2001
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey View Post
Ya da ya da ya da.

I'm the guy that is ridiculously overpowered in silver. How many times are you going to point it out? And if I wasn't in your league, you'd be complaining about the guy leading your division with 3 perfects, 9 diamonds, and 13 gold.
Congratulations you can beat up on wiffle ball teams. You literally don't have to log in at all and in 3 weeks you're at perfect. That's fun for you? Bully mentality I guess. Have fun NOT PLAYING the game because you don't have to. Once again, congratulations on your silver, gold, and diamond world series wins the next 3 seasons.

If your team wasn't in the league Id actually have fun keeping track of the league. I have no issues with anyone other than your team. You don't know me and don't act like you do.

Congratulations one last time on your greatness. Im in awe of your presence and will spread the word of your deeds for generations to come.
Old 06-14-2019, 08:18 PM   #82
gemini615
All Star Reserve

This could be entertaining. Where's the popcorn emogi when I need it? I guess I'll settle for the smack down one My money is on Bailey lol

Last edited by gemini615; 06-14-2019 at 08:20 PM.
gemini615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 08:20 PM   #83
HRBaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Findest2001 View Post
Congratulations you can beat up on wiffle ball teams. You literally don't have to log in at all and in 3 weeks you're at perfect. That's fun for you? Bully mentality I guess. Have fun NOT PLAYING the game because you don't have to. Once again, congratulations on your silver, gold, and diamond world series wins the next 3 seasons.

If your team wasn't in the league Id actually have fun keeping track of the league. I have no issues with anyone other than your team. You don't know me and don't act like you do.

Congratulations one last time on your greatness. Im in awe of your presence and will spread the word of your deeds for generations to come.
Findest, I really have tried to explain things to you - things that we all experience to different extremes - but you seem to not be listening. You yourself have said multiple times you have terrible luck. What exactly do you expect OOTP to do to reverse your luck - and for that matter, why should they? EVERY team that is created in PT is faced with an immediate choice; Try to advance without spending money or definately advance with money. The teams that spend money start in Iron just like everyone else, and in the meantime are going to beat everyone up in the process. Now - I "DO" agree OOTP could do ONE thing; promote teams based on Wins rather than playoff results. That would at least move them up faster - but for reasons I don't understand they don't wish to do that.

The important point here, however, it's not the "whales" that are the bad guys here. Just because they chose to spend money doesn't make them the enemy. The problem is the process. If you continue to attack our fellow team owners because they chose to spend real money, your going to find yourself getting ridiculed constantly.

Final suggestion, decide if this game is your cup of tea or not - and if you can see it for what it is and still enjoy it - please do so - but if your going to be constantly blaming us for your bad luck, it isn't going to be pretty.

Take a breath and start over?

HRBaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 08:33 PM   #84
Findest2001
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRBaker View Post
Findest, I really have tried to explain things to you - things that we all experience to different extremes - but you seem to not be listening. You yourself have said multiple times you have terrible luck. What exactly do you expect OOTP to do to reverse your luck - and for that matter, why should they? EVERY team that is created in PT is faced with an immediate choice; Try to advance without spending money or definately advance with money. The teams that spend money start in Iron just like everyone else, and in the meantime are going to beat everyone up in the process. Now - I "DO" agree OOTP could do ONE thing; promote teams based on Wins rather than playoff results. That would at least move them up faster - but for reasons I don't understand they don't wish to do that.

The important point here, however, it's not the "whales" that are the bad guys here. Just because they chose to spend money doesn't make them the enemy. The problem is the process. If you continue to attack our fellow team owners because they chose to spend real money, your going to find yourself getting ridiculed constantly.

Final suggestion, decide if this game is your cup of tea or not - and if you can see it for what it is and still enjoy it - please do so - but if your going to be constantly blaming us for your bad luck, it isn't going to be pretty.

Take a breath and start over?
I've basically been ridiculed since day 1 anyways. I'm not blaming anyone for my misfortune. But Bailey comes in here and sees the ridiculous amount of frustration Im experiencing and instead of being respectful and polite he just immediately hops into accusing and ridiculing. I have only been posting about faceless teams with no specificity about the managers behind them. Everyone has a right to play their way. Period. But I won't stand for someone treating me the way he did. I try to be respectful and kind but his post crossed the line. In my hundreds of posts I have never specifically called anyone out even with my ridiculous bad luck and ongoing frustrations. He's already won all the way to perfect with his roster. He doesn't need to rub it in. I'm not the only one to blame here.

I'm a human that deserves respect like everyone else. There is such a thing as a sore winner and I clearly just met one. If he's gonna roflstomp everyone he could at least win with class. Did I cross the line with my comment? Maybe. Heck maybe even probably. But he definitely did as well.

I take responsibility for my mistakes so im sorry for cussing out Bailey.
Old 06-14-2019, 08:53 PM   #85
joehart
All Star Starter

As a player with more weak teams than whale teams, I see absolutely nothing wrong with what Bailey is doing.
In fact, my own two kids (I feel more protective when it comes to them) like to have some top guys in their leagues. They gauge their teams against them.

In this regard, he has every right to stay in the lower leagues as long as he likes and decide how to build his team.
He happened to be among the smart ones that waited and then picked up all the right top cards (no wreckless spending and going for random diamond/perfect cards).

Imagine you start out and get a lucky card that sells for 700,000+? Should we all ask for your team to be removed and immediately placed in the top league (no time to train your players, no time to make further changes, be upset with you for having a great team, ....)

The funny part in all this is that Bailey just posted a few days ago how he decided to fully invest into his team (thank you...glad we have another person to help support The OOTP team) and he mentioned that he was looking to join one of the leagues instead of just roaming around and facing weaker Perfect league competition.

Rest assured, he is not here to make you miserable. I have been in a league with him and he has been a great supporter of this game and the people that play it.

joehart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 09:05 PM   #86
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Location: Pack Robert Gibson; November 9, 1935 – October 2, 2020
Quote:
I've basically been ridiculed since day 1 anyways. I'm not blaming anyone for my misfortune. But Bailey comes in here and sees the ridiculous amount of frustration Im experiencing and instead of being respectful and polite he just immediately hops into accusing and ridiculing. I have only been posting about faceless teams with no specificity about the managers behind them. Everyone has a right to play their way. Period. But I won't stand for someone treating me the way he did. I try to be respectful and kind but his post crossed the line. In my hundreds of posts I have never specifically called anyone out even with my ridiculous bad luck and ongoing frustrations. He's already won all the way to perfect with his roster. He doesn't need to rub it in. I'm not the only one to blame here.

I'm a human that deserves respect like everyone else. There is such a thing as a sore winner and I clearly just met one. If he's gonna roflstomp everyone he could at least win with class. Did I cross the line with my comment? Maybe. Heck maybe even probably. But he definitely did as well.

I take responsibility for my mistakes so im sorry for cussing out Bailey.

Hey Findest, maybe time to reset things. You seem like an ok guy although overly emotional when things aren't quite fair. Just let things ride and do the best you can. Bailey is a good player and his team should be much higher for sure. Focus on your team and remember each new week is a new season. Please stop leaning on packs. Buy some points instead and get some guys you want. I still rip packs but it's completely secondary to getting the players I need from the AH.

mcdog512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 09:32 PM   #87
matingly23
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by atabakin View Post
Skipping levels was only for teams that joined that first Friday through Sunday. One time thing and no longer possible.
If the developers were able to support it once, it's possible it could be done again. It's not like that code goes away.
matingly23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 09:37 PM   #88
Findest2001
All Star Reserve

Thank you.
Old 06-14-2019, 09:48 PM   #89
bailey
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I have only been posting about faceless teams with no specificity about the managers behind them.
You posted my complete roster along with my team name and forum name in the same screenshot. I say that was specific and I didn't appreciate it.

As far as beating up on waffle teams, I didn't make the rules. I consider it a “thank you” from the developers for my support, who let me earn copious amounts of PP with a top team in the lower levels.

I just want to have a pretty ribbon like this one:

Name:  ribbon.PNG
Views: 178
Size:  82.2 KB

bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 10:19 PM   #90
Kushiel
All Star Starter

As you have seen in this thread, bailey,ore people support you than do not. We are happy to have people with the funds to support the game better than some of us. Teams like yours give us a measuring stick as Joe pointed out. Earn all you can.
Kushiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 10:32 PM   #91
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushiel View Post
stop worrying about other teams.
This needs to be in a banner at the top of the homepage.

I don't even look at anyone elses roster because I don't care.
dkgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 11:19 PM   #92
KWhit
Major Leagues

I haven't spent a cent of real money in PT and both my teams have won a championship in Diamond and one of them is still in Perfect and likely to stay there. Keep playing. Learn what to look for in players and get better. It can be done.

KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 11:43 PM   #93
joehart
All Star Starter

How about we all agree that this discussion can come to an end. Horray!!!
...or we change it to a quick guideline on what has worked for us in the OL league.

I will make sure we welcome Findest in the OL league with a 4th team.
I think he is taking the comments to heart and plans to wait until Monday morning
before jumping into Entry league.

I missed out on a lot of the initial OL league conversations. Who was the main person behind it. I know we often talk about the "Orcin league" :-)

joehart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 11:49 PM   #94
Magus978
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by joehart View Post
...or we change it to a quick guideline on what has worked for us in the OL league.

I think he is taking the comments to heart and plans to wait until Monday morning

I missed out on a lot of the initial OL league conversations. Who was the main person behind it. I know we often talk about the "Orcin league" :-)
I think we can all agree that you have the patience and the attitude of a saint, Joe.

Can't wait to see how Findest does in OL.

http://twitch.tv/GanbaMagus

Magus978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 11:51 PM   #95
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Location: Pack Robert Gibson; November 9, 1935 – October 2, 2020
Quote:

I think Bottom of the Sixth and Stanley Kupchaser are the drivers of the league. Correct me if I am wrong guys.

mcdog512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 11:52 PM   #96
Magus978
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdog512 View Post
I think Bottom of the Sixth and Stanley Kupchaser are the drivers of the league. Correct me if I am wrong guys.
I believe you are correct. I'm not familiar with the origins of Our League, but they are definitely the two at the front of the project.

http://twitch.tv/GanbaMagus

Magus978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 11:58 PM   #97
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus978 View Post
I believe you are correct. I'm not familiar with the origins of Our League, but they are definitely the two at the front of the project.
Yup.Those are the two.

OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 12:35 AM   #98
<Pion>
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by matingly23 View Post
If the developers were able to support it once, it's possible it could be done again. It's not like that code goes away.
It wouldn’t be the same code as before it was done when the upper leagues had nobody in them. The idea was to quickly populate the other leagues rather than populate only one new level at a time. Without having an empty league to move up to I can imagine how difficult the programming could be. I admire the code they already have as moving teams up and down and having to maybe or maybe create new lower leagues as players join, etc. I for one am glad it wasn’t my nightmare to code. Moving teams multiple levels and earlier requests people had to let players start over at the bottom would have turned what is a difficult coding job to one whose complexity I can’t begin to guess. Every multiple jump up (or jumps down if restarting had been considered) most likely would have to deprive a team of a spot that they deserved through advertised/expected promotion or demotion. My kudos to the devs for the level of programming this game takes.
<Pion> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 01:15 AM   #99
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
It wasn't me. My hats off to the people that made/make it happen. They are doing a great job.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 02:28 AM   #100
matingly23
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by <Pion> View Post
It wouldn’t be the same code as before it was done when the upper leagues had nobody in them. The idea was to quickly populate the other leagues rather than populate only one new level at a time. Without having an empty league to move up to I can imagine how difficult the programming could be. I admire the code they already have as moving teams up and down and having to maybe or maybe create new lower leagues as players join, etc. I for one am glad it wasn’t my nightmare to code. Moving teams multiple levels and earlier requests people had to let players start over at the bottom would have turned what is a difficult coding job to one whose complexity I can’t begin to guess. Every multiple jump up (or jumps down if restarting had been considered) most likely would have to deprive a team of a spot that they deserved through advertised/expected promotion or demotion. My kudos to the devs for the level of programming this game takes.
You can't begin to guess the complexity? I really think that's being overly dramatic. The code that does relegation looked at winning percentage and moved teams up more than one level if it was high enough. Fairly simple. That could be reused.

Why would a team of Perfect cards want to, expect to, or deserve to bash teams' brains in in Iron, Bronze, Silver and Gold? What's the point of that? I don't see how it would be a challenge or enjoyable for the whale teams, nor the F2P teams.

Last edited by matingly23; 06-15-2019 at 02:38 AM.
matingly23 is offline   Reply With Quote