Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 06-16-2019, 12:14 PM   #81
RunninYakAngler
Minors (Triple A)

The Miners won their Wildcard game and are up 1-0 in the division series. Gonna be tough as the Marlins have some tremendous bats in the lineup.

The YakAnglers lost game one of the division series against Perfect Maddux. No big deal, we now face perfect Scherzer in game 2. Might be a quick exit. Again.

RunninYakAngler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 01:08 PM   #82
X3NEIZE
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by old timer View Post
The Raccoons won the opener against Wilmington, defeating Cy Young 3-2. You know, if that shadow dude is right, then the super teams in the playoffs should fear the mighty (little) Raccoons! That special playoff code should really help us this year, right?

Edit: We're up 2-0 on Wilmington now after winning 11-4 at their home (they had an .827 home WPct). It's back to the Evergreen Forest where we'll be facing Walter Johnson. We beat him the last time we faced him, but I'll be surprised if we can do that again.
That;s amazing!! I got tickets for game 3 @Raccoons ballparks!!!

X3NEIZE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 01:22 PM   #83
Magus978
All Star Starter

No promotion party for the Patriots, who go out quietly in the divisional round, getting swept 3-0. Brooklyn (Gold) and the 1980's All Stars (Iron) also in danger of getting swept. Now that takes true talent, to have 3 teams all simultaneously use up whatever ability they had just to get to the playoffs and then just no-show entirely afterwards.

I should get all of the points for a trifecta of October incompetence. Gonna need a beer or two tonight to forget about this disaster.

http://twitch.tv/GanbaMagus

Last edited by Magus978; 06-16-2019 at 01:23 PM.
Magus978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 01:45 PM   #84
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by X3NEIZE View Post
That;s amazing!! I got tickets for game 3 @Raccoons ballparks!!!

I know they're a better team which makes it even cooler. As to game 3, it was a good one and I'm glad I decided to watch it.

Yaz had an off year so I demoted him at the end of the season and replaced him with... none of my top reserve players. Instead, I put Lefty O'Doul on the bench and had Maddox play CF and moved Robinson and Seymour around (since Yaz was no longer in LF). O'Doul hadn't played since silver so I had no idea what to expect, but I felt like he should be able to hit perfect pitching just fine.

Going to the bottom of the 7th, the Raccoons were trailing 8-3. Walter Johnson came out and Keefe was now pitching. Zimmerman hit a 2-run HR against Keefe (Zimmerman can't field well, but boy can he hit perfect pitching!) and we scored once more to make it 8-6 (Clarkson came on to relieve for Wilmington).

In the bottom of the 8th, after Maddox and LaValliere got on base, Lefty O'Doul was called on to pinch hit for Boudreau. So what does O'Doul do? He hits a 2-run double to tie the game at 8! After 2 outs were made, Cy Seymour singled home O'Doul to give us the lead, 9-8. Eckersley (OVR 99) then allows only a single in the 9th and the Raccoons complete the sweep! Totally didn't see that coming!

Last edited by old timer; 06-16-2019 at 01:47 PM.
old timer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 01:51 PM   #85
X3NEIZE
All Star Reserve

Quote:
I know they're a better team which makes it even cooler. As to game 3, it was a good one and I'm glad I decided to watch it.

Yaz had an off year so I demoted him at the end of the season and replaced him with... none of my top reserve players. Instead, I put Lefty O'Doul on the bench and had Maddox play CF and moved Robinson and Seymour around (since Yaz was no longer in LF). O'Doul hadn't played since silver so I had no idea what to expect, but I felt like he should be able to hit perfect pitching just fine.

Going to the bottom of the 7th, the Raccoons were trailing 8-3. Walter Johnson came out and Keefe was now pitching. Zimmerman hit a 2-run HR against Keefe (Zimmerman can't field well, but boy can he hit perfect pitching!) and we scored once more to make it 8-6 (Clarkson came on to relieve for Wilmington).

In the bottom of the 8th, after Maddox and LaValliere got on base, Lefty O'Doul was called on to pinch hit for Boudreau. So what does O'Doul do? He hits a 2-run double to tie the game at 8! After 2 outs were made, Cy Seymour singled home O'Doul to give us the lead, 9-8. Eckersley (OVR 99) then allows only a single in the 9th and the Raccoons complete the sweep! Totally didn't see that coming!
OMG Amazing!! seriously dude, this team you took down is good for real, possibly the best in the league, there's obviously the two teams left that are very hard and just as good, but the great thing about this game is meeting great teams and great people and you my friend have the single best team I've ever faced... You bring hope to most people thinking they need the best-in-slot cards... and that's not the case at all as evidenced here so far...

Win or lose the next series, you've come out a champ!

Good luck in the NLS!!

Last edited by X3NEIZE; 06-16-2019 at 01:53 PM.
X3NEIZE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 01:55 PM   #86
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:

wow. Wormburners got upset.

OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 02:17 PM   #87
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGPuppies View Post
wow. Wormburners got upset.

Yeah, Long Beach-Compton beat Winnipeg 3-1, but I'm not sure I'd call it an upset. Long Beach won more games and seem comparable "on paper" as well. Or perhaps you were mixing up the Winnipeg Wormburners and the Wilmington Blue Rocks?

In the regular season we went 8-11 against the Long Beach-Compton Laborers for Anarcho-syndicalism (that name really messes with the formatting). Funny thing is, I was more worried about meeting them in the post-season (they won our division) than I was worried about playing those other really strong teams. If the regular season games are any indication of how things will go, it should be interesting at least.
Old 06-16-2019, 02:27 PM   #88
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

Fun's already over over here. Accountants got swept in the LDS, including losing 3-2 while outhitting the opposition 9-3 in the final Game 3. Had one team in the playoffs in 19, that's gone, too. All my PP are stuck in auctions. I guess I will not have to check in again today.

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Westheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 02:42 PM   #89
joehart
All Star Starter

Based on seasonal record,
the #3 (Fighting Apes), #4 (Wilmington Blue Rocks), and #7 (Wormburners) exited the playoffs.

Still a big fight between the #1 and wild card #10 (Virginia Beach Freaks) team.

Good luck to everyone.

joehart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 02:46 PM   #90
Morug
Major Leagues

My angels make the playoof in perfect leagues...lost the wild card game. Maybe i had a weak league but im little suprised that my team perform well in perfect leagues.

F2P pack only

F2P AH
Morug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 03:13 PM   #91
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by joehart View Post
Based on seasonal record,
the #3 (Fighting Apes), #4 (Wilmington Blue Rocks), and #7 (Wormburners) exited the playoffs.

Still a big fight between the #1 and wild card #10 (Virginia Beach Freaks) team.

Good luck to everyone.

Congratulations on your (or I guess it's your kids' team now?) sweep of the Apes. Good luck against Stone Island.
Old 06-16-2019, 03:19 PM   #92
RunninYakAngler
Minors (Triple A)

YakAnglers gave them everything they could handle, but lose the division series in 4 games. All games were close and I believe 3 of them were 1 run games and 1 r 2 into extras. My Yaks are my best team but are stuck in Silver.

The Miners pull the upset in the 5th game and take the division series 5-2. Willie McGee took MVP honors but Matty Mo (Matt Morris) should have got it with 2 wins. The Marlins looked like they might struggle against this type of pitcher and he delivered. The Marlins beat me head-to-head 12-7 this season and won our division by 17 or 18 games. Great season just bad luck for them.

Old 06-16-2019, 03:40 PM   #93
Cheesehead1964
Major Leagues

Bees had second best record in their Diamond League (behind a whale with half perfect cards that would have killed me had I made the final).

Up 2-0 in divisional round, only to lose 2-3. Argh. I'm actually kind of glad I'm not being promoted to Perfect League for a season, as I'll be a doormat.

Thieves were mid-pack in Diamond after being demoted last season from Perfect League.

Barnstormers were mid-pack in Perfect League - had a hot start but fizzled. Not a bad showing for a team which will likely go on auto-pilot...

Last edited by Cheesehead1964; 06-16-2019 at 03:41 PM.
Cheesehead1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 03:43 PM   #94
Cheesehead1964
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morug View Post
My angels make the playoof in perfect leagues...lost the wild card game. Maybe i had a weak league but im little suprised that my team perform well in perfect leagues.

That gives me hope for my Barnstormers - they did okay for first season (mid pack).

My Thieves were demoted from Perfect League after a cup of coffee last season. They were destroyed.
Cheesehead1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 04:21 PM   #95
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

The Colonels were bounced in the first round of the playoffs, so another season ends with a loss. My team has a 25-man OVR of 2,383 and my opponent's team totals 2,311, so it was a pretty evenly-matched series from the standpoint of card strength. The composite score of the series was 23-21 with each team winning a blowout, so the results were pretty close too. My opponent uses a ballpark that is configured to his strength (LHB batting) but we split in his park and lost 2 of 3 at home - both of the games that Schilling pitched but his ERA in the series was 3.21. My bullpen (#1 in the regular season) gave up 9 runs in 10 innings of work, including a walk-off grand slam to end game 3, so that could be something to consider. But in fact, the whole thing just feels like typically RNG-chance and there's nothing to really attack here. So I will look for a few improvements and move on to next week in the hope that I will finally get that PL medallion soon.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 04:24 PM   #96
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Location: Pack Robert Gibson; November 9, 1935 – October 2, 2020
Fighting Saints are 2-0 in the ALCS in P416. Extremely close game 2 .

Saints are throwing Nolan Ryan(100) against Cisco Carlos(92) in game 3.

mcdog512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 04:31 PM   #97
RunninYakAngler
Minors (Triple A)

Game 1 of the Sub-league series saw the Miners and the Provo Soak battle to a 1-1 tie in the top of the 12th inning. Frankie Frisch hit a 2 run single to take a 3-1 lead. While the Miners were celebrating a likely win the Soak had other ideas. Matt Chapman hit a blooper off of Paul Dean into left then Matt Chapman scorches a double into left to make it men on 2nd and 3rd and nobody out. The drama wouldn't last much longer as Chris Singleton hits a 3-1 pitch to deep left which clears the fences for the walk off win. The Miners have to wonder what the manager was thinking sending him out for a 3rd inning, although he was lights out the previous two innings.

Old 06-16-2019, 06:08 PM   #98
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Well, it was fun while it lasted. After winning the 1st game in the conference championship, we lost the next 4 to the Long Beach-Compton team. They were all close which was pretty much how it was in the regular season too, but they were just too tough for us this year.

Looks like Stone Island and Washington or locked up in a good one. Will be interesting to see who wins it all. Often times, I lose interest once my team is elminated, but this year was fun so I'll follow it to the end.
Old 06-16-2019, 06:11 PM   #99
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Location: Pack Robert Gibson; November 9, 1935 – October 2, 2020
Fighting Saints are in the world series in P416. Pine Tar Pirates would have been the favorite I believe but they were defeated in the NLCS.

mcdog512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 06:50 PM   #100
joehart
All Star Starter

Quote:
Congratulations on your (or I guess it's your kids' team now?) sweep of the Apes. Good luck against Stone Island.

I get to look but don’t touch while they try to win their championship.
I don’t mind. It is fun just reporting on the teams without having to worry about lineups and everything else.

Stone Island is rock solid. I expected a quick loss. But after going 2-3 they have two more opportunities at home to beat the Explorers.
We have not won twice at their park ever so this should be the end of todays playoff chapter.

joehart is offline   Reply With Quote