Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - 3D Models

Old 01-24-2018, 06:08 PM   #1
adion
All Star Starter

Silvam's Historical and Fictional 3D Parks up date

For those of you who use Silvam's great parks with my backgrounds, I have learned how to make the backgrounds show up in a night time lighting. As you no doubt have noticed that when you play an night or evening game the sky changed by not the background. It still looked like it was in daylight. I had some questions in the past if I could fix that and I said no. That was because I did know how. With help of OOTP have worked it out. Here is an example. I plan to up date all Silvam's historical and fictional parks like this (unless Mr. Silva wants to!) and make them available with same version number, v1.4, so you can just overwrite the old version instead of having to link to new versions. If anyone has a better idea, let me know. It will take me a while to get them done as there is over 100. Once I get them all done, I will up-load them and post the link here. PS: It is my understanding the Silvam's parks will work in OOTP19.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
adion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 08:42 AM   #2
silvam14
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by adion View Post
For those of you who use Silvam's great parks with my backgrounds, I have learned how to make the backgrounds show up in a night time lighting. As you no doubt have noticed that when you play an night or evening game the sky changed by not the background. It still looked like it was in daylight. I had some questions in the past if I could fix that and I said no. That was because I did know how. With help of OOTP have worked it out. Here is an example. I plan to up date all Silvam's historical and fictional parks like this (unless Mr. Silva wants to!) and make them available with same version number, v1.4, so you can just overwrite the old version instead of having to link to new versions. If anyone has a better idea, let me know. It will take me a while to get them done as there is over 100. Once I get them all done, I will up-load them and post the link here. PS: It is my understanding the Silvam's parks will work in OOTP19.
Wow, what a difference! Great job!
Old 01-25-2018, 10:40 AM   #3
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

The clouds (pic 1) seem too close to the horizon. Probably nothing can be done about it. Otherwise, yes, these look better than ever!
pstrickert is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 11:09 AM   #4
adion
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pstrickert View Post
The clouds (pic 1) seem too close to the horizon. Probably nothing can be done about it. Otherwise, yes, these look better than ever!
Those clouds are pictures I got off the web. There is no horizons with them. Even If I found some with horizons or sort depth perception picture(s) I am not sure if they would work any better. I will look into that after I finish the updates. Thanks for your comments on the updates. It is very time consuming!
Old 01-25-2018, 02:16 PM   #5
Jerry Helper
Major Leagues

This is a godsend. You guys are the absolute best!!!
Jerry Helper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 06:44 PM   #6
adion
All Star Starter

Quote:
How about this. I agree that when you have a flat background, i.e. no mountains, trees, high sky line, etc. it looked kind of weird. So of like I was a member of the flat earth society.
Attached Images
Old 01-26-2018, 07:48 PM   #7
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

Really nice, adion.
Old 01-26-2018, 10:22 PM   #8
adion
All Star Starter

Quote:
Really nice, adion.
Thanks. Once I get the parks uploaded, I will also upload some of the other day skies so people can make their own choice.
Old 02-04-2018, 03:23 PM   #9
adion
All Star Starter

I just added Camden Yards 1992-2011 to the download list.

http://www.mediafire.com/folder/akd2ejkdtk4dx/Historic
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 02-04-2018, 03:52 PM   #10
silvam14
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by adion View Post
I just added Camden Yards 1992-2011 to the download list.

that looks like an old one I did when I was just converting parks from online. Looks good though
Old 02-04-2018, 04:28 PM   #11
adion
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvam14 View Post
that looks like an old one I did when I was just converting parks from online. Looks good though
I think the scale is slightly off but I don't want to mess with it as it screws up other stuff.
Old 02-04-2018, 06:26 PM   #12
adion
All Star Starter

Baker Bowl 1895-1909

I just added Baker Bowl 1895-1909 to the downloads. I don't know where it went on my system but, luckily, pstrickert, had one. So here it is.

Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 02-04-2018, 06:29 PM   #13
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

I knew you wouldn't make us wait. Thanks, Alan!
Old 02-06-2018, 07:16 PM   #14
robedits
Minors (Triple A)

I just clicked on the (above) link, and noticed in the "Historic shared by OOTP stadiums" folder DOZENS of stadiums with new modified dates (2/4 through 2/6/18). Questions (for Pstrickert, if you'd be kind enough to reply):
-Are these different from the historical stadiums I've already d-loaded from when you placed them in the OOTP/Steam workshop early last fall?
-If NOT, do I need to d-load these stadiums again?
-If the dozens of newly-dated stadiums ARE different, would it be possible to upload them to the OOTP workshop area so the game automatically updates them for me when I log onto Steam?
...and for either adion or silvam: thanks as always for your invaluable contributions. ARE these different stadiums from the ones you guys worked on that I had updated in the fall? How are they different?
Thanks folks. Much appreciated.
robedits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 07:29 PM   #15
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

adion has made some updates to all the parks (nearly 200). Since we're within shouting distance of OOTP19, I'll wait to add them to the big mod. I'll let adion describe the changes he made.
Old 02-06-2018, 07:49 PM   #16
robedits
Minors (Triple A)

Thanks you. Yes I'll be jumping on that OOTP19 bandwagon the second it comes out on Steam :-)
Mucho appreciation for your 'workshop" work in advance!
ROb
robedits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 09:24 PM   #17
adion
All Star Starter

Quote:
adion has made some updates to all the parks (nearly 200). Since we're within shouting distance of OOTP19, I'll wait to add them to the big mod. I'll let adion describe the changes he made.
Most changes are were made to include night time backgrounds. My original background were all shown as daylight even at night or evening. I just recently found out how to make them look like night background when applicable. I have a few updates to those I recently uploaded. I will announce them when they are ready.
Old 02-07-2018, 02:11 PM   #18
NolePaul
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Wanting to learn to do the 3d models

Are there tutorials, youtube vids, etc showing how to create and edit the stadiums?

Working on a project that Ive been working on off and on which mixes Sci Fi and Baseball. Still working on the Solar Baseball League and would like to create some fictional stadiums for them.

Has anyone created any futuristic stadiums?
NolePaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 02:45 PM   #19
adion
All Star Starter

Silvam's Historical and Fictional 3D Parks up date 2-Wrigley & Tigers

I have updated Wrigley 22-27, 28-37 & 38 because I wasn't happy with the background. I found a better program for removing the buildings and it doesn't leave smudges or smoke looking stuff.

I re-did all the tiger parks in order for them better match the eras. I used 2 different sources to do this but neither matched the other so it was not completely clear to me how they should be. Based with parks I had to work with, I came up following. If there is Tiger fan out there who thinks they should be different, let me know.

Navin Field 12-25, 26-33 & 23
Briggs Field 35, 36-37 & 38-47
Tiger Stadium 48-79

Here is the link. These parks will have the most recent dates.

Old 02-07-2018, 02:46 PM   #20
drksd4848
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NolePaul View Post

Has anyone created any futuristic stadiums?
Futuristic stadiums: Generic Corporate name. Multiple large rotating advertisement boards behind the backstop. Ads plastered on every square inch of the ballpark where there is a camera angle.

Be sure to add a 3D model of a line for the Shake Shack stand, as well as people in the crowd taking selfies, eating sushi and drinking wine. I wouldn't even include a field of play. But don't forget to include a giant net around the perimeter of the stands because the people don't pay attention.

Last edited by drksd4848; 02-07-2018 at 02:53 PM.
drksd4848 is offline   Reply With Quote