Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > Suggestions for Future OOTP Versions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Suggestions for Future OOTP Versions Post suggestions for the next version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 01-25-2014, 08:18 PM   #1
eriqjaffe
Hall Of Famer

Automatically Import Ballpark Images

For years now, the game has intelligently grabbed uniforms and caps based on a City_Nickname_jersey naming convention. It would be pretty cool if the game could pick up ballpark images the same way - just have a "ballparks" folder inside each saved game, and have it assign park images the same way - "stadium_name_day_1963-1992", "stadium_name_night_1910-1991", etc. If nothing is found in the save game directory, it can fall back to the ballparks directory located in the Documents\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 15\ballparks directory. If there's nothing there either, then it can use the default_grass and default_turf pictures, but those really should be the last resort.
Old 01-27-2014, 01:03 AM   #2
Fyrestorm3
Hall Of Famer

Great idea. Sorry I don't have more to add. Just... great idea.
Fyrestorm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 02:52 AM   #3
thehef
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyrestorm3 View Post
Great idea. Sorry I don't have more to add. Just... great idea.
Exactly.
thehef is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 12:13 PM   #4
eriqjaffe
Hall Of Famer

Thanks, guys.

Now that I think about it, this could be further expanded into picking up player coordinates and ball flight locations from similarly-named CSV or XML files.
Old 01-27-2014, 12:29 PM   #5
blasek0
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriqjaffe View Post
Thanks, guys.

Now that I think about it, this could be further expanded into picking up player coordinates and ball flight locations from similarly-named CSV or XML files.
Also an excellent idea.
blasek0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 12:42 PM   #6
Fyrestorm3
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriqjaffe View Post
Thanks, guys.

So much yes; I've asked for an easier way to setup Coordinates & Locations for years, but I always ran into the brick wall of "okay, but how?" That could definitely work.
Old 01-27-2014, 05:38 PM   #7
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyrestorm3 View Post
So much yes; I've asked for an easier way to setup Coordinates & Locations for years, but I always ran into the brick wall of "okay, but how?" That could definitely work.
"okay, but how?" Is not a brick wall answer. It's a fact. The only way possible for that to work were if each and every ballpark pic was exactly the same so that they could use the same x y coordinates and no 2 ballparks or ballpark pics are exactly alike. So how would you determine the starting point? You can't do it any better than ootp does it now. OOTP needs x,y coordinates and you can't build those into jpg. files, so they have to be set manually.

It takes about 5 minutes to set up your team's ballpark coordinates correctly. About 5 seconds to add those to all ballparks. Export all ballpark data. Then about 2 minutes per other ballpark to get those correct. You only have to do this process once and never again untill you change your ballpark pic as long as you export all ballpark data after you've made your edits. Just remember to set the home plate (HP) coordinate on your pics home plate exactly as that is what determines OOTP's starting point.

One doesn't even have to do all that thanks to Gambo's and Pstrickert's .prk file mods. They cover almost all of the popular ballparks available. Just get the pics and put the .prk files in your ballparks folder, go to any teams edit ballparks page and import all ballparks and your done.
Bigrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 10:22 PM   #8
Fyrestorm3
Hall Of Famer

I didn't mean to imply that "okay, but how?" wasn't a factual question. By "brick wall," all I meant was that I don't have an answer for it, and no one does. I fully understand why it can't work, and that was my point.

But what eriqjaffe is proposing here would work. That's all I was saying. I wasn't complaining.
Old 01-29-2014, 04:59 AM   #9
Mr. Marlin
All Star Starter

Love this idea. Right now it is a "hands on" process. I'd also like to see a team get a small bump in fan interest when it gets a new stadium. I also do this as my league progresses but once again it is a hands on process that I'd love the option to automate.
Mr. Marlin is offline   Reply With Quote