Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - Public Beta Test > FHM - Beta Bug Reports

Old 03-09-2013, 01:02 AM   #1
OpusTheFowl
Minors (Double A)

Player Roles

Hope this is a new one...

When looking at your full roster filtered by "contract", you see a different "role" than when you look at the players roll in the player profile page.

Versteeg is listed at "Normal Player" on the roster page but in his profile, it's "Key".
Old 03-09-2013, 11:08 AM   #2
jayze302
Minors (Double A)

Good catch!

Not to hijack the thread.... but, I never really saw the point of this in EHM. OOTP doesn't have this, and I have never really wanted it to be added in.

Could someone explain the purpose of this game mechanic?
Old 03-09-2013, 11:22 AM   #3
NYR1967
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I obviously can't speak for the developers, but in EHM, when it was time to offer a new contract, the higher you have rated the player, the more money he wanted. So the same player, if you have him listed as Key, will demand a higher salary than if you have him listed as Core. Aside from that, I never really found those ratings to affect anything else in EHM.
Old 03-09-2013, 11:37 AM   #4
lightz
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpusTheFowl View Post
Hope this is a new one...

When looking at your full roster filtered by "contract", you see a different "role" than when you look at the players roll in the player profile page.

Versteeg is listed at "Normal Player" on the roster page but in his profile, it's "Key".
I think this is a new one and have put in the project tool for the devs to look at.
Old 03-09-2013, 12:36 PM   #5
OpusTheFowl
Minors (Double A)

Yay! I might have got one!

jayze302
It seems to be a "Mood" modifier and also a carrot when offering a new contract. I haven't played with it enough but I suspect ice time and role are related...but I would like to set putting a "key" player with low stamina on the 3rd/4th line to verify.

Changing role might temporarily effect mood but long term, the role and TOI might need to match on order for TOI issues not to crop-up...

The other question is how does mood effect players? Any how...
Old 03-09-2013, 12:56 PM   #6
jayze302
Minors (Double A)

I guess it currently exists as a feature that was in EHM that the current devs thought would be valuable at some point in FHM.

I just hope it becomes more clear what the affects are, and if it is worth the coding time to get it implemented correctly. With so many things being worked on, this is one of those things I would rather see dropped.
Old 03-09-2013, 01:46 PM   #7
OpusTheFowl
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayze302 View Post
With so many things being worked on, this is one of those things I would rather see dropped.
The problem there is that if we're right and there is an "emotions engine" that helps govern player performance, if "role" plays a part and it's removed or turned-off, it might stunt a players status. Might end-up with a bunch of really depressed players At least for my teams...
Old 03-09-2013, 05:15 PM   #8
jayze302
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpusTheFowl View Post
The problem there is that if we're right and there is an "emotions engine" that helps govern player performance, if "role" plays a part and it's removed or turned-off, it might stunt a players status. Might end-up with a bunch of really depressed players At least for my teams...
How do emotions work in OOTP? I remember seeing things like playing time, and performance. But role on team wasn't something you set. It is in OOTP, but the player figures it out themselves based on where you have them playing. You know, if you have a guy that expects to be the closer, but you have him in a MR spot. That makes more sense to me.