Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 03-30-2019, 12:22 PM   #21
dishnet34
All Star Starter

I'm loving the support this has gotten so far!

Here's who I've gotten in my DishTwitch account so far. Let me know what your PT username is if I haven't added y'all yet!
Attached Images

"Find a way to be alone in a baseball stadium at sunrise, when the only sound you hear are about nine birds that got lost, and found themselves in a stadium, and they’re chirping across the grandstand trying to figure out where the f*** they ended up." -Dan Besbris

dishnet34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 05:24 PM   #22
jeffstified
Minors (Double A)

I like the stadium-should-be-a-current/previous-franchise-stadium idea. I'd vote to make it a requirement.
jeffstified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 05:29 PM   #23
daveh2018
Minors (Double A)

What level are we starting this bad boy in? Iron would be great if everyone is still in Entry Pool. If not, I have a bronze squad I can convert (and they may get relegated this week).

Last edited by daveh2018; 03-30-2019 at 05:30 PM.
daveh2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 05:30 PM   #24
daveh2018
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffstified View Post
I like the stadium-should-be-a-current/previous-franchise-stadium idea. I'd vote to make it a requirement.
I like this idea
daveh2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 05:37 PM   #25
dishnet34
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveh2018 View Post
What level are we starting this bad boy in? Iron would be great if everyone is still in Entry Pool. If not, I have a bronze squad I can convert (and they may get relegated this week).
TBH, I'm not really expecting this thing to get fully up-and-running until mid-to-late April at the earliest, which I think would give people time to get PP and build up their teams and stuff. Plus, we still have some spots open.

I know some of us already have the teams we'll be using in different levels, so it's definitely something I really should've thought out a little more, lol. I think we'll be able to make it work, though.

"Find a way to be alone in a baseball stadium at sunrise, when the only sound you hear are about nine birds that got lost, and found themselves in a stadium, and they’re chirping across the grandstand trying to figure out where the f*** they ended up." -Dan Besbris

Old 03-30-2019, 05:56 PM   #26
dishnet34
All Star Starter

I feel like now would be a good time to discuss what teams would need the rule that "the player card has to match the franchise they're doing" waived.

Here's who I think should have that rule waived. Thoughts?

-Marlins
-Rays
-Rockies
-Diamondbacks

Old 04-01-2019, 10:45 AM   #27
nickwatic
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randro View Post
i also think we should set the stadiums to the OOTP park factors for either a classic team stadium or their current one for whatever franchise you have
I already have my factors as the new yankee stadium. If not, at least the 3D model is correct
nickwatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 04:01 PM   #28
Arinelle
Bat Boy

I'm joining in as the White Sox. All of my team currently is the 2019 Live cards. This is going to be silly.

PT 21:

PT 20:

Last edited by Arinelle; 04-01-2019 at 04:01 PM. Reason: I accidentally a word.
Arinelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 07:28 PM   #29
Fester80
Bat Boy

I would take the Mariners
Fester80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 07:30 PM   #30
dishnet34
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fester80 View Post
I would take the Mariners
That's awesome! Let me know what your PT username is for the team, and I'll add you to my friends list! (My team's username is DishTwitch.)

Old 04-01-2019, 10:18 PM   #31
Fester80
Bat Boy

Sully77
Fester80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 03:01 PM   #32
dishnet34
All Star Starter

Here's an update to who has joined the league. I still don't have a username for the Twins team, and the Braves team is waiting for another week before the Origin release. But, for those of you in the league, here's the updated Friends List:
Attached Images

Old 04-02-2019, 11:21 PM   #33
Treydmarq
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I'd be in.

I've been slowly adding Astros to me team as it is (lucked out and pulled Cole, bought Correa + Verlander for under market).

Once I have a full Astros 25 I'd love to be in an all MLB team league.

My name is the same as here, so I can be added whenever.

Last edited by Treydmarq; 04-02-2019 at 11:22 PM.
Treydmarq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 12:01 AM   #34
dishnet34
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treydmarq View Post
I'd be in.

I've been slowly adding Astros to me team as it is (lucked out and pulled Cole, bought Correa + Verlander for under market).

Once I have a full Astros 25 I'd love to be in an all MLB team league.

My name is the same as here, so I can be added whenever.
Unfortunately, our Astros slot got filled this afternoon. Would you like to take up another team, perhaps?

Old 04-03-2019, 12:46 AM   #35
Treydmarq
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dishnet34 View Post
Unfortunately, our Astros slot got filled this afternoon. Would you like to take up another team, perhaps?
If I chose a different team I'd have to shelve almost my entire roster

If he drops out OR if you decide to have more than one of the same team, let me know
Treydmarq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 06:20 PM   #36
jeffstified
Minors (Double A)

Anyone else concerned about competitive balance? Not only for the teams with few cards, but at the other end, too. New York has 189 cards, 141 Silver or better. Boston has 9 perfects. In contrast, Baltimore has plenty of cards (102), but only 48 Silver+. (These numbers are from the card list provided before release, so may not be totally accurate now.)

Should we have a cap of some sort? Have other leagues figured out a good system? A cap might also help balance free to play players with those spending money.
jeffstified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 06:49 PM   #37
sethisthegoat
Minors (Double A)

I've put together an all-Indians team. I'm just in my 1st season in the Iron League. It's a F2P team. I'd be down for an MLB league.

My team is under the user name sethisthegoat2

Cleveland Legends, F2P Cleveland-only dynasty

Ohio Silver Wolves, P2P
sethisthegoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 07:06 PM   #38
HiDesertAce
Major Leagues

4-10 to start season at diamond level after switching team to all doyers.

i am ready for this league to start.
Attached Images
Image Image 
HiDesertAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 07:22 PM   #39
giventofly
Bat Boy

Quote:
Anyone else concerned about competitive balance? Not only for the teams with few cards, but at the other end, too. New York has 189 cards, 141 Silver or better. Boston has 9 perfects. In contrast, Baltimore has plenty of cards (102), but only 48 Silver+. (These numbers are from the card list provided before release, so may not be totally accurate now.)

Should we have a cap of some sort? Have other leagues figured out a good system? A cap might also help balance free to play players with those spending money.
We need something in place I agree. I would rather not rush this and get it right because if people are gonna not be able to compete turnover on teams will be high imo
giventofly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 07:51 PM   #40
dishnet34
All Star Starter

Quote:

Now that you mention it, I feel like we should put a cap in place for competitive balance. Something like no more than X perfects and no more than Y diamonds, something like that. I know that there was a "mini-whale" league in 19 that had roster caps in place, but mostly went on the honor system in terms of enforcement.

My first thought is no more than 2 perfects and no more than 4 or 5 diamonds. Golds, silvers, etc. are still fair game. What do you think about that?