Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Schedules

OOTP Mods - Schedules Create your very own game schedules, or share historical schedules

Old 09-05-2016, 08:40 PM   #141
joefromchicago
Hall Of Famer

1936 AMERICAN ASSOCIATION

Teams:

Columbus Red Birds
Indianapolis Indans
Kansas City Blues
Louisville Colonels
Milwaukee Brewers
Minneapolis Millers
St. Paul Saints
Toledo Mud Hens

Schedule Characteristics:

SCHEDULE type="ILN_BGY_G154_T8_C_" inter_league="0" balanced_games="1" games_per_team="154" start_month="4" start_day="12" start_day_of_week="1"

Each team plays 154 games. Teams play each other 22 times.

Season starts on April 12 and ends on September 7. Weekday games start at 7:00. Weekend games start at 1:00. Weekend and holiday double-headers start at noon and 3:00, except for home-and-home holiday double-headers between Minneapolis and St. Paul, which begin at 10:00 and 3:00. Weeknight double-headers begin at 6:00 and 9:00.

American Association 1936.lsdl
joefromchicago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 01:24 PM   #142
joefromchicago
Hall Of Famer

1962 AMERICAN ASSOCIATION

Teams:

Dallas-Fort Worth Rangers
Denver Bears
Indianapolis Indians
Louisville Colonels
Oklahoma City 89ers
Omaha Dodgers

SCHEDULE type="ILN_BGY_G150_T6_C_" inter_league="0" balanced_games="1" games_per_team="150" start_month="4" start_day="19" start_day_of_week="5"

Each team plays 150 games. Teams play each other 30 times.

Season starts on April 19 and ends on September 9. Single games start at 7:00. Holiday games start at 1:00. Wednesday night double-headers (Denver) start at 6:00 and 9:00. Sunday and holiday double-headers start at noon and 3:00, except for Sunday double-headers split between Dallas and Fort Worth, which start at 1:00 and 7:00.

This is the last season of the second incarnation of the American Association. Dallas-Fort Worth split its home games, with Dallas hosting three games of each five-game series and Fort Worth hosting the other two.

American Association 1962.lsdl
Old 11-06-2016, 04:17 PM   #143
joefromchicago
Hall Of Famer

1909 EASTERN LEAGUE

Teams:

Baltimore Orioles
Buffalo Bisons
Jersey City Skeeters
Montreal Royals
Newark Indians
Providence Grays
Rochester Bronchos
Toronto Maple Leafs

SCHEDULE type="ILN_BGY_G154_T8_C_" inter_league="0" balanced_games="1" games_per_team="154" start_month="4" start_day="22" start_day_of_week="5"

Each team plays 154 games. Teams play each other 22 times.

Season starts on April 22 and ends on September 28. Weekday games start at 3:00. Weekend and holiday games start at 1:00. Double-headers start at noon and 3:00, except for split home-and-home double-headers between Newark and Jersey City, which start at 10:00 and 3:00. Sunday games only at Jersey City, Montreal, Newark, and Providence.

Decoration Day and Independence Day fell on Sundays, so holiday double-headers were scheduled for the following Mondays. There were some obvious errors in the printed schedule (Sporting Life, 3/27/09). Rochester was incorrectly listed as playing at Jersey City on Sep. 26-27: that should have been Montreal. Jersey City and Baltimore were listed as playing each other 20 times instead of 22, while Rochester played too many games. That might have been an error or it might have been one of those quirks that are common in this era. I evened it out so that every team plays the same number of games.

Eastern League 1909.lsdl

Last edited by joefromchicago; 11-06-2016 at 04:26 PM.
Old 11-06-2016, 07:39 PM   #144
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer

Surprised this thread isn't stickied yet!
bwburke94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 01:30 AM   #145
Le Grande Orange
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by joefromchicago View Post
There were some obvious errors in the printed schedule (Sporting Life, 3/27/09). Rochester was incorrectly listed as playing at Jersey City on Sep. 26-27: that should have been Montreal. Jersey City and Baltimore were listed as playing each other 20 times instead of 22, while Rochester played too many games. That might have been an error or it might have been one of those quirks that are common in this era.
Schedule errors were usually the result of either: (a) the schedule published by the league contained misprints; (b) the schedule published by a media outlet had misprints; or (c) the schedule was incorrectly made (which, given that schedules were all hand-made back then, did happen on occasion).
Le Grande Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 12:46 PM   #146
joefromchicago
Hall Of Famer

PACIFIC COAST LEAGUE 1951

Teams:

Hollywood Stars
Los Angeles Angels
Oakland Oaks
Portland Beavers
Sacramento Solons
San Diego Padres
San Francisco Seals
Seattle Rainiers

SCHEDULE type="ILN_BGY_G168_T8_C_" inter_league="0" balanced_games="1" games_per_team="168" start_month="3" start_day="27" start_day_of_week="3"

Each team plays 168 games. Teams play each other from 22 to 26 times.

Season starts on March 27 and ends on September 9. Weekday and Saturday games start at 7:00. Sunday and holiday double-headers start at noon and 3:00. Weeknight double-headers start at 6:00 and 9:00.

The printed schedule (The Sporting News 1/10/51) has every team playing 84 home games except for LA and Hollywood, which play 85 and 83 home games respectively. That's probably not an error, and I can't find any obvious place to even that out so I left it as is.

The 1951 PCL schedule saw the league abandon its traditional pattern of playing seven-game series from Tuesday through Sunday. The league, however, maintained its longstanding practice of playing double-headers every Sunday. It also kept most Mondays as off-days, although Mondays were not always travel days, as they had been in the past. That led to some odd results. After all, it made sense to schedule Monday as an off-day when teams played Tuesday through Sunday, but much less sense when teams might play Friday through Tuesday.

Pacific Coast League 1951.lsdl
Old 11-12-2016, 05:28 PM   #147
joefromchicago
Hall Of Famer

1878 INTERNATIONAL ASSOCIATION

Teams:

Cricket of Binghamton (NY)
Buffalo (NY) Bisons
Hornellsville (NY) Hornells
Tecumseh of London (ONT)
Lowell (MA)
Live Oak of Lynn (MA)
Manchester (NH)
New Bedford (MA)
Allegheny of Pittsburgh (PA)
Rochester (NY)
Springfield (MA)
Syracuse (NY) Stars
Utica (NY)

Lynn is listed in BR as having been replaced by Worcester (MA), although Lynn had disbanded the year before and so may never have played. New Bedford is listed along with New Haven and Hartford (both CT).

SCHEDULE type="ILN_BGY_G48_T13_C_" inter_league="0" balanced_games="1" games_per_team="48" start_month="4" start_day="16" start_day_of_week="3"

Each team plays 48 games. Teams play each other 4 times.

Season starts on April 16 and ends on August 31. All games start at 3:00. No Sunday games.

Binghamton is listed (The New York Clipper, 4/20/1878) as playing both Syracuse and Allegheny at home on May 20. Although that's not impossible, I regard it as highly unlikely. Consequently, I moved the Syracuse-Binghamton game to July 6.

Buffalo, led by ace pitcher Pud Galvin, and Syracuse, the top teams in the International Association, joined the National League in 1879.

International Association 1878.lsdl
Old 11-12-2016, 06:43 PM   #148
Questdog
Hall Of Famer

Location: In a dark, damp cave where I'm training slugs to run the bases......
Quote:
Binghamton is listed (The New York Clipper, 4/20/1878) as playing both Syracuse and Allegheny at home on May 20. Although that's not impossible, I regard it as highly unlikely. Consequently, I moved the Syracuse-Binghamton game to July 6.
Attachment 477862
I do not know about that particular date, but that sort of thing happened occasionally in the minors. Even in the majors during that time, teams would play home and home double headers when the two clubs were not too far apart.
Questdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 07:30 PM   #149
Questdog
Hall Of Famer

Location: In a dark, damp cave where I'm training slugs to run the bases......
Quote:
Attachment 477862
On looking in to this, I think you were right that they did not schedule such a double header for May 20. On that date, Allegheny played at Binghamton and Syracuse played at home vs. Rochester.
Questdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 09:17 PM   #150
SandMan
Hall Of Famer

1903 pcl

PACIFIC COAST LEAGUE 1903

Teams:

Los Angeles Angels
Oakland Oaks
Portland Browns
Sacramento Senators
San Francisco Seals
Seattle Siwashes

I put the teams in alphabetical order by city with team numbers 1-6. If I am using the wrong order just renumber the team numbers in the lsdl file. I really don't know anything about the PCL. The text file used to create this was posted by LGO and I appreciate him posting this. I created this in a excel spreadsheet that I created, with this file being pretty much a test. I will post more as I have free time. I just want to know if I should post in year order or a random year. I have 277 files that have not been converted to OOTP format and will post them as I create the lsdl file. If any one has a request just let me know what season you want. With my spreadsheet I can pretty much create these schedules in about 45-60 minutes or less depending on the number of games. Send a pm if you want to know what seasons and minor leagues I have available.

SCHEDULE type="ILN_BGY_G224_T6_C_" inter_league="0" balanced_games="1" games_per_team="224" start_month="3" start_day="26" start_day_of_week="5"

Each team plays 218-224 games. I created the schedule file with the settings as balanced. This schedule is not balanced but I left it, just make sure your league is set up as balanced. I also have the 1903-1957 database if anyone wants a copy or if you just want a data set of the 1903 season I can create a CSV, excel or OSD spreadsheet to create your own quick start or league. This schedule was tested but I did not create a quick start of this season, just a test league. The schedule is a bit quirky since it is the actual schedule of the season. Teams played each other between 36-56 games against each opponent. This schedule would be nice as a replay schedule for the season, but I do not see any use for this to be used with a fictional 6 team league.

Season starts on March 26 and ends on November 29. I used the time of game based on the text file. I started all day games at 1300 and double headers at 1200 and 1500. There were no night games in 1903.

I can not give any information on the season, just how I created the file. If anyone has any history of this season and would like me to paste it in this post, please send me a pm and I will paste it and give you the credit for it.
Attached Files
File Type: lsdl Pacific Coast League 1903.lsdl (32.9 KB, 140 views)

Last edited by SandMan; 11-12-2016 at 09:42 PM.
SandMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 12:25 AM   #151
joefromchicago
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandMan View Post
I put the teams in alphabetical order by city with team numbers 1-6.
That's how it should be done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandMan View Post
I started all day games at 1300 and double headers at 1200 and 1500.
Typical starting times for weekday games in the pre-lights era were 3:00, 3:30, and 4:00. Teams wouldn't start at 1:00 because fans would still be at work. In the summer months, a middle-class professional worker - the kind of person who could afford a 50-cent admission to the ballpark - could expect to end his work day around 3:00, so games wouldn't start before then.
Old 11-13-2016, 02:11 AM   #152
Le Grande Orange
Hall Of Famer

For those interested, at some point I'm going to digitize most of the print versions of minor league schedules I have on hand by scanning them. (PDF files take up much less physical space that stacks of paper!) That means those wanting to see the original published versions of the schedules would be able to do so (particularly for those leagues/seasons not yet converted to OOTP versions).

Quote:
Typical starting times for weekday games in the pre-lights era were 3:00, 3:30, and 4:00. Teams wouldn't start at 1:00 because fans would still be at work.
I think I passed along to Joe a little file detailing the evolution of game start times for the NYC-based major league teams. I can post that up here for everyone to look over, if there's interest.
Le Grande Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 08:50 AM   #153
joefromchicago
Hall Of Famer

I discussed historical game start times at some length in this thread.
Old 11-18-2016, 10:42 AM   #154
Coltrane
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
1899 NEW ENGLAND LEAGUE

Teams:

Brockton (MA) Shoemakers
Cambridge (MA) Orphans
Fitchburg (MA)
Manchester (NH)
Newport (RI) Colts
Pawtucket (RI) Colts
Portland (ME) Phenoms
Taunton (MA) Herrings

Cambridge was replaced by Lowell (MA) in mid-season.

SCHEDULE type="ILN_BGY_G98_T8_C_" inter_league="0" balanced_games="1" games_per_team="98" start_month="5" start_day="10" start_day_of_week="4"

Each team plays 98 games. Teams play each other 14 times.

Season starts on May 10 and ends on September 4 (Labor Day). Weekday games start at 3:00. Saturday games start at 1:00. Double-header games begin at noon and 3:00, except for those involving split home-and-home and alternating visiting teams, which begin at 10:00 and 3:00. No Sunday games.

A very compact circuit with a lot of series lasting one or two games. Holiday double-headers often involve a visiting team playing in one city in the morning and a different city in the afternoon. The published schedule lists Pawtucket as playing in two different places on July 21. I assume this is a misprint and that one of the games should have been scheduled for July 31.

Attachment 407179
Love this! Wondering if anyone knows where I could find some NEL Logos and Uniforms. Thanks much!
Coltrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 11:28 AM   #155
joefromchicago
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coltrane View Post
Love this! Wondering if anyone knows where I could find some NEL Logos and Uniforms. Thanks much!
I suggest making a request in the Graphics Mods Sub-Forum. I can just imagine what txranger could do with a team like the Taunton Herrings
Old 11-24-2016, 04:33 PM   #156
joefromchicago
Hall Of Famer

1904 NEW YORK STATE LEAGUE

Teams:

Albany Senators
Amsterdam-Johnstown-Gloversville (AJG) Hyphens
Binghamton Bingoes
Ilion Typewriters
Schenectady Electricians
Syracuse Stars
Troy Trojans
Utica Pent-Ups

All teams located in NY. Schenectady dropped out mid-season and was replaced by the Scranton (PA) Miners.

SCHEDULE type="ILN_BGY_G116_T8_C_" inter_league="0" balanced_games="1" games_per_team="116" start_month="5" start_day="6" start_day_of_week="6"

Each team plays 116 games. Teams play each other either 16 or 20 times.

Season starts on May 6 and ends on September 17. Weekday games start at 3:00. Saturday games start at 1:00. Holiday double-headers begin at noon and 3:00, except for split home-and-home double-headers between Albany-Troy, AJG-Schenectady, and Utica-Ilion, which start at 10:00 and 3:00. No Sunday games.

New York League 1904.lsdl
Old 11-25-2016, 02:12 PM   #157
joefromchicago
Hall Of Famer

1953 WESTERN INTERNATIONAL LEAGUE

Teams:

Calgary (ALB) Stampeders
Edmonton (ALB) Eskimos
Lewiston (ID) Broncs
Salem (OR) Senators
Spokane (WA) Indians
Tri-Cities (Richland-Kennewick-Pasco WA) Braves
Vancouver (BC) Capilanos
Victoria (BC) Tyees
Wenatchee (WA) Chiefs
Yakima (WA) Bears

SCHEDULE type="ILN_BGY_G146_T10_C_" inter_league="0" balanced_games="1" games_per_team="146" start_month="4" start_day="23" start_day_of_week="5"

Teams play from 141 to 146 games. Teams play each other from 12 to 30 times. Teams play from 70 to 73 home games. Split-season format with the first-half ending after the games on July 9.

Season starts on April 23 and ends on September 8. Weekday and Saturday games start at 7:00. Sunday games start at 1:00. Weekend and holiday* double-headers start at noon and 3:00, except for split home-and-home double-header on May 18 between Vancouver and Victoria, which starts at 1:00 and 7:00. No Sunday games in Canada.

*Holidays include: Victoria Day (May 18-Canada), Decoration Day (May 30-US), Dominion Day (July 1-Canada), Independence Day (July 4-US), Labo(u)r Day (September 7-all)

A PCL-style schedule with lots of double-headers on weekends and holidays - US teams play home double-headers on Sundays, Canadian teams play home double-headers on Saturdays.

Western International League 1953.lsdl
Old 12-17-2016, 02:24 PM   #158
joefromchicago
Hall Of Famer

1948 THREE-I LEAGUE

Teams:

Danville (IL) Dodgers
Davenport (IA) Pirates
Decatur (IL) Commodores
Evansville (IN) Braves
Quincy (IL) Gems
Springfield (IL) Browns
Terre Haute (IN) Phillies
Waterloo (IA) White Hawks

SCHEDULE type="ILN_BGY_G126_T8_C_" inter_league="0" balanced_games="1" games_per_team="126" start_month="4" start_day="27" start_day_of_week="3"

Each team plays 126 games. Teams play each other 18 times.

Season starts on April 27 and ends on September 6. Weekday and Saturday games start at 7:00. Sunday games start at 1:00. Holiday double-headers start at noon and 3:00.

The mascot of the Three-I League:

Three-I League 1948.lsdl
Old 12-18-2016, 04:30 PM   #159
joefromchicago
Hall Of Famer

1934 BI-STATE LEAGUE

Teams:

Danville (VA) Leafs
Fieldale (VA) Virginians
Leaksville-Draper-Spray (NC, now Eden) Triplets
Martinsville (VA) Manufacturers
Mayodan (NC) Senators
Mount Airy (NC) Graniteers

SCHEDULE type="ILN_BGY_G80_T6_C_" inter_league="0" balanced_games="1" games_per_team="80" start_month="5" start_day="4" start_day_of_week="6"

Each team plays 80 games. Teams play each other 16 times.

Season starts on May 4 and ends on September 3. Weekday games start at 7:00. Saturday and holiday games start at 1:00. Split home-and-home July 4 double-headers start at 10:00 and 3:00. No Sunday games.

A D-level bus league with games scheduled Tuesday-Saturday (the only Monday games are on Labor Day).

Bi-State League 1934.lsdl
Old 12-26-2016, 08:29 PM   #160
swampdragon
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Binghamton is listed (The New York Clipper, 4/20/1878) as playing both Syracuse and Allegheny at home on May 20. Although that's not impossible, I regard it as highly unlikely.]
I don't know. There were some interesting schedule quirks in the 1870s and 1880s. On July 4, the New York and Brooklyn teams would play doubleheaders against visiting teams, but they'd swap opponents for the second game. Teams that were close enough together would frequently alternate as the home team during a series. You might want to check the New York Clipper for the first week in May and try to find the International League boxes for April 20. Although I'd agree that the most likely scenario is a typo on the schedule list.
“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies." -- C.S. Lewis
swampdragon is offline   Reply With Quote