Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 06-14-2019, 12:05 PM   #61
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Findest2001 View Post
I would love to join OL. I have had a blast of a time in the one league where I got lucky enough to get seeded with like 9 OL teams. I've been there for 3 years and am quite content. I did spend money, and I'm only middle of the pack, but I'd rather be middle of the pack and competitive than the best or 2nd best team in the league, but have no chance because of a whale.

So, tell me what I have to do. I'll PM in a few minutes. Thanks for whatever sponsoring is.
Remember that you checked and verified that you are not f2p on any of your accounts, so you are, unfortunately, not eligible for OL.

OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 12:09 PM   #62
Magus978
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGPuppies View Post
Remember that you checked and verified that you are not f2p on any of your accounts, so you are, unfortunately, not eligible for OL.
I think joehart is sponsoring a second license for Findest, and I assume at least one of those teams will end up F2P. At least that's what I read on page 3.

Noble move by Joe if that happens. Very noble.

http://twitch.tv/GanbaMagus

Magus978 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 12:25 PM   #63
justpatrick
Major Leagues

Quote:
I totally forgot that aspect of OL when I suggested he unload players, I was thinking only about the no live requirement. I think I need another coffee.

justpatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 12:31 PM   #64
Findest2001
All Star Reserve

Resolved misunderstanding

Last edited by Findest2001; 06-14-2019 at 12:48 PM. Reason: Resolved misunderstanding
Findest2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 12:32 PM   #65
Findest2001
All Star Reserve

Quote:
I understand. I think some people didn't read that I had spent money and may have led me down a path believing I could work around it. Alas, it is not meant to be. I would have enjoyed that immensely.
Old 06-14-2019, 12:42 PM   #66
Findest2001
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by atabakin View Post
Findest, unless things have dramatically turned around since your standings screenshot in the first post, this whale does not affect you. You'll have, what, 6-7 games against that team? That's not the reason you're hovering around .500. I'm not saying it's right for whales to be in Silver, and I'm not saying it's wrong. What I'm saying is for you to stop blaming whales in different divisions for your team just not being good enough.

I haven't once blamed a whale for my team's performance. I've had a couple years in silver where my team had a .700WP and absolutely zero chance at the championship because the whale team had an .840WP and blew me away in the first round, and once I played them in the WS (hence one of my two promotions). It happens. I'm not suggesting I'm where I am because of 1 team. I'm suggesting I don't have a chance at winning a title or having any fun when on day one of the season I know who the champion is going to be. There should be a point to playing the games. That's my issue. I take full responsibility for where my team is now. I could've been the best manager in PT and still be in silver because of my seeding. I'm not the best manager, but I'll never know how good I am until I'm allowed to be in a truly competitive league of equals. Not 28 equals and a day-1 champion. I've even been promoted twice going against teams like this. But I'm not here to discuss promotion/relegation. I'm here to discuss seeding. Nothing more.

As for the records, I checked my records against the league and I'm 1-6 against him, and .500 or better against every other team in the entire league except 2, and those 2 I'm only 1 game below .500. And the team in question has only 1 loss against every team in the league except 3, where he has 2, 2, and 3 losses. Every other team he has 1 or 0 losses. On Friday...
Old 06-14-2019, 12:47 PM   #67
Findest2001
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus978 View Post
I think joehart is sponsoring a second license for Findest, and I assume at least one of those teams will end up F2P. At least that's what I read on page 3.

Noble move by Joe if that happens. Very noble.
If it happens I'll be in OL soon. I'm excited for that. I look forward to actual competition and games worth being played. I agree, Magus. Class act if it pans out.
Old 06-14-2019, 01:08 PM   #68
Argonaut
All Star Starter

OL is fun, both as a style of play and as a league with good guys.

But I also think your current teams in Silver are not beyond saving and you can turn them into a success. There's lots of ways to improve. I was stuck a bit at Silver and frustrated with the Cowboys, but now they are a high-tier Diamond F2P team (which is IMO the sweet spot of Perfect Team).

There's lots of good information in these forums. Check out chazzycat's thread, ask DonkeyKong about his spreadsheet, etc. You can do well with some meta players, but you can also do well without them if you have a specific plan that fits your players and park factors.

Not every team has to have Chinese warlord Lu Bu at shortstop.
Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 02:16 PM   #69
Charlatan
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argonaut View Post
He doesn't field the ball, he assaults it!
Charlatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 02:20 PM   #70
Kushiel
All Star Starter

By all means take Joe up on his very generous offer. Maybe doing so will help you "...forget Mercy Humppe and find true happiness."

Be prepared though because there are some very good managers in OL including a couple of kids in the great northwest that may make you think you are playing a whale.
Kushiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 02:49 PM   #71
bailey
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushiel View Post
By all means take Joe up on his very generous offer. Maybe doing so will help you "...forget Mercy Humppe and find true happiness."

Be prepared though because there are some very good managers in OL including a couple of kids in the great northwest that may make you think you are playing a whale.
There is the story of a famous chess player who always made excuses for his poor results, eg too noisy, poor lighting, etc. Until there was a tournament where there was nothing to complain about and he still did poorly. His excuse then was "I had nothing to complain about!"

bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 04:05 PM   #72
Magus978
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argonaut View Post
Yes they do. Those forfeit wins coming from Lu Bu killing all of the opposition count just as much as the regular wins

Turns out baseball could not provide him with a decent challenge

http://twitch.tv/GanbaMagus

Magus978 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 05:38 PM   #73
joehart
All Star Starter

Quote:

I feel like these days I need every little advantage to catch up to them. I may need to have them read more, do more homework and go to bed without OOTP in the evening.

They are holding their own this season...

Woodinville Infinite Power: playoff spot in Perfect league (thanks to Ken Griffey and Normar Garciaparra).
Kushiel: He is really excited to meet your team next season.
He still has 14 Gold players but managed to do better than expected.

Renton Warriors: Division and league leader in Diamond league.
He may also get pulled in since he has his brother on his friends list.

Endless Summer -OL: Division leader in Silver (but will probably get replaced by a much better non-OL team).
Kiddo decided to start re-training people that are not fast learners.
He will learn from his mistake.

Defenders - OL: 2nd wildcard spot in Bronze. Other kiddo also started re-training late in the season.

I think it really helped that they sat back for weeks and started making notes about players and their stats.

Now that baseball season is over, I got volunteered to teach their friends about OOTP and help them and their dads get into Perfect team as well. What have I done...…?

joehart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 05:51 PM   #74
Kushiel
All Star Starter

Oh my goodness, Joe. You and Markus have created a PT two headed monster! It is going to be great fun playing them from my end.

I am sure they are going to have so much with their friends involved and maybe we will get some more OL teams out of it.

I got both mynew OL teams friends option straightened out so we will be in the right leagues Monday with them. They are both winning 70% in Iron so if they hold it together in the playoffs they may both go to Bronze.

Last edited by Kushiel; 06-14-2019 at 05:54 PM.
Kushiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 06:03 PM   #75
matingly23
Minors (Double A)

I joined PT 19 after it was already in progress so I never saw a skip of leagues there.

But in PT 20 I joined in the first week. Teams can be and were skipped to higher than one league ahead based on how they performed in the Entry level. I have one team that started in Silver and never played a game in Iron or Bronze.

So it's possible to skip over levels and it has been done. It kind of sucked for my team as they are F2P and missed out on two league levels where they could have earned a lot of PP. For a real whale it wouldn't matter, you could skip them right to Diamond or even Perfect and they'd be fine.
matingly23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 06:15 PM   #76
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Location: Pack Robert Gibson; November 9, 1935 – October 2, 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by matingly23 View Post
I joined PT 19 after it was already in progress so I never saw a skip of leagues there.

But in PT 20 I joined in the first week. Teams can be and were skipped to higher than one league ahead based on how they performed in the Entry level. I have one team that started in Silver and never played a game in Iron or Bronze.

So it's possible to skip over levels and it has been done. It kind of sucked for my team as they are F2P and missed out on two league levels where they could have earned a lot of PP. For a real whale it wouldn't matter, you could skip them right to Diamond or even Perfect and they'd be fine.

There was no league skip in 19.

mcdog512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 06:20 PM   #77
Findest2001
All Star Reserve

This guy is so ridiculously overpowered in silver that he has a 21 game lead on the #2 team in the entire league and a 30 game lead over the #3 team at the 120 game mark. And he's clinched the playoffs already with 42 games to go. The next best team in the entire league has a magic number of 40 and he's already clinched.

Oh yeah, and if you take the Rdiff for every single team in the league with a positive Rdiff and add them together it's still 30 runs less than his Rdiff, again, with 42 games yet to go.

This is so far beyond ridiculous it is comical at this point.
And all I can do is log out, give up on my team because there's no point in trying and pray for the 9th consecutive season I get seeded without a megawhale which I know isn't going to happen.

EDIT: LMFAO and his pythag says he's been unlucky by 3 games. And he only had 10 losses in bronze last year. So he's 252-30 over the last 1.75 years.

Last edited by Findest2001; 06-14-2019 at 06:30 PM.
Findest2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 06:23 PM   #78
joehart
All Star Starter

Quote:
Oh my goodness, Joe. You and Markus have created a PT two headed monster! It is going to be great fun playing them from my end.

I am sure they are going to have so much with their friends involved and maybe we will get some more OL teams out of it.

I got both mynew OL teams friends option straightened out so we will be in the right leagues Monday with them. They are both winning 70% in Iron so if they hold it together in the playoffs they may both go to Bronze.

Terrific. My Sad Hill Hunters OL team managed to stay competitive (.711).

Despite the Saturday night late start, we managed to get to 86-35 and should face a wild card team in round 1. Hopefully that puts us on a path to the Bronze OL league.

The team is not nearly as strong (you can tell it is missing a few thousand PPs in upgrades) but we were able to hold on to Beltre and get a great season from him.

After we get promoted, we better both get our acts together to catch up to them..... :-)

joehart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 07:22 PM   #79
bailey
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Findest2001 View Post
This guy is so ridiculously overpowered in silver that he has a …...
Ya da ya da ya da.

I'm the guy that is ridiculously overpowered in silver. How many times are you going to point it out? And if I wasn't in your league, you'd be complaining about the guy leading your division with 3 perfects, 9 diamonds, and 13 gold.

bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 07:37 PM   #80
atabakin
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by matingly23 View Post

Skipping levels was only for teams that joined that first Friday through Sunday. One time thing and no longer possible.