Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 17 > OOTP 17 - General Discussions

OOTP 17 - General Discussions Everything about the latest Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 03-18-2017, 05:53 PM   #1
tejdog1
All Star Starter

Question about Financial Settings

OK, so... my league is in the offseason of 2029, first day. My team's won 9 WS in 14 years (yes it's fun, promise).

I went to Game Settings --> League Settings --> Financials, and didn't change a single solitary thing, but I hit Refresh and then Assign Fictional Financials to Teams, and my market size jumped from "Rather Big" to "Astronomical". Does this mean I've been getting under-credited for years in my game, or... is that a cheat?

I know, I know, solo league, cheating is how you define it, etc... I just wanna know what I did, and why it happened.

Thanks.
How I turn my head and lose it all

And it's unnerving
How just one move puts me by myself
There you go just trusting someone else
Now I know I put us both through hell

~Matchbox 20, "Leave"

Everyone knows it's spelled "TRAID", not trade
tejdog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 11:19 PM   #2
TGH-Adfabre
Hall Of Famer

I am betting the change is random... scratch that.

It may be reflective of your budget. Is your budget at the top of the league?
Is your payroll at the top of the league?
What are the market sizes of the top 5 teams in payroll and/or budgets from before you assigned fictional finances?
My, more thought out, guess is that the game takes the top payrolls and assigns the top market sizes to those teams.
Old 03-19-2017, 02:22 AM   #3
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejdog1 View Post
OK, so... my league is in the offseason of 2029, first day. My team's won 9 WS in 14 years (yes it's fun, promise).

I went to Game Settings --> League Settings --> Financials, and didn't change a single solitary thing, but I hit Refresh and then Assign Fictional Financials to Teams, and my market size jumped from "Rather Big" to "Astronomical". Does this mean I've been getting under-credited for years in my game, or... is that a cheat?

I know, I know, solo league, cheating is how you define it, etc... I just wanna know what I did, and why it happened.

Thanks.
when you click "Assign Fictional Financials" it will replace the current setup and change all of the market sizes, not just your team's. some may randomly be the same, of course. just in case it needs to be said... beware of the assign fictional salaries to players, too, if you do not want to disrupt things.

Refresh is fine... do that after any change. the estimated Average Total Revenue is the important part... it likely underpays the staff in the estimate.

So, if you want to revert back, a backup is the best way of course... if the back up is too old, you could screenshot the marketsizes (team stats -> finaces something or other... just need to know average =5 etc... anything 10 and over needs to be looked at inthe team settings). you will also have to change local media contracts to get them back to "normal," too. setting them all to 1 year is fast and sloppy with minimum effects for 1+ year.

Last edited by NoOne; 03-19-2017 at 02:25 AM.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote