Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - Public Beta Test
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-04-2013, 08:35 PM   #1
Balls Mahoney
Bat Boy

My experiences with FHM.

First of all, just want to say I bought the game last night and love it. I understand we're in BETA and there's going to be issues but it's absolutely kick ass to have a hockey game using the OOTP engine. I've played about six or seven hours so far and simmed through a couple of seasons.

Just three quick things I've come across.

1. After the draft in the first year for your franchise, the drafts afterwards have no players available to draft. I've only simmed about two and half seasons deep so I'm not sure if it's a re-occurring thing but this is one thing I've come across.

2. Can't hire a head coach to handle duties. I personally like to hire a head coach and let them handle tactics and practice. However, you can't hire a head coach and can only delegate coaching duties to a pre-determined assistant.

3. There needs to be a player search at some point where you can filter by different attributes. It's major pointless time waster to go through roster by roster looking at player's attributes.

I absolutely love this game and I think you guys are on a great path. I'll keep reporting in.
Old 04-04-2013, 09:57 PM   #2
Balls Mahoney
Bat Boy

I just updated to the lastest version, already noticed positive changes. I plan to put a lot of hours in playing the game tonight while watching the Canucks game. I'll report in with anything I find.
Old 04-05-2013, 03:45 AM   #3
Balls Mahoney
Bat Boy

A couple more things.

1. Playing through historic teams right now. Absolutely awesome to be able to guilde the old dynasties. I notice a lot of stats don't come up like Fights Won, GWG, GTG and several other categories in the Stats 2 and Stats 3 page in league stats.

2. Also, I'm sure you're already aware of this but historic leagues still have modern day salaries. I'm all about Bobby Orr making $9 mil per but may upset future players.

Loving the game.