Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 06-11-2019, 06:54 PM   #21
Warhawk
Major Leagues

Weirdly lucky tonight.

Logged on to my first team had about 2700 points, ended up opening 12 packs off that putting 2 diamonds (albeit ones I already had) and 6 golds. Next team, had enough for 3 packs, each had a gold in it that I didn't already have.
Warhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 08:39 PM   #22
daves
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
After their best season (115-47) in Perfect Leagues so far, the Colonels continue to tweak the roster. The regular season was good, but we are still a bit short of competing with the best teams in the playoffs, and we certainly aren't ready for the tougher Perfect leagues. Led by last year's MVP and PotY Curt Schilling, the pitching staff returns intact. However, there are some changes among the position players with additional moves planned.

LF/DH Pete Rose will start this season on the bench after posting a weak 0.7 WAR in 2029. Frank Robinson returns to the lineup in LF after missing all of last season due to DNPMD (did not play, manager's decision - mysterious, isn't it). Jackie Robinson will move from 3B to his natural position of 2B, replacing Jim Gilliam whose .208 average and 0.5 WAR were too anemic to be excused by his superb defense. I finally reached my goal of no Live cards, so I will need a third baseman to replace Anthony Rendon. I have a player in mind but he has not been available yet, so I will train Gilliam there to start the season. Yes, I could just play J.Robinson at 3B and Gilliam at 2B but I think the additional position will make Gilliam more valuable in the long run. These changes may weaken the infield defense slightly, but replacing Gilliam and Rose with stronger hitters will lengthen the lineup and should more than compensate for any additional runs surrendered on defense.

Interesting write up. Not sure why you don’t keep Rendon until the player you seek is available at the price you are willing to spend?

I too have been eliminating the live players from my main team Doubledays. All live pitchers are off the active roster. But Lindor, Trout and Yelich remain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 08:43 PM   #23
daves
Hall Of Famer

I only planned on one PT2.0 team, but I wanted to try a team with power righties. I thought the team would linger around Gold level, but after winning the Diamond WS, the experimental team is in Perfect.

So far the big bats have a winning record.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 06-11-2019, 08:49 PM   #24
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by daves View Post
Interesting write up. Not sure why you don’t keep Rendon until the player you seek is available at the price you are willing to spend?

I would have but I needed the points.

I picked up the player today... 99 Frank Baker. I overpaid, but I haven't seen that card in weeks. Given the lackluster market recently, I wasn't willing to wait for another shot. If I passed and someone else bought it, then I would have seen the next one 10% higher anyway.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 09:04 PM   #25
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Got a tanker in my league and I think this same team was mentioned last week by someone else...FYI, the team name is Green City Astronauts and the manager is wermzer. This team is 8-39 and a very nice 0-25 on the road. Just for giggles, here's that team's lineup:

77 Cesar Hernandez
75 Jorge Polanco
75 Khris Davis
76 Roger Bresnahan
70 Mickey Rivers
82 Tommy Holmes
67 Neil Walker
67 Matt Kemp
74 Craig Grebeck

The rotation is: 72 Johnny Podres, 75 Martin Perez, 71 Mike Minor, 78 Aaron Sele, 77 Frank Lary.

Holmes is the only gold card on the active roster, but I do give credit for having a very underrated Dick Groat card on the bench...could this be the guy farming Dick Groat cards for 4999 PP all the time in the AH?

Cards lurking on this team's reserve roster?

97 Barry Larkin, 96 Aroldis Chapman, 95 Joe DiMaggio, 94 Dizzy Dean, 94 Lou Gehrig, 92 Tim Belcher, 92 Harmon Killebrew, 92 Phil Niekro, 92 Nolan Ryan, 92 Billy Wagner, 91 Yogi Berra, 91 Paul Waner, 90 Dave Parker. And about 20 other useful golds.

Now that I've put this team "on blast," I hope I don't lose any games to them. That would be embarrassing.

waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 09:09 PM   #26
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

No excuse for that team to go unpunished. Obvious tanker.
Old 06-11-2019, 09:44 PM   #27
daves
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
I would have but I needed the points.

I picked up the player today... 99 Frank Baker. I overpaid, but I haven't seen that card in weeks. Given the lackluster market recently, I wasn't willing to wait for another shot. If I passed and someone else bought it, then I would have seen the next one 10% higher anyway.
I was guessing Perfect Brett. A player I have not seen in the AH for some time.

Old 06-11-2019, 09:46 PM   #28
daves
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by waittilnextyear View Post
Got a tanker in my league and I think this same team was mentioned last week by someone else...FYI, the team name is Green City Astronauts and the manager is wermzer. This team is 8-39 and a very nice 0-25 on the road. Just for giggles, here's that team's lineup:

77 Cesar Hernandez
75 Jorge Polanco
75 Khris Davis
76 Roger Bresnahan
70 Mickey Rivers
82 Tommy Holmes
67 Neil Walker
67 Matt Kemp
74 Craig Grebeck

The rotation is: 72 Johnny Podres, 75 Martin Perez, 71 Mike Minor, 78 Aaron Sele, 77 Frank Lary.

Holmes is the only gold card on the active roster, but I do give credit for having a very underrated Dick Groat card on the bench...could this be the guy farming Dick Groat cards for 4999 PP all the time in the AH?

Cards lurking on this team's reserve roster?

97 Barry Larkin, 96 Aroldis Chapman, 95 Joe DiMaggio, 94 Dizzy Dean, 94 Lou Gehrig, 92 Tim Belcher, 92 Harmon Killebrew, 92 Phil Niekro, 92 Nolan Ryan, 92 Billy Wagner, 91 Yogi Berra, 91 Paul Waner, 90 Dave Parker. And about 20 other useful golds.

Now that I've put this team "on blast," I hope I don't lose any games to them. That would be embarrassing.
What is the punishment from the devs?

Old 06-11-2019, 09:55 PM   #29
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Quote:
What is the punishment from the devs?
Your guess is as good as mine. I remember that someone mentioned this team was reported in past weeks, but I'm not sure about any sanctions or what those sanctions might have been. Maybe first offense is a stern finger wag from Kris Jardine? Then second offense is an "I'm so disappointed in you" PM from Markus? Who knows what subsequent offenses would be?

For the record, I think this whole "tanking" thing is more funny than maddening. I did, however, report this team because I know some people take the competitive balance issue more seriously than I do.

Old 06-11-2019, 10:38 PM   #30
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I was guessing Perfect Brett. A player I have not seen in the AH for some time.
That's a great choice, but my wallet hurts already and might not survive that blow.
Old 06-12-2019, 01:10 AM   #31
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by waittilnextyear View Post
Got a tanker in my league and I think this same team was mentioned last week by someone else...FYI, the team name is Green City Astronauts...Now that I've put this team "on blast," I hope I don't lose any games to them. That would be embarrassing.
Of course I sealed my fate with this comment earlier and my team proceeded to drop 2/3 to the tanking team. His 72 Johnny Podres (73 stuff/39 movement/65 control) threw a 3-hit shutout in one game. In the other loss, Craig Grebeck and Micky Rivers hit late 2-run homers to blow up my bullpen.

You can say a lot of things about OOTP, but nobody can really accuse it of not having enough variability in outcomes. Frustrating that it can be sometimes...

At least it was overall a pretty good day for the Frogs. Starting at 11-16, they went 16-11 today. We're 27-27 and in the conversation for a wild card at least.

Old 06-12-2019, 03:25 AM   #32
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

Man, there's just no arguing with this sort of offense. It's like bringing a bag o' cotton balls to a gunfight… Oh, you brought a knife to a gunfight? Tell me about it! At least you could go stabby-stabby on someone!

(tries to stab random user with a cotton ball)

Attached Images

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Westheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 03:44 AM   #33
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Brutal league. The Raccoons went 3-9 vs the whales this month. 6 of those losses were by 1 run, but I'm not sure if that's good or not. Overall we went 13-12 for the month and are 1/2 game behind the #2 WC. This is our worst WPct in many seasons this late into the year.

One team lost 20 straight and you can see all of the other streaks in the screenshot, including a 31 game win streak. The only non-whales with a greater than .500 WPct are the Raccoons and the Virginia Beach Freaks.

Lavalliere is hitting .310 and hit .290 last year as my catcher vs RHP. How does this guy hit perfect pitching so well?!
Attached Images
Old 06-12-2019, 05:44 AM   #34
joehart
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by old timer View Post
Brutal league. The Raccoons went 3-9 vs the whales this month. 6 of those losses were by 1 run, but I'm not sure if that's good or not. Overall we went 13-12 for the month and are 1/2 game behind the #2 WC. This is our worst WPct in many seasons this late into the year.
Yeah...it feels like the league selection went a bit sideways.
It looks like several different friends lists pulled all these teams together.

OL pulled themselves in as a group, the mid-level whales pulled themselves in together, …..
All it takes is a few stronger teams on the same friends list and you can end up with a bunch of strong teams.

Good luck for the rest of the week...hopefully you can make the playoffs and upset some teams.

joehart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 08:25 AM   #35
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

48-4 is insanely lucky even if that's a perfect level team playing at iron, I wonder how many points that win streak is worth

wow that league is crazy with all the 10+ streaks

Last edited by dkgo; 06-12-2019 at 08:26 AM.
dkgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 08:29 AM   #36
X3NEIZE
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkgo View Post
48-4 is insanely lucky even if that's a perfect level team playing at iron, I wonder how many points that win streak is worth

wow that league is crazy with all the 10+ streaks
It's worth the same as a 24 or a 42 win streak.

X3NEIZE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 09:27 AM   #37
sharknut
All Star Reserve

29-25. Last place. Good times.

sharknut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 01:47 PM   #38
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by old timer View Post

One team lost 20 straight and you can see all of the other streaks in the screenshot, including a 31 game win streak. The only non-whales with a greater than .500 WPct are the Raccoons and the Virginia Beach Freaks.

Lavalliere is hitting .310 and hit .290 last year as my catcher vs RHP. How does this guy hit perfect pitching so well?!
So one of those teams is on a 31-game winning streak, huh? And against that type of competition. Man, if I were that team's owner I'd just be hanging around my computer and smoking a cigar the entire week. And I don't even smoke!

As for Spanky, he's like Tom Brady. You can never count him out.

Old 06-12-2019, 01:58 PM   #39
joehart
All Star Starter

I looked at the streak and it was mostly against much weaker competition. Maybe a tough series here and there but mostly weak competition against the best of the best pitchers and hitters in the game.
No real skill with that lineup.

joehart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 02:02 PM   #40
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

My two teams are getting their butts handed to them in this league. A bridge too far.

OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote