Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 17 > OOTP 17 - General Discussions

OOTP 17 - General Discussions Everything about the latest Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 10-25-2016, 02:02 AM   #1
Tomato Can
Major Leagues

Onedrive?!?!?

I have been receiving request from "Onedrive" for me to start paying for the data storage that I am using. To my knowledge I never saved anything to "Onedrive". After finally clicking on the request, I see that a great majority of my OOTP 17 game info is automatically being saved to "Onedrive".

Does it have to be saved there? I am not going to pay a monthly fee to play any game and if this game keeps automatically storing my game info there that will be required. I probably have a setting wrong or something.

Is it possible to have the game info stored on my computer, not some cloud like storage?

Why would it automatically set to store it there?

Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited by Tomato Can; 10-25-2016 at 08:28 AM.
Tomato Can is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 12:36 PM   #2
Reed
All Star Starter

The game is stored on my MacBook Pro. I think most windows users have it stored on their computers also. I don't know anything about "onedrive". Sorry I can't be of more help.
Reed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 12:42 PM   #3
byzeil
All Star Starter

The game itself does not do anything automatically with onedrive. If your's is using onedrive then that is something setup on your computer and outside the control of OOTP as by default OOTP stores files locally on your computer.

I have Windows 10 and I believe onedrive is an option but I don't use it.

Last edited by byzeil; 10-25-2016 at 12:43 PM.
byzeil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 01:35 PM   #4
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

yup, it's just one more of those things where they try to force something on you... better to ask for forgivness than to ask for permission is the standard business model.

since you didn't disable this... i'd strongly recommend looking at your win 10 settings / privacy settings / control panel - look through it ALL. especially the part where it shares your internet bandwidth with other MS Windows updaters. something like that should be illegal, but i don't think people are knowledgable enough to understand how nefarious it is. it's no accident and they are stealing from you (taking without asking something of value).

Last edited by NoOne; 10-25-2016 at 01:38 PM.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 01:38 PM   #5
mitchkenn
Hall Of Famer

after following NoOne's advice, you can look at the game itself and see what those settings are .....

under GAME SETTINGS> DATABASE you can change the location of the files. the third line down (on my screen) tells me where those files are located. Mine reads C:\ Documents\Out of the Park\OOTP 17\saved_games\database. There is a small "edit" button on the far right where you can change the location.

you will most likely need to make a copy of your files that are on One Drive in the new location before you edit that line. i would also recommend making a backup of your game before doing anything else. The in game back-up/restore function is kind of clunky .... but RchW wrote a great piece (with pics) on how to make it work.
http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...ml#post4084018
he also wrote of an alternate method of backing up, which is what i use:
http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...ml#post4084038

don't know if you need all this info, but hopefully some of it will help. Best of luck.
"I saw a young man leaning on his wooden crutch - He called out to me, 'Don't ask for so much' And a young woman leaning in her darkened door She cried out to me, 'Why not ask for more?' " - Leonard Cohen
"Hello darkness, my old Friend ...." - Paul Simon
Before Mays, before DiMaggio, there was Oscar Charleston.
"All the lies about Babe Ruth are true." - Waite Hoyt

Avatar is the late great Townes Van Zandt. rip.

Last edited by mitchkenn; 10-25-2016 at 01:43 PM.
mitchkenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 01:27 PM   #6
PurpleHaze34
Bat Boy

OneDrive drove me crazy when I updated to Windows 10. It throttled my internet speed for anything but Microsoft Edge while it "backed up" all of my documents folder. I told it to stop, and then I launched OOTP and my game was gone. I spent a Saturday afternoon, fiddling around with getting my OOTP back out of the OneDrive, and in it's proper place to load from.

I was also getting those messages that I was short on space with OneDrive. I currently close it every start up, but I should just remove it from the start up list of programs.
PurpleHaze34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 03:18 PM   #7
Cryomaniac
Hall Of Famer

I've never had any problems with it saying there's no space, but I have a Microsoft Office subscription, so my OneDrive is a Terabyte.

Cryomaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 01:51 AM   #8
MrBojangles
All Star Reserve

Get a Mac! iCloud!
MrBojangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 07:38 PM   #9
Honorable_Pawn
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomaniac View Post
I've never had any problems with it saying there's no space, but I have a Microsoft Office subscription, so my OneDrive is a Terabyte.
My experience is that you can't. It regenerates like AOL used to back in the day.

I have to close it down every time I start up. So annoying.

All PBA games broadcast live on Steam.
Honorable_Pawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 07:44 PM   #10
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomato Can View Post
I have been receiving request from "Onedrive" for me to start paying for the data storage that I am using. To my knowledge I never saved anything to "Onedrive". After finally clicking on the request, I see that a great majority of my OOTP 17 game info is automatically being saved to "Onedrive".

Does it have to be saved there? I am not going to pay a monthly fee to play any game and if this game keeps automatically storing my game info there that will be required. I probably have a setting wrong or something.

Is it possible to have the game info stored on my computer, not some cloud like storage?

It didn't. You should modify your saved game path to store locally. OOTP didn't do this.

RichW

#stopthestupid

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 07:49 PM   #11
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomato Can View Post

It didn't. You should modify your saved game path to store locally. OOTP didn't do this.

Edit

See the screenshot. This is completely user selectable. Set it to store on your preferred drive.
Attached Images

RichW

#stopthestupid

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 03:17 AM   #12
green
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchkenn View Post
after following NoOne's advice, you can look at the game itself and see what those settings are .....

under GAME SETTINGS> DATABASE you can change the location of the files. the third line down (on my screen) tells me where those files are located. Mine reads C:\ Documents\Out of the Park\OOTP 17\saved_games\database. There is a small "edit" button on the far right where you can change the location. ...
I thankfully followed that advice and made a custom path to the database now kept on my harddrive.

However EVERY time I open the game the game sends over 8 gig of data to OneDrive. I have to minimize the game, delete all the files in OneDrive again, then proceed.

PS: I might not be clear here. The custom path works fine AFTER I load a separate game and each game you have to select it again and again as if just seems to work for a game. The OneDrive mess comes about while loading the OVERALL game to start play.

It seems the custom harddrive location doesn't kick in until you open a game you saved with it. You can't get to the settings to edit the location until you start a game or load a saved one.

So to open the game in general the whole mess comes back again into OneDrive every single time. OneDrive says it is overloaded and wants $100 from me to buy more space. I'm not paying them a single penny.

I'm new here and I just bought OOTP19 on sale to see if I like it (I do so far) and if I want to buy OOTP20 in another month but if I can't get this problem fixed on this version there is no way I'll buy the new one and go through this again every time I try and play.

Short of uninstalling or "delinking" OneDrive I don't know what to do. And to do that I have a bunch of stuff I have to move and save elsewhere including game saves from other games which might make them not work. I'm stuck. Any ideas?

Last edited by green; 02-13-2019 at 03:23 AM.
green is offline   Reply With Quote