Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - Public Beta Test
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-29-2013, 10:16 AM   #1
Rob316
Minors (Single A)

Rob316's Beta suggestions

I'll be adding more as I progress thru the BETA. I'll try and keep things short and sweet =)

- Pregame editor on the main menu when starting up FHM 2013 which gives everybody the ability to edit all the players / teams yourself and start a new game with the changes made. In an ever changing world where players become better or worse, I'd love to be able to change the attributes to my liking. And of course a reset to bring it back to the games last newest updated version =)

- Page remember's where you left off when you look at UFA's & Personnel so it doesn't reset the page making you rifle thru everything agian.

- An option to add the DATE just under the TEAM MENU or PLAY Tab, eliminating the scroll style it is now. I believe it seems kinda confusing at times but may be enjoyable to others.

- In the League setup tab an option for Fighting Frequency would be great for leagues where fighting is more common than others

- An option to keep non fighters from fighting and letting the "Tough-guys" handle that duty. EHM style of selecting a player and giving him the No fighting / Sometimes / Often/ Encouraged would be great!

After simming one season the number of Fights look like this:
M. Luicic 19
D. Clarkson 15
A. Ovechkin 15
D. Perron 15
J. Huberdeau 14
N. Kronwall 14
T. Hamonic 14
D. Phaneuf 13
C. Pronger 13
B. Marchand 13
R. Nash 13
A. Semin 13

* Mostly all of the tough-guys are demoted and playing in the AHL.

- Players current status may need some adjustment. Examples are young prospects with absolutely no NHL experience constantly disappointed that they are playing in the AHL. Players being unhappy at team performance / Insufficient playing time even though the teams doing well. One instance was the Penguins in the playoffs sweeping the Blackhawks in the final to win the Stanley Cup (Sidney Crosby) and a lot of team members were unhappy at the teams performance and they're ice time.

- Defensemen contributions need a tiny bit of work. Point contribution's are a little shy on the Defence positions thru-out the league but are not "abysmal" by any means

- Missing a Individual style (Team) statistics page / Missing a Farm team statistics page

- Trade List should be named "Trade Block" and the amount of players on the "Block" seem to be over-whelming. I'd love to see a feature in the future include a reason on why the player is on the Block like "salary" reasons or "contract" reasons etc..

- A page listing team "needs" and the ability to let other teams know what you are seeking in future transactions.

- The game is having a hard time putting value on players especially core to key ones. I find a lot of teams want to make too many changes all at once or just way to often. The game does however let most of the teams try and sign a handful of pending players due for UFA but the amount of players combined during UFA in July is overwhelming. Not to mention the amount of trades during the off season after and during the free agent frenzy makes teams look like they went thru a meat grinder thru the off season.

- Contract and Negotiation talks involve players asking for too many years at the moment and not enough control on negotiating with them. In most cases they say they are testing the Free Agent Market and do not wish to discuss contract's but after handing them contracts and clicking the OFFER button they will accept almost always anyway. I like the idea of "Negotiation" and trying to come to some agreement, and mabey even adding a "STALL CONTRACT TALKS" button to resume down the road in case your patience wears thin lol. If they say they "Don't want a contract" then I know they aren't going to accept anything I throw at them, and I can move on to signing others. If they decide they wish to change they're minds then we can talk business again and it'll show up in the news area persay. Just an idea folks!

Last edited by Rob316; 03-29-2013 at 10:02 PM.
Old 03-29-2013, 06:23 PM   #2
yzerwing
All Star Starter

Some very good points here.