Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 4 > FHM 4 - Dynasty Reports
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

FHM 4 - Dynasty Reports Talk about your FHM dynasties here!

Old 12-21-2017, 11:01 AM   #121
George_Bell
All Star Starter

1936 Offseason News and Notes

Syl Apps has won the Hart Trophy. Breaking the 60 point barrier at such a young age, winning his third Stanley Cup in his third season. Apps is definitely the new hot shot star of the NHL. He’s the rightful league MVP, and he’s still getting better. Here are the award winners for the 1936 season.

The NHL has decided to award the Calder trophy. The Calder will be presented to the Rookie of the year each season. It’s the 4th annual award the NHL will give out. It will be first awarded after the 1936-37 season.

Bun Cook of the New York Rangers shocked hockey fans calling it quits.

The 32 year old spent 10 years with the Rangers scoring 176 goals, and 408 points. That’s good for 5th all time in goals scored and 6th in points. This last season was Cook’s worst in 9 years, but 29 points isn’t terrible. He played 46 playoff games, registering 41 points. The Rangers will retire his number 29.

I'm not waiting for the game to induct guys in the hall of fame. I don’t see how to do it in game, but I don’t care. These 2 guys have been retired long enough, and both are easily deserving of the honour. If the game won’t do it right, I will. Joe Malone and Frank Nighbor have been inducted into the NHL Hall of Fame.

The 1936 draft is the best draft in years. Talent all over the place is available. The top 3 picks, Sid Abel, Elmer Lach and Milt Schmidt have superstar potential. Hal Jackson, Frank McCool, Joe Carveth also look like they will have a impact on the league.

The Bruins make the only change in the league, taking their crest off the front of their jersey, replaced by the players number.

Frank Brimsek has finally rejoined the NHL. After taking the whole 3-36 season off, Brimsek has signed with the New York Americans, giving them a 1-2 punch of Brimsek and Durnan. Brimsek really got good over his time off. He looks like a legit star at age 20.

Frank Brimsek
George_Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 10:53 AM   #122
Nickphillies
All Star Reserve

This is an awesome dynasty report George_Bell!
Old 12-22-2017, 04:22 PM   #123
George_Bell
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickphillies View Post
This is an awesome dynasty report George_Bell!
Thank you, I'm enjoying it. There are some issues with the game, but overall, it's good enough to play and enjoy!
Old 12-22-2017, 05:30 PM   #124
skyballer455
All Star Reserve

So nice to see you doing this George! I was wondering if you could share the jerseys you made for the pre-1931 teams. While the default jerseys look decent, they just don't do it for me.
skyballer455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 09:27 AM   #125
George_Bell
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyballer455 View Post
So nice to see you doing this George! I was wondering if you could share the jerseys you made for the pre-1931 teams. While the default jerseys look decent, they just don't do it for me.
Sure, they aren't very good, but here is what ive made.

https://ufile.io/l22q0

Last edited by George_Bell; 12-23-2017 at 09:48 AM.
Old 12-23-2017, 10:16 AM   #126
George_Bell
All Star Starter

1936-37 NHL Regular Season

Syl Apps is still the best player in hockey. No explanation needed.

The Detroit Red Wings have really developed into a power house. Sure, they won 3 cups in a row, so it’s not like I am breaking any news here, but 2 months into this season, they are 16-1-1. That’s ridiculous.

We all know about Syl Apps, but 26 year old Ott Heller has become one of the best D in the league. Bill Cowley, Gordie Drillon and Bobby Bauer make up a nucleas that hasn’t reached 25 yet. Frank Boucher and King Clancy are the vets still producing. I’m just so impressed with how this team is put together. Noone else in the league is even close to them.

We might be getting to the end of Aurel Joliat’s great career. The 35 year old has fallen to a 1.5/1.5 player. His speed and strength are falling, and while he’s still producing, 10 goals in 31 games, he’s not the same player he once was. He’s producing a career worst average game score of 62, and his Americans are 5 games under .500. Whenever he does call it quits, we will get a ticket to the Hall of Fame.

Joliat

Joe Primeau has also seen a very sharp decline in skill. His physical ratings aren’t even close to elite like they once were. Joe is only 31, but last year, he finished a -24 and this year, he has just 13 points in 32 games. That’s a huge drop off from just 2 seasons ago. A new era of stars is basically upon us.

After 7 straight seasons backing up Roy Worters, John Ross Roach has earned the Leafs starting goalie job back. 19won the 27 Vezina, then followed that up with a .940 save percentage the next year. The Leafs acquired Worters, and Roach has been a backup ever since. At 36, Roach is starting now. His 2.22 GAA and .921 are both among the league leaders! A very nice comeback for John Ross Roach!

JRR

Here are the final standings

This is now a top heavy league. The two division winners won so much, the rest of the league all finished under .500.

Howie Morenz isn’t slowing down at all. His 58 points leads the league.

Joe Primeau did have his worst season to date, with 24 points in 47 games. Aurel Joliat finished the year with 41 points. He may be slowing down physically, but he's getting results!
Old 12-23-2017, 10:22 AM   #127
George_Bell
All Star Starter

1937 Playoffs

1st Round

The Leafs handle Chicago fairly easily. It’s been a long time since Toronto won a playoff series. I would be pretty great if I could easily review playoff history in game, but I don’t see a spot to do that or you can’t. Right now, I have to check my records to see. According to those records, in 1930, Toronto beat Pittsburgh in the opening round. So it has been a while.

Another series of New York goes down. Would be great if I could easily count how many times they have played, but it isn’t. Anyway, after a wild 3rd period of the deciding game which saw 5 goals scored, Herbie Lewis got the OT winner to advance the Americans.

2nd Round

The league semi finals are now a best of 3 affair.

The two best teams in the league meet in the first semi final. After a easy game one win, the Red Wings need an overtime goal from Frank Boucher in game 2 to eliminate the Habs. Detroit goes back the finals for the 4th straight year.

Toronto and New York played a classic in the opener of their series. It took 68 minutes for a team to score. It came off the stick of Dit Clapper moving the Leafs one game away from the finals. Toronto would only score one more time in the series, being shutout in game two, and falling in overtime in game 3. Aurel Joliat’s 7th career playoff goal gets the Americans back to the finals.

Old 12-23-2017, 10:26 AM   #128
George_Bell
All Star Starter

Detroit is looking to match the 1917-1921 Montreal Canadiens with their 4th straight cup. Standing in their way, the New York Americans, who finished 30 points behind Detroit. Frank Brimsek, whose developed into one of the leagues top goailes, will have to stand on his head, and even then, it probably won’t be enough. This Red Wings team is about to become a dynasty!
Old 12-24-2017, 09:45 AM   #129
George_Bell
All Star Starter

Game 1

After no scoring trough 2, Joe Jerwa and Lorne Carr score for New York giving them a 2-0 lead in the third! 16 seconds after the Carr goal, Fido Purpur scores for Detroit. Big response. Syl Apps then tied the game a minute later. The teams trade chances the final 10 minutes, but we head to overtime. 43 seconds in, while short handed, Bill Cowley goes on a end to end rush, fines a hole in Frank Brimsek, and scores the game winner! 3-2 Red Wings win.

Game 2

Alec Connell made 34 saves. Syl Apps scored the opener and Bobby Bauer collected 2 assists. The Red Wings got a lead and did their thing. New York took a lot of shots, but really, Detroit was never in trouble. 3-1 Detroit. The Red Wings are champions again!

I forgot to screenshot game 2

Old 12-24-2017, 10:11 AM   #130
George_Bell
All Star Starter

1937 NHL Offseason News and Notes

Well there is the first upset of the Red Wings during their dynasty. Syd Howe wins the Hart trophy over Syl Apps! Howe had a very good season. 46 points, 20 goals, game score of 82, but posted a -2. His team finished 5th, but were able to make the finals. Apps had 57 points, 21 goals, a game score of 90 and a +21. This is a controversial ruling!

The first ever rookie of the year is the Maroons George Allen. Allen scored 16 goals in 39 games. He played most of the year on the 2nd line, after being drafted 18th overall in 1932.

George Allen

Howe over Apps in the all-star nods. That makes sense if the Hart goes to Howe. Lets just say I disagree with the powers that be though.

After all the top end talent in last years draft, this year is more of a depth draft. There are still good players available, just not guys i believe will be first line scorers.

Wally Stanowski is the top pick going to Boston. He's gonna be a glue type player who you can stick in a bunch of places. I doubt he will ever be a star, but he's the type of guy you build a foundation with.

I am inducting 2 men into the Hockey Hall of Fame this year. Harry Cameron and Georges Vezina. Congrats!

Harry Cameron was the first real top defenseman to play in this league. He was around during the Montreal dynasty, but still managed to win a title. He was the best player on his team, and probably the best defenseman in hockey for a number of years. The game didn't induct him, this is a Commissioners induction.

Georges Vezina only spent 3 seasons in this replay, but his reputation preceded that. He was the best goalie in the world before the NHL formed, and won the championship each year we was in the league. His simulated career would never be recognized by the game, so this is a Commissioners induction.

Old 12-24-2017, 12:21 PM   #131
enf91
Minors (Double A)

The Hart Trophy thing confused me, too, when I saw that IRL, Bobby Clarke won it in 1973, but Phil Esposito beat him to the First All-Star Team that year. It's not "best player in the league", but "most valuable to his team". So, Syl Apps was better than Syd Howe, but Howe's team sucked. The fact that they even had a shot was almost entirely due to Howe. Whereas the Red Wings had 4 players average more than a point per game, so Apps was probably graded less essential.
enf91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 09:55 AM   #132
George_Bell
All Star Starter

1937-38 NHL Regular Season

The Best player in the league is Syl Apps, but for today, im gonna highlight the best goalie, and amazingly, it’s Frank Brimsek.

Brimsek was the last first overall pick of the Ottawa Senators who had 2 top picks as goalies already. After they folded, Brimsek sat out a whole year. When he came back, he was a 1.5 player and a backup. A year later, look at his ratings. He took his Americans to a Cup final, and now looks like a superstar at such a young age!

Holy Crap, I though last years Red Wings got off to a good start. They beat it this year. On New Years eve, the Red Wings sit 17-1-1. At the end of this season, I think it would be a fun idea to compare the results of this Red Wings team to the Habs of 20 years ago!

The American Division has completely passed the Canadian Division. At the trade deadline(where there were a bunch of deals, but all very minor), the Leafs have 25 points, leading the Canadian Division. The New York Rangers also have 25 points, which is good for last place in the American Division. It took more then a decade, but the power has shifted!

Detroit suffers a major blow. In early February, Bobby Bauer tore a back muscle. It’s bad, and he will miss the rest of the season.

Bauer

It’s questionable if he will be ready next year. Bauer had 18 goals, and 18 assists in his 34 games, easily a career year. He’s become one of the top wingers in all of hockey. Even on a team like Detroit, they can’t replace a player like Bauer.

Final Standings

Detroit might be in trouble. Bauer was injured in the 10th of February. Detroit went 3-8-1 without the winger, including 7 losses in a row! They clearly aren’t the same team.

Wow, Normie Smith, the Bruins back- up goalie, leads the league in 2 major goaltending categories, but still ends up in the minors! He was actually acquired by the Maroons, who sent him down right away. Syl Apps becomes the only man to break the 60 point plateau more then once!!
Old 12-27-2017, 10:02 AM   #133
George_Bell
All Star Starter

1938 NHL Playoffs

Round 1

Chicago advances on a overtime goal Mel Hill. Hill's nickname happens to be…Sudden Death! Ha!

The Bruins allow 10 shots in their 5-0 game three win over New York. A fantastic team effort in a elimination games gets them 1 series away from their 2nd Stanley Cup appearance!

Round 2

The Black Hawks edge out the Bruins in 3 games to make their first ever Championship series. Toe Blake, whose developed into a legit star, scored the winning goal with just 14 seconds remaining in the deciding game!

Maybe Bobby Bauer is the true MVP for the Red Wings. After losing game one, they are skated out of the rink by Montreal in game 2. The Habs outshot Detroit 39-14. This Wings team has played at a NHL worst clip sense the Bauer injury. Their amazing run is over!

Old 12-27-2017, 10:07 AM   #134
George_Bell
All Star Starter

Turk Broda has taken over the starting reigns in Montreal, and got them past the beaten up Red Wings as they look for their first Cup in more then a decade. Howie Morenz is still scoring alot, leading the Habs in scoring. He's not near as good as Toe Blake though, who is one of the dynamic young stars of the NHL. Blake is on par with Syl Apps in terms of skill, and he's getting results.

Chicago has better depth, Montreal has better goaltending.
Old 12-28-2017, 09:53 AM   #135
George_Bell
All Star Starter

Game 1

Domination. That’s the only way to describe how Chicago controlled game 1. Montreal was never in this one. It was 2-0 after the first. Chicago doubled the lead in a 3 minute span in the 2nd, and cruised. The Habs need to be much better in game 2, or this one is over.

Game 2

The Habs certainly played better in game 2, but it didn’t make a difference. It took them until the third period, down 4-0, before they got their first goal. Overall, Chicago outscored Montreal 10-5 in the final. The Hawks win game two, 5-1, and take the Cup in dominant fashion!

Old 12-28-2017, 09:55 AM   #136
George_Bell
All Star Starter

Old 12-29-2017, 07:52 AM   #137
Libertine States
Minors (Rookie Ball)

And with that, Ivan The Terrible let out an extremely loud "WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!!!!????"
Libertine States is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 10:28 PM   #138
Amazin69
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Excellent dynasty, George! I'm enjoying this immensely.

And congratulations to Chicago (Chicago??) on the Cup!
Amazin69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 09:49 AM   #139
George_Bell
All Star Starter

1938 NHL Offseason News and Notes

Syl Apps, after a one year absence is the winner of the Hart Trophy. I mean, after the Red Wings collapse, it probably should have been Bobby Bauer, but Apps and company must have redemption on their mind for the way the season fell apart. Here are all the award winners.

Here are the 1938 NHL All-Stars

King Clancy has retired at the age of 35. Being a Leafs fan, King Clancy is a name of reverence. I’m happy to say he had a great career in this replay. Starting his career in the WCHL, he played 12 years in the NHL, all with Detroit, and ofcourse, won 4 cups. The HOF will welcome him with open arms. Here are his career stats.

Howie Morenz has also retired. He will go down as the best player the NHL has ever seen(so far). Morenz holds the career record for goals, assists, and points. Here is the top 10 scorers in NHL History.

Here are Morenz career stats.

The Canadiens have rightfully decided to retire his number 11(he didn't wear 11 in real life)

Charlie Gardiner retired as well. At the young age of 33, Gardiner leaves the game as probably the best goalie to ever play. He retires the career leader in Shutouts with 98, GAA with a 1.70 average, and save percentage, with a mark of .927.

Gardiner won a record 5 Vezina awards, which is given to the top goalie in the NHL, and he won 3 Stanley Cups. In honour of his retirement, the NHL will rename the Vezina trophy. The Gardiner Trophy is a tribute to the accomplishments of Charlie Gardiner. Here are Gardiner's career stats.

The Montreal Maroons are retiring his number.

Well, it turns out that number retirement is the last thing Maroons will ever do. Due to financial issues, the Maroons are suspending play. The Franchise that won 3 Stanley Cups this decade is gone for good. All their player, including Joe Primeau, and top prospect Sid Abel are free agents.

The league is now made up of 7 teams, all in one division.

The game has inducted Buck Boucher into the Hall of Fame. Buck is the brother of Frank, and there’s no doubt they will be the first brother combo in the Hall of Fame. Buck was an offensive defenseman who spent most of his career with the Americans. The 2nd defenseman to be inducted into the Hall of Fame. Congrats Buck.

Sid Abel signs with Boston. They are the only team in hockey without a championship. Getting Abel will help that though. He’s probably a top 3 prospect in hockey, and a potential top line center.

Abel joins the Bruins

Max Bentley is the first pick in the draft. He heads to the Americans, and should play right away. He’s got a lot of skill. NY’s center core now consists of Syd Howe, Elmer Lach and Max Bentley, which is probably the best group of centers in hockey.

Pretty strong first round this year. It looks like it’s full of top 6 players!

Old 12-30-2017, 09:55 AM   #140
George_Bell
All Star Starter

Last edited by George_Bell; 12-21-2018 at 10:05 AM.