Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 05-06-2019, 11:07 AM   #1
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Season 7 (2025) General Discussion

Good luck to everyone this week. I hope you are enjoying this game as much as I am.

I have finally reached Perfect Leagues after six weeks in the minors. I have nothing left to prove there after a 660-313 record, six division titles, and two championships. I want to see if my team is ready for prime time. I am expecting an adjustment period so I won't make any major changes this week, at least until the weekend when I have almost a full season of stats to evaluate.

I think the team is pretty good considering the modest investment, but I am sure that some areas of the team will need improvement in order to compete at this level. I will never have a rotation good enough to push perfect Schilling and perfect Clemens to the bullpen (as one team in my league does), so I am hoping that my strategic roster composition overcomes the talent deficit.

Last edited by Orcin; 05-06-2019 at 11:44 AM. Reason: I am OCD about spelling (and a lot of other things too)
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 11:18 AM   #2
moalkha
Minors (Triple A)

One of my teams (Great Lake) is in the same league as yours. It's the first year in perfect for them too.

With the number of perfect leagues increasing (15 now) the talent is more diluted and there is a chance to compete for the playoffs.

My other team Doha was in perfect when there were only 4 leagues and it was brutal.

Good luck for the season

moalkha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 12:06 PM   #3
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Location: Pack Robert Gibson; November 9, 1935 – October 2, 2020
Fighting Saints are in the same league as the lolcats so no title this week!

mcdog512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 12:28 PM   #4
pappyzan
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by moalkha View Post
One of my teams (Great Lake) is in the same league as yours. It's the first year in perfect for them too.
1st go at perfect league for my team as well, also in P402 with you folks. I'm hoping to maybe have a winning season, a good number of nice teams in 402.

Was in a league with Perugia earlier, that's a pretty nice team there. I think we met in the WS that year, no idea how you didn't win it.

Good to see some PT19 Orcin league dudes again, only ones I've been in a league with so far was Perugia and chazzycat's SmallBallers team (I love this team). Good luck this season Orcin and Moalkha. The squirrels have taken 2 of 3 from me already!

pappyzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 12:32 PM   #5
Warhawk
Major Leagues

So obviously this is the P411 & P402 thread.

Anyway, we're 2-2, the top 3 teams in our division are a combined 13-0.

Last edited by Warhawk; 05-06-2019 at 12:33 PM.
Warhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 12:52 PM   #6
Magus978
All Star Starter

Not the start I expected for my teams...expectations in italics.

New York Patriots (B257) 2-2 Relegation battlers
Brooklyn Dynasty (B235) 1-4 Promotion favorites
The Pit of Misery (I228) 5-0 Neverending mediocrity

http://twitch.tv/GanbaMagus

Magus978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 04:45 PM   #7
mrbucket
All Star Reserve

Just noticed this, I've been hoarding every card I pull from the packs and only selling off duplicates (the only exception has been the few live diamonds I've sold off because I couldn't find a spot for them in my 25-man roster) and I've been hoovering up any non-live cards I can buy on the auction house for quicksell prices. Only >2000 to go!
Attached Images
Old 05-06-2019, 06:34 PM   #8
chazzycat
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappyzan View Post

Good to see some PT19 Orcin league dudes again, only ones I've been in a league with so far was Perugia and chazzycat's SmallBallers team (I love this team).
Hey thanks for the shout out! For what it's worth your Senators are easily the best team I have come across in any league so far this year. I am not surprised in the slightest to see all those championships in your signature banner. Nice job.
chazzycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 06:39 PM   #9
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chazzycat View Post
Hey thanks for the shout out! For what it's worth your Senators are easily the best team I have come across in any league so far this year. I am not surprised in the slightest to see all those championships in your signature banner. Nice job.
I agree, plus I love the team name.
Old 05-06-2019, 08:40 PM   #10
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

The Frogs are in...well check the sig I guess? lol. Thanks to Markus and Co. for these rad new banners in our signatures.

After a "rebuilding" week last week where I didn't really tank, but also didn't really try to push the envelope (and had the team in various stages of undress), we'll see how the team does this week. I think the squad is about ready for the jump to Perfect level (won't win at that level, but we'll see). I'd feel even better about it with 1 more SP and 1 more RP that I really like. May the PP gods smile on me this week!

waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 09:52 PM   #11
old timer
Hall Of Famer

The Raccoons are off to their best start ever at 16-4, but there's a team in the other conference that is 18-3 and has the best roster I've seen yet (well, for diamond level and below teams). They've got a terrific defense to go along with very good pitching (guys like Keefe) and very good hitting (guys like Josh Gibson, perfect Wagner). If we make it to the WS again, I hope we get to play them.

Steve Carlton is off to a horrible start. He's got a 1.76 WHIP and 2.4 HR/9 in 4 games, but he's still 4-0 due to the fact that the Raccoons have scored 38 runs in his 4 appearances.
Old 05-06-2019, 10:56 PM   #12
pappyzan
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by chazzycat View Post
High movement SPs coupled with a good defense and a good bullpen has carried this team to a bunch of wins so far in the lower levels, will be interesting to see how that translates to perfect. So far this season, it ain't working.

Starters' ERA is nearly 6.0 after 23 games but the team has only given up 7 HRs. Tons of BBs and singles allowed, plus not scoring on offense is hurting the most.

A ton of postseason luck was the biggest contribution to winning those lower level titles and I'm cool with that. If placed into the right league in perfect, they may get lucky and win one there one of these days.

pappyzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 01:46 AM   #13
Warhawk
Major Leagues

At 19-7 I've gotten off to a much better start in perfect than I did in any of my 3 seasons in diamond. My starters have the third best ERA in the league. We're 5th in defensive efficiency (despite Al Rosen playing surprisingly poorly at third base for someone with such solid ratings; also wish I had a better center fielder than Conforto but his hitting against righties is too good for me to drop him for a guy like Lemon or Robles) and 5th in home runs. Only problem is that we're in a division with the best team in the league at 21-5 with the best starters' ERA in the league - his starters are perfect Pedro, perfect Cy, perfect Clemens, 98 Hoyt, and 98 Halladay. 3 of them have an ERA under 2.
Warhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 02:01 AM   #14
Magus978
All Star Starter

The state of play after day 1 for me is as follows...

New York Patriots (B257): 12-14 (Hoping to suck just a little more and get relegated)
Brooklyn Dynasty (B235): 17-10 (Overcame an 0-4 start and are aiming higher)
The Pit of Misery (I228): 19-8 (Held together by Jacob deGrom and duct tape, although with all the pitchers now tired, the duct tape might be falling off)

http://twitch.tv/GanbaMagus

Magus978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 02:39 AM   #15
Izz
Hall Of Famer

B'sin'Glou are 15-12 in G308. 6th in runs scored despite having the 12th BA,11th OBP and 13th OPS.

Pulled some nice cards from my packs at the end of last season. 97OVR Jose Ramirez (though the card image doesn't seem to have updated and still shows him as a 98), who'll slot into 2B seeing as his defense there is actually better than my previous 2B. 82OVR Tommy Holmes, who's a gun against RHP. He's only struck out twice in 86PA so far, which puts him on course for 12 strikeouts for the season! Also pulled 93OVR Blake Treinen, who's now my closer. 89OVR Dennis Eckersley, pulled towards the end of last season, has been lights out so far in 2025, yet to allow a run in 11 innings across 10 games. His WHIP is 0.55.

Didn't pull any decent starting pitchers, which kinda stinks, seeing as I quicksold Tyler Glasnow (who reached Gold last season) and Zack Wheeler (who returned to Gold last season) to get me a couple more packs. Weak rotation, strong bullpen, at this point.

A brief history of the Australia-New Zealand Baseball League (AUNZBL 2019-2119)--A Dynasty Report
The National Penterham Four-Bases Association--A Dynasty Report
Izz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 03:08 AM   #16
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

In the strange little 28-team league that is Diamond .353, the Frogs have hopped out of the gate into 1st place (in my little 4-team division lol). The Frogs are 16-11 so far and it feels like they haven't really hit their stride just yet.

Rock Raines has started out fast after a sluggish week last week. Raines is slashing .307/.415/.485 and leads the conference with 24 RBI. He's had plenty of chances from the 3-hole with silver Ichiro (.372/.413/.416) and Eddie Stanky (.309/.422/.433) "clogging up" the bases in front of him. It's probably costing Raines some SBs, but ah well. Ichiro is on pace for 252 hits and Stanky is on pace for 114 BBs.

There aren't really any whales in this league and there's a surprising lack of perfect cards altogether--I count 10 perfect cards in the entire league. I'd be pretty surprised if the Frogs were to fall short of the playoffs for a 2nd week in a row, but having success once in the dance is the harder part.

waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 04:16 AM   #17
mrbucket
All Star Reserve

My first month of Perfect League wasn't too bad, 15-11 -- largely thanks to some beastly efforts from Greg Maddux. One team's (in the other conference thankfully) has gone 25-1 though!

Somehow, this team has never won a championship (despite every season being a 100-win season)
Old 05-07-2019, 08:42 AM   #18
Kushiel
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
Good luck to everyone this week. I hope you are enjoying this game as much as I am.

I think the team is pretty good considering the modest investment, but I am sure that some areas of the team will need improvement in order to compete at this level. I will never have a rotation good enough to push perfect Schilling and perfect Clemens to the bullpen (as one team in my league does), so I am hoping that my strategic roster composition overcomes the talent deficit.
I am having a great time.

I think you will "manage" to compete just fine, Orcin. This is my 3rd week in PL with a couple hundred buck roster and like you, my roster will never match pitching with many of these teams in PT 20. But so far we are keeping our head above water with luck, combined with smoke and mirrors. So, good luck! I am sure we will have some tough weeks but we just might shock somebody at the right time too.

Kushiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 09:14 AM   #19
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushiel View Post
I think you will "manage" to compete just fine, Orcin. This is my 3rd week in PL with a couple hundred buck roster and like you, my roster will never match pitching with many of these teams in PT 20. But so far we are keeping our head above water with luck, combined with smoke and mirrors. So, good luck! I am sure we will have some tough weeks but we just might shock somebody at the right time too.

The first day went pretty well at 20-8. I got one of the easier divisions so that has helped, and Pete Rose hitting .360 has been a plus.
Old 05-07-2019, 01:03 PM   #20
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

Rebels (silver) are currently at 19-12 and leading their division. They have fairly decent stats throughout… except for pitchers' strikeouts. We are rock bottom in that category. That is apparently what happens to a control-oriented rotation (that is not even very successful…): Happ and Wheeler, and historical Jarrod Parker, Jimmy Key, and Livan Hernandez. Parker would be the worst. 2.7 K/9.

I have had Zack Wheeler on every one of my PT teams, and he has always stunk.

Oh, to be a Mets fan.

Raccoons? Also first in diamond, 19-14, but still can't score a lick. Juan Soto batting .203, Pete Alonso .190, … I mean, you expect Rey Ordonez to bat .204 in diamond… but … eh... like glue! Like the real Raccoons, I guess. Pitching's usually fine. Big Walt? 1.18 ERA. Walt'll be FINE.

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Westheim is offline   Reply With Quote