Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Dynasty Reports

OOTP Dynasty Reports Tell us about the OOTP dynasties you have built!

Old 06-07-2017, 01:03 AM   #81
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

June 8th, 1985

Another day under the dome. The Astros are pitching Bob Knepper (3-7, 3.49). The Giants have Mike Krukow (5-4, 2.92) Looks good for us.

I lead off the 1st against Knepper... and ground out to Dickie Thon at short

In the bottom half I was the pivot on an Oberkfell / Priske / O'Malley double play to get Bill Doran and Keith Hernandez.

I led off the 4th and flew out to Jim Pankovits in right.

Krukow spoiled Knepper's perfecto in the 6th with two out. I then spoiled his shut out with an RBI double, scoring Mikey! Then Chris Brown singled and I scored from 2nd!

GIANTS up 2-0!

The Astros struck back in the 7th with a Pankovits RBI double, scoring Thon.

Giants lead 2-1.

Nestor pinch hit for me in the 8th.

The guys turned it on after I left and beat Houston 6-1.

I got an RBI double and scored a run but still got lifted.

We are at 27-25

````````````````````````````````````````

rpriske is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 08:40 AM   #82
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

June 9th, 1985

The Astros are going with Ray Burris (5-1, 3.67). The Giants are answering with Atlee Hammaker (5-4, 2.42)

Should be good!

I lead off the game by grounding out to Bill Doran at 2nd.

Houston gets off to an early lead when Keith Hernandez knocks Jerry Mumphrey in with one out. I then speared a Doug DeCinces liner for the 2nd out.

Astros up 1-0

In the 2nd I get the 1st out off a Dickie Thon pop.

In the 3rd I came up with two out and nobody on. I thought I had a single by Mumphrey made a nice play in centre to turn it into a fly out.

The game switched up in the 4th when Kenny Oberkfell scored on an error to Thon and Child Davis scored on a Jeff Leonard sac fly.

Giants lead 2-1

Thon made up for his gaffe by tying it back up with an RBI single, scoring DeCinces.

Game tied 2-2

In the 5th I came up with one out and John Castino on 3rd. I struck out.

Later that inning DeCinces hit a massive three run homer. Atlee really fell apart that inning, walking four before Nestor went to Curt Brown with the bags full and only one out. He got Terry Puhl to ground out but at the cost of another run. Then Burris hit an RBI single. Doran hit an RBI single. Mumphrey damn near did but Rob Deer gunned down Burris trying to score from 3rd.

Astros up 8-2.

I got the first out in the 6th off a Hernandez grounder before Jose Cruz hit a two run homer. This is getting ugly. I got the 2nd and 3rd outs on grounders by Thon and Puhl.

Astros up 10-2.

Things nearly got worse in the 7th when Burris plunked Tom O'Malley. He was not happy but 'cooler heads prevailed'. Before the inning was up Sixto Lezcano hit a pinch hit two run homer. I came up right after with two out and grounded out to Doran .

Astros lead 10-4.

Frank Williams took over on the mound for us that inning.

In the 8th Deer hit an RBI single, scoring Kenny O.

Astros lead 10-5.

We got a double play that inning, Castino / Priske / O'Malley to get Cruz and Ron Hassey.

We didn't come back.

27-26

Tomorrow we are in Atlanta. Time to pick up some games.

Last edited by rpriske; 06-12-2017 at 08:50 AM.
Old 06-12-2017, 09:22 AM   #83
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

June 10th, 1985

Tech difficulties. I lost my entire post.

Here is the short version. Pascual Perez and the Braves beat Terry Mulholland and the Giants 7-3.

Rusty Priske went 0 for 4 with 4 strikeouts.

Ugh.

San Francisco is 27-27.

Oh and the Atlanta Braves icons are racist.

Old 06-12-2017, 09:47 AM   #84
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

June 11th, 1985

We have Colin Ward (3-1, 1.66) going against Mike Payne (1-3, 4.15). Bounce back day!

And I started off the right way! I singled into centre to lead off the game! What was next? Stolen base #41 of course!
Payne got the next two to fly out but then walked both Rob Deer and Bob Brenly, pushing me to 3rd... before striking out Jeff Leonard.

The Braves were more successful. I started a Priske / Oberkfell / O'Malley double play to get Dusty Baker and Bob Horner but Brad Komminsk scored on the play.

Atlanta up 1-0.

I came up in the 2nd with one out and Kenny O on 2nd and Tommy O on 1st. I piddly little infield hit turned into a single to load the bags for the 2nd straight inning. Oh, apparently that was my 50th hit of the season. I should have more by now.
Chris Brown sac flied Kenny home to tie the game.

Game tied 1-1

In the 4th I came up with to out and nobody on. I flew out to Dusty Baker in left.

I was the middle part of a Ward / Priske / O'Malley double play to get Ben Oglivie and Rafael Ramirez out that inning.

After Colin gave up a double to Mike Payne in the 5th he was lifted for Pat Perry. (Colin has been pitching well but he doesn't have the stamina to go deep.) I made a superstar stop to throw out Komminsk for the 2nd out. Highlight reel play! I got Baker for the 3rd out to keep the game tied.

Perry was lifted for a pinch hitter so Scott Garrelts came in for the 6th. He gave up the lead on a lead-off homer by Bob Horner.

Braves up 2-1.

I led off the 7th by singling past Paul Zuvella at 2nd. I then scored on a hit & run double by Chris Brown.

Game tied 2-2.

The Braves loaded the bases that inning but a couple of nice plays by Chris Brown and myself stopped them from scoring.

In the 8th I came up, now facing Ken Dayley on the mound, with one out, Sixto Lezcano (who pinch hit for Tom O'Malley) on 2nd, and Brian Harper (who pinch hit for Scott Garrlets) on 1st. Three hits so far today but this time, a whiff. Neither pinch hitter stayed in as Eddie Vargas took over at 1st and Mark Davis took over pitching duties.

I got the 3rd out on the bottom half but taking a Zuvella grounder.

In the 9th, with two out, Davis walked Komminks and then Gerald Perry took him downtown for a walk-off 4-2 win for Atlanta.

Frustrating loss. We are down to 27-28.

On the plus side, I went 3 for 5.

Old 06-15-2017, 11:48 PM   #85
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

June 12th, 1985

In Atlants with the Braves sending up Rick Mahler (7-2, 3.50). We have Jeff Robinson (2-6, 5.46). We need to get our bats in.

Not like that. I started off the game by flying out to Dusty Baker in left.
Before the inning was up, though, Rob Deer put one in the bleachers.

Giants lead 2-0

I got the 2nd out of the bottom frame, taking a grounder from Brad Komminsk.

I led off the 3rd by striking out.

In the 4th Bob Brenly added to the score by matching Deer's homer.

Giants up 4-0!

In the bottom half I was the pivot on an Oberkfell / Priske / O'Malley double play, getting Baker and Bob Horner.

I led off the 5th with another strikeout. Child Davis and Deer pushed a couple more runs across!

Giants up 6-0!

Paul Zuvella popped up to me for the 2nd out that inning. Paul Runge pinch hit for Mahler and I snagged his liner to end the inning.

In the 6th I came up with two out and Kenny O on 1st, now facing Jeff Dedmon (BONG!). I struck out for the 3rd time.

Robinson ran out of steam in the 8th and Nestor brought in Scott Garralts with one out and Gerald Perry on 1st after a walk. Garrelts did not do well. By the time Rafael Ramirez homered it was a mere one run lead.
Ron Davis was brought in to stop the bleeding. He got out of it.

Giants lead 6-5.

I led off the 9th now facing Steve Howe. I singled into right. After Chris Brown popped out I stole 2nd for bag #42. They walked Chili and I then stole 3rd for base #43. I scored on a single by Brenly.

Giants lead 7-5.

In the 9th Atlanta got a runner to 2nd, but that is it.

San Francisco wins 7-5.

We are 28-28

We are home tomorrow with the Padres coming to town.

Old 06-18-2017, 09:18 AM   #86
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

June 13th, 1985

The Padres are in town and they are sending up Dave Dravecky (2-3, 5.65). The Giants are answering with Mike Krukow (6-4, 2.79).

San Diego is a game ahead of us, in 3rd in the NL West. I think it is a good day to pull even with them and start moving up towards the Dodgers and Reds.

We are facing one of my closest challengers in the stolen base race. In the 1st Alan Wiggins singled and stole 2nd. That puts him at 26, tied with Tim Raines. (I have 43.) He eventually scored.

Padres lead 1-0.

I led off the bottom half by popping up to Wiggins at 2nd.

I led off the 4th by grounding out to Al Newman at 3rd.

I finally took a grounder in the 5th... and threw it past Tom O'Malley at 1st. Error. George Hinshaw went to 2nd. Thankfully nothing came of it.

In the 6th I came up with one out and nobody on. I pooped up to Chris Speier at short.

Things turned a little sour in the 7th as a strong of San Diego hits used across a couple more runs.

Padres lead 3-0.

In the 8th Nestor went with Mark Davis on the mound (and brought in John Castino for Chris Brown at 3rd in a double switch). He induced a pop up to me from Kevin McReynolds for the 2nd out. Unfortunately he also gave up an RBI single to John Kruk.

Padres lead 4-0.

I lead off the 9th, down by 4, now facing Craig Lefferts. I grounded out to Kruk at 1st. A Rob Deer homer stopped the shut out but we still lost, 4-2.

We are 28-29.

I went 0 for 4.

Old 06-21-2017, 08:07 AM   #87
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

June 14th, 1985

The Padres are pitching Tim Lollar (4-6, 4.31). The Giants are using Atlee Hammaker (5-5, 3.00)

Atlee allowed a couple o men on base in the 1st but pitched out of it. I led off the bottom frame by popping out to John Kruk in right.

The wheels fell off in the 2nd. The Padres hit around and knocked in four before we could get out it.

Padres up 4-0.

In the 3rd I was involved in a collision at 2nd as Al Newman tried to take me out to avoid the double play. He broke up the play but it was him who had to leave the game. They got the last laugh, though.

Padres up 6-0

That was it for Atlee as John Castino hit for him that inning. I came up with none out and Castino on 1st. I flew out to Kevin McReynolds in centre.

Curt Brown came it to pitch for us in the 4th.

Rob Deer hit a two run homer for us that inning.

Padres up 6-2.

In the 5th I came up with one out and Curt Brown on 1st. Lollar walked me. Normally that is a very bad thing to do, but this time I had Curt on the base in front of me. We are not able to make anything out of it.

Bob Brenly hit a solo shot in the 6th.

Padres lead 6-3.

I finally got a defensive chance in the 7th... and blew it. A grounder by George Hinshaw turned into an off-line throw and an error. That is 13 on the year. After a walk Curt Brown got the hook and Frank Williams came in, along with Brian Harper in for Jeff Leonard in left with a double switch.
Then Deer in centre followed my lead and bungled an easy one. I took a Terry Kennedy grounder to end it but two error sled to another run for San Diego.

Padres up 7-3.

In the bottom half I came up with two out and nobody on, now facing Dave Rozema. He struck me out.

After pitching the 8th Frank Williams had to come out of the game. There is something wrong with his shoulder. Pat Perry came in to pitch the 9th.
I got a grounder by Ron Roenicke for the 3rd out.

We did nothing in the bottom half to change the outcome.

The Padres beat us 7-3.

And I was still hitless.

After the game Frank Williams went on the D.L. and Bill Laskey was called up.

Also, somewhat surprisingly, Rob Deer was sent down and Terry Harper was called up.

Old 06-24-2017, 05:15 PM   #88
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

June 15th, 1985

The Padres are sending up Charlie Lea (4-3, 3.55). The Giants are answering with Terry Mulholland (3-5, 6.58)

I have managed one hit vs Lea, but it was in 7 tries.

The Padres have won 5 in a row.

In the 1st I caught a hard liner by Ozzie Guillen for the 2nd out. Nice play.

I led off our half by grounding out to George Hinshaw at 1st.

In the 2nd I took a grounder from Gerald DeSimone for the 3rd out.

I came up in the 3rd with none out and Mulholland on 1st.

I hit my second ever home run!!

Giants lead 2-0!

Apparently that took my head out of the game because in the 5th I should have had another DeSimone grounder, but I threw it away. Error. Luckily it didn't cost us.

That inning I came up with one out and Terry on 1st again and I popped up to DeSimone at 3rd.

At the risk of jinxing it, Terry is through 7 without giving up a hit. (He walked someone before I gave up the error so I didn't blow the perfecto.)

And jinx it I did. DeSimone hit a single in the 8th. (Past me, too. I should have had it.) He also los nth shut out that inning as Alan Wiggins hit a sac fly. I took a grounder from Guillen to end things.

Giants still up 2-1.

I lead off the bottom of the 8th, now facing Craig Lefferts, by taking a four pitch walk.
Chris Brown pinch hit for Oberkfell and hit into a double play... but Guillen muffed it! We were both safe! Chili flew out to centre and I moved up to 3rd. Then Bob Brenly hit a double and we both scored!

Giants up 4-1!

Terry got the 1st out before giving up a single to John Kruk and Nestor came out with the hook. Ron Davis in to finish things off... which he did quickly, for his 15th save.

Giants win 4-1!

And I hit a home run!

Old 06-27-2017, 07:47 AM   #89
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

June 16th, 1985

Double header today!

In game one the Padres are going with Eric Show (6-3, 2.23)
The Giants have Colin Ward (3-1, 1.73)

Should be a barn-burner!

Against Show I have gone 0 for 3.

I led off the bottom of the 1st by grounding out to George Hinshaw at 1st.

I came up in the 3rd with none out and Ward standing on 2nd. I grounded out to Chris Speier at 3rd, but at least I advanced Ward to 3rd. Child Davis homered and scored both before the inning was over.

Giants up 2-0!

In the 4th Ward scored Terry Harper with a sac fly before I struck out to end the inning.

Giants up 3-0!

I got my first defensive play on the 5th, handling a grounder by Ron Hodges for the 2nd out.

Ward was lifted in the 7th - he pitched well, just ran out of steam. Mark Davis and Sixto Lezcano came in, replacing Harper, in a double switch.
The Padres scratched one across on a passed ball by Bob Brenly.

Giants up 3-1.

That inning I came up with one out and none on. I grounded out to Hinshaw again.

Ron Davis came it to shut things down in the 9th. He gave up a single to John Kruk but struck out the other three batters his faced for his 16th save.

Giants win 3-1!

We are back to .500 at 30-30.

I did horribly. I haven't figured out Eric Show yet.

Another game still to come today.

Old 06-30-2017, 03:51 PM   #90
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

June 16th, 1985

Game two!

The Padres are going with Mark Thurmond (5-2, 3.44) and the Giants are sending up Jeff Robinson (3-6, 5.01)

I got some action in the top of the 1st, handling a George Hinshaw grounder for the 2nd out and a Kevin McReynolds grounder for the 3rd.

I led off the bottom half with less success, striking out.

In the 3rd I came up with 2 out and nobody on and grounded out to Chris Speier at 3rd.

Chris Brown got the 1st hit of the game in the 4th.

In the 5th, things went pretty well. Kenny Oberkfell hit a one out single. Tom O'Malley hit a two out double. Sixto Lezcano pinch hit for Robinson (who was pitching a no-hitter at the time) and he knocked both of them in with a single. They brought in Andy Hawkins to pitch.

Then I homered! My 3rd ever and my 2nd it two days!

Giants up 4-0!

(I don't know about lifting Robinson, though. The guy had a no-hitter going!)

Pat Perry took over pitching duties for us in the 6th. The first batter he faced was Gerald DeSimone who grounded out to me. Hawkins came up and singled, erasing the combined no-hit bid.

Later that inning Terry Harper knocked Jeff Leonard home.

Giants up 5-0!

In the 7th Ken Smith pinch hit for Perry and hit a solo homer! I came up after him with two out and grounded out to Hinshaw at 1st.

Giants lead 6-0!

Scott Garrelts took the mound for us in the 8th. He pitched the last two and finished off the double header sweep.

We won 6-0! The Padres ended with 4 hits.

31-30

We are now tied with the Padres for 3rd in the NL West, 4 games behind the Reds and 3 behind the Dodgers.

Speaking of the Reds, they come to town tomorrow. Big series!

Old 07-02-2017, 12:54 PM   #91
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

June 17th, 1985

The Reds are in town and if we want to make a move not he division it might have to start right now.

The Reds are sending up Ron Robinson (1-2, 2.25). We are answering with Mike Krukow (6-5, 2.86).

I went 1 for 3 against Robinson last time.

We fell behind right away as Eric Davis had an RBI single in the 1st.

Reds up 1-0

I led off the bottom half by grounding out to Bill Almon at short.

Things got worse for me in the 2nd. A Tracy Jones grounder should have been the 3rd out but I threw it wide and Tom Foley scored.

Reds up 2-0 on my error.

In the 3rd Eric Davis hit a two-runhomer to centre. This is getting bad.

Reds up 4-0

I came up that inning with two out and nobody on. I popped up to Foley at 2nd.

In the 4th Robinson, of all people, hit a two-run double. This is a blow out already.

Reds up 6-0

Nestor had seen enough after a two-out single in the 5th and pulled Krukow for Bill Laskey, making his season debut. He has been a Giant for parts of the last three years, but without a lot of success. He finished the inning and then gave up lead-off single in the 6th but I started a Priske - Castino - O'Malley double play to get Alan Nicely and Jones.

I came up that inning with one out and nobody on. I flew out to Eric Davis in right.

I took the first grounder in the 8th to throw out Eddie Milner for out #1. Laskey had done well up to here but he gave up a solo homer to Knicely.

Reds up 7-0

Chris Brown hit for Laskey that inning and lead off with a double. We were now facing Joe Price... and he struck me out.

Curt Brown came in to pitch for us in the 9th. He gave up an infield hit to Lee Mazzilli but Kal Daniels hit into the second Priske - Castino - O'Malley double play.

We managed nothing into the bottom half and lost 7-0.

That isn't what I call making a move on the leaders.

We are back to .500. 31-31

Old 07-03-2017, 06:06 PM   #92
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

June 18th, 1985

The Reds are going with Jay Tibbs (3-3, 3.73). The Giants are answering with Atlee Hammaker (5-6, 3.48)

I have gone 3 for 4 against Tibbs. Time to step up.

I started off the bottom of the 1st by blasting one to centre but Eddie Milner got there to catch it.

I made my first defensive play on the 2nd, taking a grounder by Tom Foley for the 2nd out and then another from Tracy Jones for the 3rd.

I got the 1st out in the 3rd off a pop-up by Tibbs. After that Kal Daniels hit a triple... but Kenny Oberkfell nailed him with the hidden ball trick! Kind of bush league... but kind of funny too.

I came up that inning with two out and nobody on and grounded out to Dan Driessen at 1st.

The Reds opened the scoring in the 4th. Eric Davis walked then stole 2nd. He tried to steal 3rd and Bob Brenly threw the ball away, allowing him to score.

Reds up 1-0

In the 5th Daniels hit an RBI single, scoring Bill Russell from 2nd.

Reds lead 2-0

In the 6th Alan Knicely hit a two-run homer. Nestor turned the game over to Bill Laskey at that point. He let the Reds go back-to-back, surrendering a solo homer to Foley.

Reds up 5-0

I came up with none out and Laskey on 2nd. I singled to shallow left, moving Bill to 3rd. Then Kenny O singled and I went to 3rd as Laskey scored. Chili Davis lined out to Foley at 2nd... but he dropped it! I scored on the error. Then Brenly doubled, scoring Kenny. Jeff Leonard flew out, but Bob moved up to 3rd. Terry Harper singled, scoring Brenly. Tom O'Malley doubled, scoring Harper. John Castino flew out but then Sixto Lezcano pinch hit for Laskey and walked. I singled, scoring O'Malley. They finally changed their pitcher, to Warren Brusstar. I stole 2nd... of course. Kenny O flew out.

Did you count along?

Giants lead 7-5!

A two hit inning is a good inning in my books! Plus an RBI and a run scored!

Mark David took the mound for us. He handled the 7th but in the 8th he allowed two singles to lead off and Nestor went to Scott Garrelts. (Double switching with Brian Harper taking over for Terry Harper in right.) Russell hit into a Priske - Castino - O'Malley double play. Knicely was still on 3rd, though. Scott walked Tracy Jones and then Lee Mazzilli got a pinch hit single, scoring Knicely. Daniels walked and the bases were juiced. Driessen hit a scorcher but Castino managed to snag it to end the threat.

Giants still up 7-6.

I came up that inning with two out and nobody on, now facing Ted Power. I struck out.

Ron Davis came in to close things out... but couldn't. Eric Davis homered off Ron's second pitch, tying the game. Will Clark came in as pinch hitter but grounded out to me. The next three batters all hit singles, loading the bases. Ron struck out Jones and pinch hitter Paul Householder to avoid giving the Reds the lead.

We loaded the bases in the bottom half but also could not score. Off to extras!

Pat Perry took the ball in the 10th. He walked Driessen but allowed nothing else.

That inning I came up with two out and nobody on, now facing Donnie Moore. I struck out.

I got the 1st out in the 11th - a ground out by Wade Rowdon - after Knicely had doubled. We got out of it.

In the 12th Daniels reached on a single, but another Priske - Castino - O'Malley double play took care of him and Driessen.

Then, there in the 12th, with me standing on-deck, Brian Harper singled, scoring Perry from 3rd and giving us a walk-off 8-7 win!

Big win!

32-31.

I went 2 for 6, which isn't nothing.

Old 07-07-2017, 12:52 AM   #93
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

June 19th, 1985

The Reds are sending up Mario Soto (8-3, 3.10) and the Giants are countering with Terry Mulholland (4-5, 5.84)

So far against Soto I am 0 for 5. Yeah.

Them to change that.

I got in on the action right away, handling lead-off hitter Duane Walker's grounder for the 1st out.

I led off the bottom half by making good solid contact, lining it right to Soto. Bad luck. Bob Brenly hit a two out homer, though.

Giants up 1-0.

I got the 1st out of the 2nd too, taking a grounder from Alan Knicely. Then I did the same with Bill Russell's grounder for the 2nd out. Then the 2nd out in the 3rd inning, taking a Tracy Jones grounder. I was busy!

I came up in the 3rd with two out and nobody on. I broker that goose egg against Soto by blasting one to right centre and legging out a triple! Unfortunately I was left there.

Back at in the 4th, getting the 1st out of another Walker grounder and the 3rd out off a Bill Almon grounder.

In the 5th John Castino hit a solo homer! I came up with two out and nobody on and hit a deep fly pulled in by Eric Davis in centre.

Giants lead 2-0!

In the 6th I took yet another groundball, this one by Soto, for the 3rd out.
Later that inning, Soto walked Chris Brown with the bases loaded.

Giants lead 3-0!

The Reds came back in the 7th, A wild pitch scored Knicely. Then Russell scored Almon with a sac fly. I got Jeff tread way with a grounder for the 3rd out but the Reds were within one.

Giants up 3-2.

I cam duo that inning with one out and nobody on. Soto walked me. You know what is coming next. Stolen base #45. Stolen base #46. Sac fly by Chris Brown. Brenly and Terry Harper then hit back-to-back solo homers.

Giants up 6-2!

Mulholland finally had to leave in the 8th, after walking a couple. Scott Garrelts took over. He got out of it. In the 9th, though, he gave up three straight hits, scoring one, before giving way to Mark Davis. A wild pitch scored another. Treadway grounded out but another run scored. The Reds were within one run... but that is as far as they could get.

The Giants held on to win 6-5!

33-31

I went 1 for 3 with a triple, a walk, and a run scored. Oh, and two stolen bases.

The Reds have fallen behind the Dodgers, thanks to us.

Tomorrow we head down the coast to San Diego.

Old 07-09-2017, 12:35 PM   #94
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

June 20th, 1985

We are in San Diego and the Padres are greeting us with Eric Show (6-4, 2.36). The Giants are bringing Jeff Robinson (4-6, 4.68)

I am 0 for 7 against Show.

We have won 2 in a row and the Padres are on a 6 game slide.

I led off the game and Show struck me out. 0 for 8.

Robinson struggled in the 1st, having up a 2-run single to John Kruk, a 1-run single to Chris Speier, a 1-run single to George Hinshaw, and a 1-run single by Alan Wiggins. (The last was unearned due to a Chili Davis error.)

Padres lead 5-0.

I led off the 3rd by flying out to Kevin McReynolds in centre. 0 for 9.
Chili homered.

Padres up 5-1.

Robinson left in the 4th after walking Hinshaw and striking out Show. Bill Laskey took over. He quickly gave up an RBI-single to Wiggins. We finished the inning off with a Castino - Priske - O'Malley double play.

Padres up 6-1.

I came up in the 5th with none out and Laskey on 1st. I struck out. 0 for 10. Oberkfell scored Laskey.

Padres up 6-2.

In the 7th Ken Smith pinch hit for Laskey and legged out an infield hit but then had to leave the game with an injured foot. I came up with Eddie Vargas on 1st and none out. Show was gone (thank god!) and I was facing Dave Rozema. I grounded out to Hinshaw at 1st, but at least I advanced the runner. Unfortunately, he did not cross.

Curt Brown took over pitching for us. He gave up a one out homer to McReynolds.

Padres lead 7-2.

I came up in the 9th with Sixto Lezcano on 1st and two out, facing Kent Tekulve. I grounded out to Gerald DeSimone at 2nd.

This was an all around bad game.

33-32

Old 07-11-2017, 10:07 PM   #95
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

June 21st, 1985

Today in San Diego the Padres are pitching Mark Thurmond (5-3, 3.58) and we are sending up Colin Ward (4-1, 1.67).

Ward has been pretty hot since he was called up. Let's hope it continues.

Except... Nestor gave me the day off. He says it isn't play related.

Fran Mullins played short and went 0 for 4 with a walk.

We lost 5-3.

Old 07-11-2017, 10:27 PM   #96
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

June 22nd, 1985

The Padres are going with Dave Dravecky (3-4, 5.43). We are sending up Mike Krukow (6-6, 3.19)

I have gone 0 for 3 vs Dravecky... and yes, I am back in the line-up.

I started things off by eliminating that o-fer, hitting a single to centre. I guess word is getting around because I tried to steal and was gunned down on a pitch-out.
Chili Davis knocked in Chris Brown to give us the lead.

Giants up 1-0.

I got the 2nd out of the Padres half, taking a grounder by Kevin McReynolds.

I led off the 3rd by dropping a ball into right for my second single. Brown singled behind me and John Kruk overran the ball in right, leaving us at 2nd and 3rd. I later scored on a grounder by Bob Brenly. Jeff Leonard scored Brown.

Giants up 3-0!

I came up in the 4th with two out and nobody on. Dravecky struck me out.

I got the 2nd out that inning, taking a pop-up by Terry Kennedy.

In the 5th Leonard plated Brown again!

Giants up 4-0!

Once again I got the 2nd out of the inning, taking a grounder from Ozzie Guillen. This time I also got the 3rd, snatching a liner off the bat of McReynolds.

I came up in the 6th with two out and Kenny Oberkfell on 2nd. I grounded out to George Hinshaw at 1st.

I got in the action right away in the bottom half, handling a Kruk grounder for the 1st out.

In the 7th with men on 1st and 2nd I took a grounder from Alan Wiggins to gun down pinch hitter Ron Roenicke at 2nd. A fielder's choice. Then Krukow balked, scoring Hinshaw from 3rd.

Giants lead 4-1.

After giving up a one-out walk in the 8th, Nestor lifted Krukow for Ron Davis. (He double switched with Terry Harper, bringing in Eddie Vargas to play right.) Ron got out of it.

I came up in the 9th, now facing Craig Lefferts, with none out and Vargas on 1st. I popped up to Hinshaw.

Ron Davis pitched a 1-2-3 9th and we won, 4-1.

34-33

I went 2 for 5.

After the game the club sent Brian Harper down to Phoenix and called Rob Deer back up.

Old 07-15-2017, 01:42 AM   #97
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

June 23rd, 1985

Today the Padres are going with Tim Lollar (5-6, 4.28) and the Giants have Atlee Hammaker (5-6, 3.57).

I am 0 for 5 vs Lollar.

I thought I had an infield single to lead off but Chris Speier at third made a pretty nice play to throw me out.

In the bottom half I got the 2nd out - a grounder by Ozzie Guillen.

In the 2nd Speier knocked in Carmelo Martinez to open the scoring. Later Lollar knocked in Speier.

Padres up 2-0.

I came up in the 3rd with one out and nobody on. I grounded out to Speier again. In the bottom half I got the 1st our on another Guillen grounder.

We got not he board in the 5th who Kenny Oberkfell knocked Terry Harper in. I came up with two out and Kenny on 3rd. I grounder out to Alan Wiggins at 2nd.

Padres lead 2-1.

Later Wiggins scored on a Speier ground out.

Padres lead 3-1.

I got the 1st out in the 6th, handling a Ron Hodges grounder. Then I got the 2nd out in the 7th, retiring Guillen on a Kevin McReynolds fielder's choice. Mark Davis took over for Atlee that inning. (A double switch, bringing in Sixto Lexcano for Terry Harper.)
Speier grounded out to me to end the threat.

I came up in the 8th with one out and nobody on. I grounded out to George Hinshaw at 1st. I took a grounder from Ron Roenicke for the 1st out in the bottom half.

Bob Brenly knocked in a run in the 9th but we still fell short, losing 3-2.

Back to .500, 34-34

I got a goose egg.

Tomorrow is a travel day. Tuesday we are in Cincinnati.

Old 07-16-2017, 05:37 PM   #98
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

June 25th, 1985

We are in Cincy to face the Reds. We are going with Jeff Robinson (4-7, 4.94). The Reds are using Mario Soto (8-4, 3.41).

I have gone 1 for 8 against Soto.

The Reds are in 2nd place in the division, ahead of us by 5 games.

Riverfront Stadium is very... red.

I started off the game but striking out... according to the ump. Bad call.

I came up again in the 3rd, with on out and Robinson on 1st. I hit one right up the 1st base line which got through for a double, moving Jeff to 3rd. Kenny Oberkfell then doubled, scoring both of us.

Giants lead 2-0!

In the 4th Tom Foley got an RBI single to narrow the lead.

Giants up 2-1.

I led off the 5th by striking out... this time for real.

I made my first defensive play that inning, taking a Tracy Jones grounder for the 1st out. Later, with Soto on 3rd and one out, Dan Driessen flew out to Terry Harper in right for what looked like a sac fly, but Terry managed to gun down Soto going home, even at the cost of his own body. He hurt his back and had to leave the game. Sixto Lexcano took his spot.

Bill Laskey took over on the mound for us in the 6th. He took the decision away from Robinson by allowing a sac fly by Eddie Milner to score Eric Davis and tie the game.

Game tied 2-2

I led off the 7th by taking a four pitch walk. After that the Reds brought in Ron Robinson to take over pitching duties.
Kenny O whiffed on a hit & run, but I swiped the bag for stolen base #47. They walked Chili Davis and then I stole 3rd for #48. Rob Deer struck out but Bob Brenly legged out an infield single as I scored.

Giants lead 3-2!

I handled the 2nd out of the inning, with another grounder from Jones.

Ron Davis came it to pitch the 8th after Laskey left for a pinch-hitter. I got the 3rd out for him, of a Bill Almon grounder.

I led off the 9th, now facing Donnie Moore, and I lined out to Kal Daniels in left.

Things got tense in the bottom of the 9th as Tom Foley hit a one out triple, representing the tying run. It didn't take long. Alan Nicely singled to cash him in. I started a Priske - Castino - Deer double header to end things and we were off to the 10th.

Game tied 3-3.

We couldn't get a run in the top half and Nestor turned it over to Mark Davis in the bottom half. He gave up a two out single to Bill Russell, but no damage.

In the 11th, with the bases empty and two out, Nestor pinch-hit for me with Ken Smith.

Back to this.

It turned out to be Foley again, in the bottom of the 11th who hit an RBI double to hand us a 4-3 loss.

We are down to 34-35.

I went 1 for 4 with a walk, two runs scored and two stolen bases but when the chips were down, Nestor didn't have faith in me.

Some exciting news for one of my teammates (and the team): Chili Davis signed a 4-year contract extension for $1.3 million. Good for Chili! Good for the Giants!

Old 07-19-2017, 11:29 PM   #99
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

June 26th, 1985

In Cincy, facing the Reds.

The Giants are going with Terry Mulholland (5-5, 5.48).
The Padres are sending out Jeff Russell (4-3, 4.88).

This I like. I have gone 3 for 6 against Russell.

I lead off and grounded out to Tom Foley at 2nd... but he dropped the ball! Safe on error! I'll take it!
You know what comes next... stolen base #49.
Then Kenny Oberkfell doubled and I crossed for the first run of the game, only two batters in. Rob Deer knocked Kenny O home and we had the lead.

Giants up 2-0.

In the 2nd I came up with two out and John Castino on 2nd. This time I really grounded out to Foley.

I got the 1st out in the 3rd as payback, handling a Foley grounder. Later that frame Dan Driessen pushed Tracy Jones across to put the Reds on the board. Then Eric Davis got a game-tying single, scoring Kal Daniels.

Game tied 2-2.

In the 4th I came up with one out and Castino on 3rd and Mulholland on 1st. I did the worst possible thing... I grounded into a double play.

In the 5th Davis knocked Russell across and the Reds took the lead. I got the 3rd out to stop it from getting any worse on a diving stop off the bat of Bill Almon.

Reds lead 3-2.

The Reds' 6th: Single, Single, Single, Single, Walk, Single

At the point Nestor pulled Terry for Pat Perry.

Sac Fly, Walk, Single, Walk, Strikeout, Groundout. Six runs.

Reds lead 9-2.

In the 7th I came up with one out and pinch hitter Sixto Lezcano on 1st, now facing Frank Pastore. I singled into left. I was erased on a fielder's choice by Kenny O. We ended up not scoring.

Bill Laskey took the mound for us in the 7th.

I came up in the top of the 9th with one out and Castino on 1st, now facing John Franco. He struck me out.

We lost 9-2.

34-36

Old 07-23-2017, 10:52 AM   #100
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

June 27th, 1985

Today we are sending Mike Krukow (7-6, 3.05) to face Joe Price (4-2, 3.83) of the Reds.

I am 0 for 2 vs Price.

I led off the game by smacking it into left centre.... it went to the wall and I just kept running! Stan-up triple! Chris Brown popped up by I managed to score on a Chili Davis ground-out.

Giants up 1-0!

The 2nd went even better!

Bob Brenly singled. Jeff Leonard walked. Terry Harper laid down a sac bunt and moved both of them up. Kenny Oberkfell walked to load the bases. Krukow struck out, bringing me up with two out. I managed to outrun an dinfiked hit for a single, scoring Brenly. Brown singled, scoring Leonard and Kenny O. Chili grounded out.

Giants up 4-0!

The Reds got on the board that frame when Eddie Milner hit a solo homer.

Giants lead 4-1.

I led off the fifth by hitting a scorching line drive that Tom Foley managed to snag.
I made my first defensive play that inning, taking a grounder by Alan Knicely for the 1st out. Unfortunately the Reds scored again off a Ron Robinson sac fly that scored Tracy Jones.

Giants lead 4-2.

I came up in the 7th with two out and nobody on, facing Robinson. I popped it up to Eric Davis in right to end the inning.

We got a couple more in the 8th, with both Leonard and Harper collecting RBI singles.

Giants up 6-2!

I came up in the 9th with one out and nobody on, facing Ted Power. I grounded out to Dan Driessen at 1st.

Scott Garrelts came in to pitch the 9th for us. He got in trouble right away, having up a single to Davis, walking Bill Almon, and an RBI double to Milner. Will Clark pinch hit and scored both runners with a double. The lead was now only one run, with none out.
Nestor called in Ron Davis. He struck out Knicely but then walked Jones. Bill Russell came up and hit to me... and I started a Priske/Oberkfell/Deer double play to end the game!

We won 6-5!

I went 2 for 5 with a single, triple, RBI, and run scored!

We are 35-36.

Elsewhere, Bert Blyleven got his 200th career win.

We are heading home and the Astros are coming to town. Time to make up some ground.