Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 Online Leagues

OOTP 19 Online Leagues Want to create or join an OOTP 19 online league? This is the right forum for you.

Old 05-02-2019, 03:51 PM   #1
brunnerj
Bat Boy

Help the Minnesota Twins win a World Series!

Hi! I am looking for someone to take over my team, the Minnesota Twins, in the Orange and Blue Baseball League. We have been in existence since 2015, with 7-day sims occurring every Sunday, Wednesday, and Friday, meaning it takes about 3-4 real-life months to complete 1 in-game year. The 2025 season just wrapped up, with the Twins unfortunately (but deservedly) losing in the World Series to the Cincinnati Reds. I've been the Twins GM since 2016, and in my eight seasons we've gone to the postseason eight times, so this is a franchise with good players and in good health that is simply looking for a new caretaker. Still, this is a challenging job -- the league tends to be top-heavy and five teams had over 100 wins and better records than the Twins (92 regular season wins) did last season.

You can check out the Twins roster and other details on our Statsplus, here:
https://statsplus.net/oblootp/team/47

And here's my lowdown. The team last season was headlined by four sluggers:
* RF Luis Feliz (28 y.o.) was a mega-money IFA last offseason, then had 7.7 WAR (149 OPS+, +7.3 ZR).
* 3B Jarid Joseph (29) is the longest-tenured Twin, and put up 7.6 WAR (.311 / .382 / .567 slash).
* DH Johnny Brown (26) had 6.6 WAR on a 1.004 OPS and 47 HR in his first full season.
* C Jonathan Salazar (25) had 4.0 WAR and 35 HR, also in his first full season.

The pitching staff was only average. But that's not a huge concern for the future, as we have two of the top pitching prospects in the game: Lineu Murraas (21) and Jorge Sciama (20). Murraas had 1.5 WAR in 6 starts as a September call-up last season, while Sciama is tearing through the minor leagues and should be a major piece by the end of the 2026 season. Another prospect, Juan Monreal (23), should also be a big contributor once called up in 2026. Rounding out the staff is a veteran, Jose Fernandez, who has been one of the best pitchers in the league but couldn't stay on the field last season. If all four are healthy come 2026 playoffs, it should be quite the rotation.

Since the Statsplus page only has OSA scouting, I put together an album of my scout's ratings for these players (plus 2B Antonio Gomez, who was called up halfway through the last season). Obviously I wouldn't share my scout's ratings publicly in a normal situation, but since these are players you should absolutely not be trading away within your first two seasons (barring major injury or decline) and I'm advertising the team, I think it's helpful. Here:
https://imgur.com/a/WZM0ILf

The Twins are fine financially speaking. There are a few massive contracts on the books, but the team makes a lot each year in revenue and can afford a $150-180M payroll without any trouble. I currently have $54M allotted towards scouting and development ($60M is the league max), and with current payroll am still expected to break even on the season. We also have $30M in cash on hand and playoff revenue is not accounted for in the budget, so the team is definitely able to spend this offseason. If Feliz opts out in 2027 (seems like a decent chance) then the team will again be in a position to spend big.

The league communicates via a hugely active Slack and our subreddit https://reddit.com/r/orangeandblueleague.

PM me for more info! Hoping to find someone as passionate as I have been in previous seasons.
brunnerj is offline   Reply With Quote