Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 03-21-2017, 12:55 PM   #41
mcssports1
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas Berger View Post
Wade's true potential ratings include a 140 BABIP rating and and 124 Eye rating. Pretty darn high!

As for the other positions, we really don't give guys positional ratings until they've actually played a position in meaningful games. Otherwise it's just too hard to keep track of things, and lots of stuff gets talked about that never happens.

At any rate, guys will gain experience at new positions quicker than ever in OOTP18, so you should be able to turn him into a Zobrist type yourself pretty easily.
That's interesting, when I went into the editor I thought they were lower than that. I had never played in commissioner mode before so I am not sure, what does a 124 eye rating correlate to on the 20-80 scale? about 50, or average?
mcssports1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 12:57 PM   #42
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcssports1 View Post
Hmm okay interesting. I do have scouting turned on, but I also am in commish mode so I can go into their stats and look. Those aren't affected by scouts are they? And in terms of the top prospect lists, I get that scouts have different opinions and are varying degrees of accurate, but the official list that comes out and that managers get a message about aren't affected by scouts are they? Those are like the equivalent of Baseball America's official list I thought. Because De Leon is on that list which I found surprising, and Torres is listed down in the 40s I believe.
The editor in commish mode isn't affected by the scouting, but you also may just not be quite calculating correctly what the ratings in commish mode will actually work out to in comparison with everyone else in the roster set.

The prospect lists are completely affected by scouting though, they'll be far off if you have scouting on. They are the BA sort of equivalent, but they're the BA equivalent of what the consensus is given the scouted ratings, not the actual ratings!

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 12:58 PM   #43
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
That's interesting, when I went into the editor I thought they were lower than that. I had never played in commissioner mode before so I am not sure, what does a 124 eye rating correlate to on the 20-80 scale? about 50, or average?
Probably closer to 60. Well above average at any rate.

Old 03-21-2017, 01:07 PM   #44
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer

Post 7 will be updated regularly as I find more issues. I just want to make sure you're up to date on it?
bwburke94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 01:09 PM   #45
mcssports1
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
The editor in commish mode isn't affected by the scouting, but you also may just not be quite calculating correctly what the ratings in commish mode will actually work out to in comparison with everyone else in the roster set.

The prospect lists are completely affected by scouting though, they'll be far off if you have scouting on. They are the BA sort of equivalent, but they're the BA equivalent of what the consensus is given the scouted ratings, not the actual ratings!
I think you might be right. Also might be thrown off by my own Yankee scout (which is kind of odd because team scouts are usually so high on their guys) having Kaprielian as a 1.5 or Tate as a .5 potential for instance.

Thanks for being so response, it's pretty cool to be able to interact with the developers directly. I am new on the Forum but have been playing since OOTP 13
Old 03-21-2017, 01:09 PM   #46
nutt
OOTP Roster Team

just a thought: shouldn't players from Curacao, Netherlands Antilles, Aruba, and Sint Lauren (sp?) Have a second nationality of Netherlands/Dutch for Kingdom of the Netherlands purposes?
nutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 01:12 PM   #47
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
I think you might be right. Also might be thrown off by my own Yankee scout (which is kind of odd because team scouts are usually so high on their guys) having Kaprielian as a 1.5 or Tate as a .5 potential for instance.

Thanks for being so response, it's pretty cool to be able to interact with the developers directly. I am new on the Forum but have been playing since OOTP 13
No problem, happy to help! Enjoy the game and feel free to come back with any more thoughts or questions

Old 03-21-2017, 01:13 PM   #48
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutt View Post
just a thought: shouldn't players from Curacao, Netherlands Antilles, Aruba, and Sint Lauren (sp?) Have a second nationality of Netherlands/Dutch for Kingdom of the Netherlands purposes?
Many do, especially those who've played internationally for Holland already.

I'm sure we missed some of them though.

Old 03-21-2017, 01:14 PM   #49
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwburke94 View Post
Post 7 will be updated regularly as I find more issues. I just want to make sure you're up to date on it?
Ok, didn't realize you were updating it

Thanks for the heads up!

btw, the Howard Woolfolk player is not a problem, that was a player we deleted, Howard and I used to name the deleted players after each other until they'd get made into new guys

Last edited by Lukas Berger; 03-21-2017 at 01:15 PM.
Old 03-21-2017, 01:19 PM   #50
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallewalls View Post
Just a quick question, will there be a roster update when the game officially launches on friday?
Yes!

Old 03-21-2017, 01:24 PM   #51
nico1270
Minors (Triple A)

It's not an issue, just a question, are 2016 Serie Nacional stats going to be added to cuban players?
nico1270 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 01:25 PM   #52
injury log
Hall Of Famer

About prospect lists: if you just started up the game on the default settings, technically there shouldn't be any prospect lists immediately. The default setting generates new prospect lists once a year, on Opening Day. The lists you see right when you start the game are a bit weird, but they should look a lot more normal if you sim ahead to the first day of the season, and the game generates them properly. They'll still be a bit weird if you have scouting on, but I think should look better.

The Yankees system is loaded in the roster set (and in real life too!).
injury log is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 01:26 PM   #53
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by nico1270 View Post
It's not an issue, just a question, are 2016 Serie Nacional stats going to be added to cuban players?
Yes. Thought they were already, I'll have to check on this.

Old 03-21-2017, 01:32 PM   #54
injury log
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I think you guys are right, we'll take a look at this.
I think this is intentional (that Julio Urias has a minor league contract), and probably shouldn't be changed.

In earlier versions of OOTP, if we gave MLB contracts to everyone on the 40-man roster, we had some big problems. The AI would set up its team on the first day of the game, and would always find five minor leaguers it liked more than its current 40-man roster guys. So a ton of guys who belonged on the 40-man in real life ended up on waivers. And this didn't happen because the ratings were wrong, more because the AI sometimes weighted current and potential ratings differently from how real life teams balance those two things.

There's new-and-dramatically-improved roster AI in OOTP18 that would hopefully prevent this problem. But it would be a risky thing to try, to give MLB contracts to 40-man minor leaguers, because there might be 150 guys on the waiver wire on the second day of the game.

The safer thing to do is to just give MLB contracts to guys on the 25-man to start the game, or to guys who have guaranteed deals. The rest will automatically be given MLB deals when they get promoted.
Old 03-21-2017, 01:51 PM   #55
mcssports1
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by injury log View Post
About prospect lists: if you just started up the game on the default settings, technically there shouldn't be any prospect lists immediately. The default setting generates new prospect lists once a year, on Opening Day. The lists you see right when you start the game are a bit weird, but they should look a lot more normal if you sim ahead to the first day of the season, and the game generates them properly. They'll still be a bit weird if you have scouting on, but I think should look better.

The Yankees system is loaded in the roster set (and in real life too!).
Just a question about how the game works. Do the default potential ratings given to players actually change based on randomness, performance, etc? Or is it only the scouts interpretations that change? Like if someone starts with a 90/250 potential for HR power, but goes out and hits 30 home runs, do his actual ratings change?
Old 03-21-2017, 02:03 PM   #56
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Just a question about how the game works. Do the default potential ratings given to players actually change based on randomness, performance, etc? Or is it only the scouts interpretations that change? Like if someone starts with a 90/250 potential for HR power, but goes out and hits 30 home runs, do his actual ratings change?
The ratings will change randomly, but they don't change based on performance. So a guy can have a great year and his potential may not go up.

But, if you include stats in the ai evaluation, then the good stats will make him appear as a better player/prospect to the ai, and thus might improve his star or overall ratings even if the actual underlying ratings haven't changed.

Old 03-21-2017, 02:09 PM   #57
injury log
Hall Of Famer

Yes, the potential ratings in the game can change a lot, so if you play out a dozen different games using the roster set, Estevan Florial will develop into a monster in some of them, and a dud in others. Other factors come into it (injuries, coaching, personality, playing time), but randomness is the most important.

Good performances don't make ratings go up. It's really the reverse - when ratings go up, that leads to good performances. There are important gameplay reasons why things need to work this way, but that's too long a conversation for this thread.
Old 03-21-2017, 02:23 PM   #58
HerculeanMonkey
Bat Boy

Greg Bird should (sadly) have an extra year of service time.
http://www.baseball-reference.com/pl...birdgr01.shtml

Thank you for all the awesomeness!
Old 03-21-2017, 02:57 PM   #59
hjrrockies
Minors (Single A)

In general, how do you handle FB velocity for MiLB pitchers/pitchers with limited MLB service? There are a few guys in the Rockies org that could use some tuning there, but I don't want to burden ya'll with a bunch of busywork that you normally wouldn't do. Here's an incomplete list, (IRL velocity from Brooks Baseball)

Antonio Senzatela: Averages 95 mph IRL, listed as 92-94 in-game
German Marquez: Averages 95 mph IRL, listed as 88-90 in-game
Matt Carasiti: Averages 95 mph IRL, listed as 89-91 in-game
Zach Jemiola: Averages 94 mph IRL, listed as 89-91 in-game
Jeff Hoffman: Averages 95 mph IRL, listed as 93-95 in-game

Marquez especially could use a bump in his ratings, as he's a much better prospect now than a year ago.

Last edited by hjrrockies; 03-21-2017 at 03:03 PM. Reason: misspelling
hjrrockies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 03:27 PM   #60
so49as
Major Leagues

The 40-man roster is one of those AI bits that the roster team can't control, right?
Thanks!
so49as is offline   Reply With Quote