Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 06-07-2019, 01:23 PM   #2061
Findest2001
All Star Reserve

Any chance I could get on some people's friend list, and possibly vice versa. I would like to be in league with people I can chat with, and I've been in the same league with 7-ish OL teams for 2 seasons now and enjoy it, but my team doesn't fit the requirements.

I want a friend's list so I can set my team to play with friends, but I don't have any playing this game.

TLDR: Would anyone mind adding me and letting me add them?
Thank you
Old 06-07-2019, 02:06 PM   #2062
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Findest2001 View Post
Any chance I could get on some people's friend list, and possibly vice versa. I would like to be in league with people I can chat with, and I've been in the same league with 7-ish OL teams for 2 seasons now and enjoy it, but my team doesn't fit the requirements.

I want a friend's list so I can set my team to play with friends, but I don't have any playing this game.

TLDR: Would anyone mind adding me and letting me add them?
Thank you
Have you always been f2p with no future legend or live cards?

OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 02:07 PM   #2063
Jeff1787
Hall Of Famer

My Shasta Black Bears (S294) have been disappointing. The theme is players from 1950 to 1969. I am going to stick to that theme, but i'm changing my strategy to power/eye.

So Willie Mays, Hank Aaron and Roberto Clemente are on the trading block.

I picked up Bob Allison (RF), Gil Hodges (1B) and Jimmy Wynn (LF).

I'm also going to change up my ballpark factors after this season. I hope this new strategy will help!!
Jeff1787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 02:27 PM   #2064
Charlatan
All Star Starter

Wow, those are some big changes.
Charlatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 02:37 PM   #2065
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff1787 View Post
My Shasta Black Bears (S294) have been disappointing. The theme is players from 1950 to 1969. I am going to stick to that theme, but i'm changing my strategy to power/eye.

So Willie Mays, Hank Aaron and Roberto Clemente are on the trading block.

I picked up Bob Allison (RF), Gil Hodges (1B) and Jimmy Wynn (LF).

I'm also going to change up my ballpark factors after this season. I hope this new strategy will help!!
Black Bears and Puppies tied up at 1.

Old 06-07-2019, 03:01 PM   #2066
Magus978
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGPuppies View Post
Frank Thomas absolutely kills lefties. Valdez is good enough at the silver level. Maybe your defense isn’t suppporting him?
Defense is too good not to be supporting him and the rest of my pitchers. We have a good defensive efficiency. Fact of the matter is that we just suck.

http://twitch.tv/GanbaMagus

Magus978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 03:02 PM   #2067
Diezwraths
Minors (Single A)

Good tip, I'm still figuring out Perfect Team. This is my first real attempt, had OOTP19 but never looked into it.

My team is doing better than anticipated this year (due to the pitching I suppose), and I know I am not ready for a promotion.

Quote:
I like the work on my hitting before my pitching. That way my starting pitching doesn’t carry me to a level that my team isn’t ready for.

F2P Packs
Diezwraths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 03:24 PM   #2068
Findest2001
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Have you always been f2p with no future legend or live cards?
No, and...no.

Mostly no live or future legend, but still have some (I buy and sell for profit, but few are on my roster).

I did spend money on my teams, but I honestly don't remember which ones. Possibly all of them.
Old 06-07-2019, 03:41 PM   #2069
Charlatan
All Star Starter

Quote:
No, and...no.

Mostly no live or future legend, but still have some (I buy and sell for profit, but few are on my roster).

I did spend money on my teams, but I honestly don't remember which ones. Possibly all of them.
You can certainly buy and sell cards, it's just that you can't have purchased PP if you want to be in OL. You can check this by looking at your Transaction History - I'm pretty sure it tracks from the beginning of your team. A purchase of points will show up there.
Old 06-07-2019, 04:35 PM   #2070
Findest2001
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlatan View Post
You can certainly buy and sell cards, it's just that you can't have purchased PP if you want to be in OL. You can check this by looking at your Transaction History - I'm pretty sure it tracks from the beginning of your team. A purchase of points will show up there.

I spent money on all of them. I didn't ask to be in the league, though. I'm just looking for people to be on my friend's list. It's been cool being in the same league for 2 straight seasons with people I can chat with, encourage, and fraternize with. It makes staying put not nearly feel so bad. It takes the sting out of not being promoted. :
Old 06-07-2019, 04:57 PM   #2071
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

RIP Mac Rebennack

Name:  DrJohnPatch.png
Views: 144
Size:  61.6 KBDr. John left us. Terra Incognita, Asylum, and Port Ruppert uniforms will don a memorial patch for the rest of the season.
Stanley Kuppchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 05:05 PM   #2072
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Location: Pack Robert Gibson; November 9, 1935 – October 2, 2020
Quote:
I spent money on all of them. I didn't ask to be in the league, though. I'm just looking for people to be on my friend's list. It's been cool being in the same league for 2 straight seasons with people I can chat with, encourage, and fraternize with. It makes staying put not nearly feel so bad. It takes the sting out of not being promoted. :
If I ever spin up a second license I’ll ping you and we can add as friends. OOTP 20 might go on sale over the summer and I’ll likely pick up a copy and do three free teams.

mcdog512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 05:27 PM   #2073
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanley Kuppchaser View Post
Attachment 630196Dr. John left us. Terra Incognita, Asylum, and Port Ruppert uniforms will don a memorial patch for the rest of the season.
Wow. He was the inspiration for Dr. Teeth. Interesting.

Old 06-07-2019, 06:45 PM   #2074
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Sorry, but our friends lists are maxed out with Our League teams. In fact, we have enough that teams that people can only fit, for the most part, OL teams within a level above and a level down to cover any promotion/relegation. We all have to leave off teams that are further away already. You're certainly welcome to join in our chat anytime. Perhaps when OOTP goes on its summer sale, you can grab license on the cheap and join in then. It seems like you'd be a good fit. Later, maybe.
Old 06-07-2019, 06:46 PM   #2075
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Wow. He was the inspiration for Dr. Teeth. Interesting.

I guess I'm showing my age, but who/what is Dr Teeth?
Old 06-07-2019, 06:49 PM   #2076
Edster007
All Star Starter

I am working all weekend I will have limited access to PT. I was hoping to start friending Iron and Bronze to get my second team on board for Monday. Is it too soon to start doing so tomorrow morning before I'm out or should I just wait a week?
Edster007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 08:05 PM   #2077
Charlatan
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edster007 View Post
I am working all weekend I will have limited access to PT. I was hoping to start friending Iron and Bronze to get my second team on board for Monday. Is it too soon to start doing so tomorrow morning before I'm out or should I just wait a week?
It is definitely not too soon to start friending people. Please be sure to friend Jatha0099/Chi-Town too, since he didn't make it in for the current season.

Last edited by Charlatan; 06-07-2019 at 08:14 PM.
Old 06-07-2019, 08:18 PM   #2078
Charlatan
All Star Starter

People in Iron Leagues - please add the following new managers/teams to your friend lists before next season. Note that this means you will probably have to delete some teams that are in silver because the friend list is not large enough.

If your team is in Bronze or higher, you probably don't need to add these teams, as they'll all be in iron next year. But our friend lists are going to get complicated going forward.

Manager / Team
Jatha0099 / Chi-Town
BillyMartin / Texas Strangers
lgm1986 / New York Mets (that's a lower-case L for the manager name)
Retro80s / All 80's Team

OMGPuppies, I know you have a team in the Entry Pool but I couldn't guess your manager name. Please provide.

If my calculations are correct, with OMGPuppies' new team, we should have half of the Iron league filled with OL teams next year!

Last edited by Charlatan; 06-07-2019 at 08:26 PM.
Old 06-07-2019, 08:26 PM   #2079
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Location: Pack Robert Gibson; November 9, 1935 – October 2, 2020
Gutter Cats are doing better in Gold than I thought they would.69-55.

mcdog512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 08:32 PM   #2080
Magus978
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlatan View Post
People in Iron Leagues - please add the following new managers/teams to your friend lists before next season. Note that this means you will probably have to delete some teams that are in silver because the friend list is not large enough.

If your team is in Bronze or higher, you probably don't need to add these teams, as they'll all be in iron next year. But our friend lists are going to get complicated going forward.

Manager / Team
Jatha0099 / Chi-Town
BillyMartin / Texas Strangers
lgm1986 / New York Mets (that's a lower-case L for the manager name)
Retro80s / All 80's Team

OMGPuppies, I know you have a team in the Entry Pool but I couldn't guess your manager name. Please provide.

If my calculations are correct, with OMGPuppies' new team, we should have half of the Iron league filled with OL teams next year!
I feel like some of the entry pool teams are going to be pretty damn good from the off, so the rest of the Iron Our Leaguers are going to have their work cut out for them!

http://twitch.tv/GanbaMagus

Magus978 is offline   Reply With Quote