Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - Public Beta Test > FHM - Beta Bug Reports
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-06-2013, 01:39 PM   #1
BobFloppypants
Bat Boy

Trade bug

After receiving a trade offer, you can select "Discuss trade again", add/remove players/draft picks from what your opponent is offering, and then go back to the message and accept the trade, which will then carry out the trade with your amended offer, and not what the other team originally offered.

An example:

Acting as Buffalo, Detroit sent me a proposal where I would send Kevin Porter to them for Jordan Pearce and the ubiquitous 4th round pick.

I selected discuss trade where I added Detroit's 1st and 2nd round picks along with Tomas Jurco.

I did NOT make the offer. Instead, I went back to the original message and accepted the trade.

The trade was carried out sending both draft picks, Jurco, and Pearce to me for Porter.
Old 03-06-2013, 04:50 PM   #2
Peter10
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobFloppypants View Post
After receiving a trade offer, you can select "Discuss trade again", add/remove players/draft picks from what your opponent is offering, and then go back to the message and accept the trade, which will then carry out the trade with your amended offer, and not what the other team originally offered.

An example:

Acting as Buffalo, Detroit sent me a proposal where I would send Kevin Porter to them for Jordan Pearce and the ubiquitous 4th round pick.

I selected discuss trade where I added Detroit's 1st and 2nd round picks along with Tomas Jurco.

I did NOT make the offer. Instead, I went back to the original message and accepted the trade.

The trade was carried out sending both draft picks, Jurco, and Pearce to me for Porter.
Just tried that too and can confirm it. It also works if you add players with no-movement clauses
Old 03-06-2013, 08:30 PM   #3
JeffR
FHM Producer

Added to the bug list.
Old 03-07-2013, 01:21 AM   #4
Maplicito
Bat Boy

I had a similar problem - I was offered a player I can't remember for Blair Betts. I added Yan Danis, and changed their player to Alex Plante - they accept the trade, but I can't finalize it. I tried adding picks/players like the above posters, and then going back, but it hasn't made a difference, I still can't finalize the trade.
Old 03-09-2013, 01:49 PM   #5
Hologram
Minors (Single A)

Adding to the trade bugs:

Earlier in the season Player signs contract extension with existing team for 7 years. Player A gets traded. A day after the trade happens the news reports:

The Boston Bruins (the new team) will not extend the contract of Clarke MacArthur (player A). The Right Wing will become a Free Agent next season.

Looking at his profile shows that he has a contract extension signed for the next 7 years as well
Old 03-09-2013, 02:07 PM   #6
lightz
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hologram View Post
Adding to the trade bugs:

Earlier in the season Player signs contract extension with existing team for 7 years. Player A gets traded. A day after the trade happens the news reports:

The Boston Bruins (the new team) will not extend the contract of Clarke MacArthur (player A). The Right Wing will become a Free Agent next season.

Looking at his profile shows that he has a contract extension signed for the next 7 years as well
Have you passed FA date so you know if he became a FA or if it's just texture failure?
Old 03-09-2013, 02:39 PM   #7
Hologram
Minors (Single A)

Haven't passed FA date yet. Mid-season. Just thought it was weird to see that text, but will keep an eye on it when FA season hits.

EDIT: I won't be able to keep an eye on this after all. Stuck in an endless loop of crashing at the same date as reported in the Crash thread. Will have to start a new save.

Last edited by Hologram; 03-09-2013 at 04:27 PM.