Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 06-13-2019, 03:45 PM   #1
Findest2001
All Star Reserve

There's GOT to be a way to keep uber-whales out of iron-silver, right?

I'm in my seventh year in silver or below, and the day the seeding of the league occurred there wasn't a chance for any other team besides the token "uber-whale" that has been in every...single...league I've been seeded into who should clearly be in perfect because his roster is...well...perfect. Quite literally. The only non perfects he has are Lavlliere at Catcher and 2 or 3 diamonds.

It's Thursday and he's got a 33 1/2 game lead on the #2 in his division, and a 17-game lead on the second-best team in the entire league. He's first in every category except 3. Might as well hand him the trophy today and fast forward to next week...again..for the 7th week in a row. There is literally no reason to log in anymore. I will ALWAYS be seeded with a super team and have absolutely no chance to win. The challenge of moving up is supposed to be fun. It's not fun to be a double-A team trying to win the double-A crown, only to have the 1927 Yankees seeded into your league.

In 19 being held down in the lower ranks happened to me, but admittedly it was my fault for not understanding the game and strategies, player evaluation and such. But in 20, every year I say the same thing "I've got a top-5-6 team in the entire league with absolutely no shot of making it." If this was real life all I could do is pray for injuries to the uber whale, but PT doesn't have injuries.

This isn't even a promotion/relegation issue anymore. It's a seeding issue now. This guy should be in perfect. Why the hell is he in silver? I'm quite sick of this. I feel like 7 seasons has proved I can be patient about this, but 7 in a row is getting beyond ridiculous.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Old 06-13-2019, 03:55 PM   #2
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Findest2001 View Post
I feel like 7 seasons has proved I can be patient about this, but 7 in a row is getting beyond ridiculous.
Funny, I felt like you've been whining about the same **** every week for at least ten seasons.

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Westheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 03:58 PM   #3
HiDesertAce
Major Leagues

you need take care of business and worry about making the playoffs first before you complain about whale teams holding you down.

also, looks like he just went and upgraded his team because his lifetime record doesnt reflect that roster.
Attached Images

HiDesertAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 04:00 PM   #4
chazzycat
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiDesertAce View Post
also, looks like he just went and upgraded his team because his lifetime record doesnt reflect that roster.
or he's tanking every other season.
chazzycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 04:01 PM   #5
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Shame on you, bailey! Why are you down there picking on these kids?
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 04:02 PM   #6
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Location: Pack Robert Gibson; November 9, 1935 – October 2, 2020
Quote:
I
This isn't even a promotion/relegation issue anymore. It's a seeding issue now. This guy should be in perfect. Why the hell is he in silver? I'm quite sick of this. I feel like 7 seasons has proved I can be patient about this, but 7 in a row is getting beyond ridiculous.
I know this guy, he's a good player and he is a whale by all definitions. He should be in Perfect with that team but that's not how the game works. He spins up a team and buys players he wants, he's gonna kill everyone. In three weeks he'll be in perfect. Unless someone tanks down, they really aren't doing anything wrong.

mcdog512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 04:07 PM   #7
joehart
All Star Starter

Three quick comment...

1. There was no need to open a new discussion since it has been discussed before and you could have easily posted into any of the older ones.

2. If late starters like this team did not exist, the AH would be useless. People that decide to start now and build a great team by investing into the game tend to help all of us more than the few seasons it takes for him to move past you.
Use the time with them to judge your team and see what works and what does not.

3. thank you Collinwood Magpies !!!

joehart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 04:08 PM   #8
justpatrick
Major Leagues

At least it´s just one whale, I´ve been in leagues with several.

Anyway, I guess the best strategy would be to build the second best team in the league, let him destroy you in the league championship, and promote. Winning the wildcard will get you nothing but a date with the whale and another season in silver.

justpatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 04:11 PM   #9
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Location: Pack Robert Gibson; November 9, 1935 – October 2, 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by joehart View Post
Three quick comment...

1. There was no need to open a new discussion since it has been discussed before and you could have easily posted into any of the older ones.

2. If late starters like this team did not exist, the AH would be useless. People that decide to start now and build a great team by investing into the game tend to help all of us more than the few seasons it takes for him to move past you.
Use the time with them to judge your team and see what works and what does not.

3. thank you Collinwood Magpies !!!
Magpies were tough in 19 as I recall, they look just as good in 20...

During this week in perfect team Snaggle was going through RBI leaders and a team in Iron had like 4-5 guys with over 100+ RBIs including a perfect Ruth, which does make me question a little how seeding works. The guy will be in perfect in a few weeks but man, way too good for his level.

mcdog512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 04:11 PM   #10
Findest2001
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by justpatrick View Post
At least it´s just one whale, I´ve been in leagues with several.

Anyway, I guess the best strategy would be to build the second best team in the league, let him destroy you in the league championship, and promote. Winning the wildcard will get you nothing but a date with the whale and another season in silver.
Which is what happens every year. I usually am the 2nd best except for one year I missed the wc by one game because there were 3 whales...
Old 06-13-2019, 04:13 PM   #11
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Either spend more money on the game to try and compete with that whale, or get used to the fact that there will be teams like that that are much better than you. Enjoy the game. It's supposed to be fun. If it isn't any more then move on to something else that is.

OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 04:14 PM   #12
GlassGuyBob
Minors (Double A)

Any problem that solves itself in a short period of time isn't a problem.

GlassGuyBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 04:31 PM   #13
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdog512 View Post

During this week in perfect team Snaggle was going through RBI leaders and a team in Iron had like 4-5 guys with over 100+ RBIs including a perfect Ruth, which does make me question a little how seeding works. The guy will be in perfect in a few weeks but man, way too good for his level.
yeah, some of the stats are just downright comical.... just queried the RBI stats from last season.... that team had 6 of the top 15 spots, and those 6 players had RBI totals of 185, 185, 180, 170, 162 and 153....

re: the bolded part: You'd think so, right? But I just looked up that team in the current manager standings and he's still in Iron level with 0 playoffs/0 championships and a lifetime record of 761-1021

how do you manage to have 6 players drive in 1035 runs (plus whatever the rest of the team did) and not at minimum make the playoffs, much less promotion to a higher tier? (pitching must be completely abysmal)
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 04:34 PM   #14
joehart
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdog512 View Post

He was part of the Orcin league and lots of fun to play and compete against. I want to say he won the first championship in the league or one of them.
So even with similar constraints, he was good at what he was doing.

Old 06-13-2019, 04:36 PM   #15
Findest2001
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassGuyBob View Post
Any problem that solves itself in a short period of time isn't a problem.
I agree. Which is why this is a problem. I have waited 7 weeks and this is week 8 and it is still not solved. Every single week I log in and see this and then go oh well maybe next week it'll be better. And then the next week it's worse not better. It will not stop. This is eight weeks of this we're talking about. Not one week and then problem solved. 2 months of not being able to play the game and have fun because somebody shouldn't be in the league they're in. I know others have this problem too, and I expect this in a game of this sort but 2 months of having no fun because of this is indicative of a problem with seeding. I had issues in 19 but 20 is significantly worse in this regard, not better. There are easily 5x a many whales as there were last year. I saw 1 or 2 in every 10 seasons of pt19. I've gotten them in 8 straight years of 20. There has to be something to stop this from happening in EVERY season. Its really not too much to ask for ONE season of a break from the impossible. at least once in a while I can handle, but come on, who plays a game to be incessantly frustrated for 2 months? I love the game on the whole but I'm pretty much done with pt. Its unbalanced and frustrating more than challenging.

Last edited by Findest2001; 06-13-2019 at 04:39 PM.
Findest2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 04:38 PM   #16
atabakin
All Star Reserve

Sometimes if I get tired of listening to albums that are in good condition, I know I can always count on coming to these message boards for a broken record.
Old 06-13-2019, 05:22 PM   #17
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
but come on, who plays a game to be incessantly frustrated for 2 months?
Think about that...
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 05:23 PM   #18
joehart
All Star Starter

Have you considered that this game may not be the right one for you. You seem overly frustrated and depressed every week (and have been for many weeks).

The game mechanisms for PT and promotion system are fine as they are now and I would hate to see them change it because you can’t find a way to win more games.

I look at my own two boys that managed to make it to Diamond (playoff spot) and Perfect (prompted last season and in a wild card spot) just fine.
Even the OL teams are moving up just fine with no investment.

Create an OL team in Entry league if you get too frustrated with an existing one.
Join the existing league and help make it an entire 30 teams so your concerns are resolved by your commitment to OL.

Old 06-13-2019, 05:24 PM   #19
HRBaker
Hall Of Famer

I'll say it again, your not alone. Most all of us That haven't spent a ton of money have had to struggle thru the whales passing us up in the passing lane. Some teams luck out and get a break early, some not. Anyone of us has the right to choose to upgrade at any time.

HRBaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 05:42 PM   #20
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

If there was only 1 team promoted at this level, I could see the point a bit more. But, the fact is there's 4 teams being promoted and that whale isn't even in the OP's division. It's possible to win the division with a good team, but the OP's team looks to be in 3rd place in its own division of non-whales.

Maybe the takeaway is that the team isn't deserving of promotion just yet?

waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote