Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 17 > OOTP 17 - General Discussions

OOTP 17 - General Discussions Everything about the latest Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 03-20-2017, 01:56 AM   #1
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

Saving a League as a template

Is there a way to save an individual minor league as a template to be added to another league?

e.g. I want to use a DSL in another save that doesn't have one. Is there a way to save the league structure, and then easily load it to be added to another league?
PSUColonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 01:33 PM   #2
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

you can save a template while in a game, sure... i don't know about importing to an existing league, but i'd assume so. just try to import the default template to a league - same thing.

the one issue i know that can crop up is when the years of each league are not the same. so, you can't fix a 100year old coach or a 0 year old coach, but you can fix the players... export players after it's been assimilated to your new league and mass change their YoB column to correspond with the new year (year of league - year of league)

if you made the template during game creation, you can skip the player YoB problem, i am pretty sure... unless the "start" year screws it up somehow, but i don't htink the players are created until you actually start up the league at the end of the game creation process.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 03:41 PM   #3
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

The problem is it saves the entire league as a template...I just want to save one level of minors. I am wondering if there is any way to accomplish this?
PSUColonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 03:53 PM   #4
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSUColonel View Post
The problem is it saves the entire league as a template...I just want to save one level of minors. I am wondering if there is any way to accomplish this?
hmm also it's filled with players if you do it in game...

you can add it then remove the other layers that you don't want... sure... in game creatior or in an ongoing league...

you'll likely want to delete the players before fixing structure, if in game. from which league i don't know, lol.. but one of them, likely.

take care of players and FA first, then go to town editing the structure of your league. otherwise it will be difficult to indentify whom to delete.

during game creation it's simply just removing the ones you don't want and making sure it's associated to the ML leauge - or however the mil system is setup normally etc... you won't have to worry about any extra players.

Last edited by NoOne; 03-20-2017 at 03:54 PM.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote