Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 06-24-2019, 03:23 PM   #141
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by acclaim99 View Post
even if the only option is the quick sell?
They wouldn't rise as much but would certainly rise, theoretically by the quick sell price.

Say there is a great reward for live yankees that high level players really want. A card like live Severino has no real value when locked into your team after being submitted, so he is essentially a 4.5K point pure cost. That means people are willing to lose 4.5K points on Severino in order to complete this mission. If they could get 4K back on a quick sell and are willing to lose that same 4.5K points, then his price point has now risen to 8.5K, so this is bad for lower level players who actually want to use him and raises the initial capital output required for the mission even though you can get a part back and still be "out" the same amount. Now the auction house isn't a perfect market and sellers underprice cards or people overpay relative to the market clearing price all the time, but in general that is what would happen.

Last edited by dkgo; 06-24-2019 at 03:28 PM.
dkgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 03:51 PM   #142
Germaniac
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkgo View Post
They wouldn't rise as much but would certainly rise, theoretically by the quick sell price.

Say there is a great reward for live yankees that high level players really want. A card like live Severino has no real value when locked into your team after being submitted, so he is essentially a 4.5K point pure cost. That means people are willing to lose 4.5K points on Severino in order to complete this mission. If they could get 4K back on a quick sell and are willing to lose that same 4.5K points, then his price point has now risen to 8.5K, so this is bad for lower level players who actually want to use him and raises the initial capital output required for the mission even though you can get a part back and still be "out" the same amount. Now the auction house isn't a perfect market and sellers underprice cards or people overpay relative to the market clearing price all the time, but in general that is what would happen.
Nah, that's not the way it works.

To complete your mission you have to overpay most of the cards. I earned a lot of PP's last week by selling 6 or 7 Gio Gonzalez cards for 3,000 PP's each because these cards were rare, and he's not worth nearly that much.
So in the end, depending on what your mission asks from you, you will have overpaid considerably to get a certain pack or a certain SE card ... selling the cards as quick sell would normally leave you with a loss, but you'd still have the SE card.

It's no problem for me, I'll use Grandal as my back-up catcher and will have a few scrubs on my inactive list ... but I won't dedicate my time (and PP's) for future missions ... just not interesting anymore, unfortunately, as I really really would have liked to complete several missions.

But just not under these conditions.
that might not be a satisfactory answer.

Happy Chandler, 1947
Germaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 04:05 PM   #143
acclaim99
Major Leagues

Youve said that like 4 times already, we get it, no missions for you lol.

the higher end ones are too much for me.. like the combining the 4 80's phillies... carlton was like 100k last time I checked. i won't be able to do those.. I did the easy ones for the free standard packs. and, did the complete the live series phillies, i did that because i already had bryce, jt, and hoskins... it was just a matter of buying up all the commons and stuff. there were only a couple of cards above 400 listed, then i way overpaid for the last card I needed because no one was listing victor arano, so i made a post on the auction thread, and paid 1500 for him. but i just wanted it done, and not have to refresh the store all day.

but yeah, the combining babe ruths and all that. it would be better to keep them unlocked, since you cant quick sell like i thought, and just go that way.

to each their own, ill do what i can with i end up with from packs, but i get your point.

acclaim99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 04:39 PM   #144
sharknut
All Star Reserve

Very frustrating when there is 1 card I need to finish a collection, it's not going up on the auction block and I own the damn card on my 2 other teams but I can't sell to myself.

sharknut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 05:12 PM   #145
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

That's fair. We don't expect everyone to try to complete every mission, and there's definitely a reason why you need to manually complete the mission and they don't submit automatically.

Like, for me, I wouldn't complete the Jays Live mission, because even if I found a Ken Giles card, having the flexibility to sell him is more important than the reward for the mission. However, I was more than happy to complete the Angels, Tigers, and Orioles missions, because none of those are cards that I plan to sell. Sure, it leaves me with a locked Justin Anderson that I don't care about, but essentially the ~1400 I paid for him is just the price to get the mission reward. And maybe it would come back to bite me if I suddenly had a change of heart and wanted to auction my Andrelton Simmons card, but so be it.

For other missions, if it's not worth the price, then I just won't do them. Maybe I'll keep an eye out for a couple players on the auction block, or maybe I'll get lucky with some in packs. And yeah, if I end up with a card that I don't need for my team that I get a lot more for auctioning him than I would get as a mission reward, then I'll just auction him.

That's my personal take. Everyone is free to use or not use any of the functions of the game as they see fit. If you want to collect just to collect, that's perfectly fine.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 07:51 PM   #146
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germaniac View Post
Nah, that's not the way it works.

To complete your mission you have to overpay most of the cards. I earned a lot of PP's last week by selling 6 or 7 Gio Gonzalez cards for 3,000 PP's each because these cards were rare, and he's not worth nearly that much.
So in the end, depending on what your mission asks from you, you will have overpaid considerably to get a certain pack or a certain SE card ... selling the cards as quick sell would normally leave you with a loss, but you'd still have the SE card.

It's no problem for me, I'll use Grandal as my back-up catcher and will have a few scrubs on my inactive list ... but I won't dedicate my time (and PP's) for future missions ... just not interesting anymore, unfortunately, as I really really would have liked to complete several missions.

But just not under these conditions.
I'm aware that a lot of the mission rewards are not worth the price of the cards it takes to get them. That's a very fair evaluation and I completely agree. It wasn't intended for everyone to do all of them but even so I think most are too steep.

At a macro level though you just don't seem to know what you are talking about with regards to what a card's "worth" means (it can change as the environment changes) and game design in general. I'd bet perfect team is your first sports ccg of this type.

Last edited by dkgo; 06-24-2019 at 07:54 PM.
dkgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 07:57 PM   #147
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
That's fair. We don't expect everyone to try to complete every mission, and there's definitely a reason why you need to manually complete the mission and they don't submit automatically.

Like, for me, I wouldn't complete the Jays Live mission, because even if I found a Ken Giles card, having the flexibility to sell him is more important than the reward for the mission. However, I was more than happy to complete the Angels, Tigers, and Orioles missions, because none of those are cards that I plan to sell. Sure, it leaves me with a locked Justin Anderson that I don't care about, but essentially the ~1400 I paid for him is just the price to get the mission reward. And maybe it would come back to bite me if I suddenly had a change of heart and wanted to auction my Andrelton Simmons card, but so be it.

For other missions, if it's not worth the price, then I just won't do them. Maybe I'll keep an eye out for a couple players on the auction block, or maybe I'll get lucky with some in packs. And yeah, if I end up with a card that I don't need for my team that I get a lot more for auctioning him than I would get as a mission reward, then I'll just auction him.

That's my personal take. Everyone is free to use or not use any of the functions of the game as they see fit. If you want to collect just to collect, that's perfectly fine.
I think that's a fair take. I don't mind the cards getting locked because, as you say, it's just something you factor into the decision as to whether the mission is worth it or not. If in PT 3.0 you guys decide to not lock cards or take a tax to unlock cards, I wouldn't mind that either.

I would be interested to know what you guys think about how the missions have impacted the AH/game economy here about 1 week into the missions...any thoughts on how the markets have developed in positive/negative/unexpected ways?

waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 10:18 PM   #148
sharknut
All Star Reserve

Is the mission board running super slow for anyone else?

sharknut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 12:27 AM   #149
LansdowneSt
Hall Of Famer

There is a chance the diversity of the tournaments will give some of those locked cards more life than one might appreciate at this point in time. Same with follow on collections. My only wish, as my collection grows, is that PT2.0 carried over to next year. A two year game vs starting over every year. Then they could focus on collection depth, tournaments would have a longer tail and those locked cards (and expensive cards) could feel more worthwhile. Free agency shuffles the live deck. Retired players are a set so go somewhere too. I fear I will unlock all the cards for the missions I want right about the time I’m supposed to start over in OOTP21 and it’s likely PT3.0 offering. When it is depth I seek - not starting over... and then over. So I get Germaniac’s frustration but it is just that the PP economy simply requires the lock to function imo.

Just my Facegen Pack: https://www.mediafire.com/file_premi..._Pack.zip/file
LansdowneSt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 08:50 AM   #150
LansdowneSt
Hall Of Famer

The mission board runs extremely slow for me. At times to the point of getting errors. The Sell Cards page is also slow for me and can we please get a “Dismiss and don’t show this message again” check box to the “Your card is now up for auction and been removed from your roster message”. I’m selling a ton of duplicates and this recurring pop up is a big part of my lag.

Just my Facegen Pack: https://www.mediafire.com/file_premi..._Pack.zip/file
LansdowneSt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 09:37 AM   #151
Chico Guilbault
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LansdowneSt View Post
The mission board runs extremely slow for me. At times to the point of getting errors. The Sell Cards page is also slow for me and can we please get a “Dismiss and don’t show this message again” check box to the “Your card is now up for auction and been removed from your roster message”. I’m selling a ton of duplicates and this recurring pop up is a big part of my lag.
God yes!!! I have to click ok seventeen times to get it to take sometimes! And if something else sells right then and I have simultaneous notifications...I can make a sandwich before it's ready for me to move on.

Chico Guilbault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 08:27 PM   #152
HFBL
Minors (Double A)

When do we get new missions? Old missions are getting....well....old.

Field of Dreams Baseball League (FDBL)
Hall of Fame Baseball League (HFBL)
Century Baseball League (CBL)

My teams:

My wife's teams:

HFBL is offline   Reply With Quote