Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 05-27-2019, 11:47 AM   #81
Findest2001
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goliathus View Post
Maybe you will finally get a break. I wish I can switch places with you. My pack team got promoted on the first goddarn season and I really wouldn't mind a few more to pull cards in Iron. Only good team(and I don't think it's a whale, dude has played 9 seasons and should have enough PP for his gold-oriented lineup) is on the opposite conference and he beat me 4-0 in the finals. This team I did not login throughout the week got the second highest wins in the conference. Goddarn it.

My other team which is also pack-only thatI did not touch over the week got a wild card slot. It didn't win that. The league looks whale-free too from what I see.

If you believe in superstition, maybe try thinking "I don't want to promote" and see if the reverse is granted. It's one of the many Buddhism theories. We are here (on Earth) to suffer so life will always give us what we don't want. You wish to be a normal person with family? Well, you got no family and have been granted great responsibilities. You want to be famous? Well, you can't no matter how much you try. I don't want to promote? Get promoted. Hey, if it actually works, credits on me, give me a thanks on this post at least.
We shall see kind sir. Logging in now but usually can't tell if there's a whale until tue or wed
Old 05-27-2019, 03:28 PM   #82
Goliathus
Major Leagues

You can check their rosters for full lot of diamonds and golds.
Goliathus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 03:40 PM   #83
Findest2001
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goliathus View Post
You can check their rosters for full lot of diamonds and golds.
I got through the teams in my division and theres no whale yet but haven't checked the entire conference yet.
Old 05-27-2019, 05:19 PM   #84
rudel.dietrich
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
There is a search and compare function and you can see every player in your league.

If you notice a lot of the top ones of the same team then well....they pay for the rest of us to get a nice game
rudel.dietrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 02:50 AM   #85
Mat
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Findest2001 View Post
I'm on the fence myself. I have 6 teams across both PT's, and 5 of my teams are competitive and one just keeps getting crapped on every year by random whales. It's gotten so bad for that team I am considering quitting PT entirely. I like the game, but quite a few people are jaded by the experience. It is certainly much different this year. It's harder to get promoted from Iron this year than it was to get promoted from gold and diamond in PT 19. Once you make it out of iron you're home free, but it's damn hard to do. There's just something very frustrating and demoralizing about being stuck in the lowest level of something through no fault in your own.

Pack luck is basically garbage now. Sure people come in here all the time saying they got like 3 perfects and a few diamonds in 10 packs or whatever, but I guarantee you that their luck tipped the scales out of other people's favor if that's how the odds work for pulls. I just hit my 1,000th pack last night and I still have yet to get a perfect. I've only gotten around 12-15 diamonds across both PT 19 and 20, and every one was a trash diamond except for Blyleven which sold for 53k. I've put over $400 into this now and still no perfect cards. That's total BS especially when someone else buys 10 packs and gets 3...I would've gotten as much enjoyment from that $400 bucks if I lit it on fire. Probably more.

PS And yes, Orcin. If I quit you can have my stuff
You have 6 teams, 5 good, 1 not good. And the 1 'not good' team is pushing you to consider quitting?

Opened 1000 packs? (why would you do this???)

Spent $400?

That's bananas

And you need to improve your understanding of how odds work. Landing on zero at the roulette table does not mean there is a lesser chance of it happening next spin.

Last edited by Mat; 05-28-2019 at 02:52 AM.
Mat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 04:04 AM   #86
joehart
All Star Starter

I keep reading how people want to get out of Iron and other lower leagues and move up as soon as possible.
I urge everyone to take a look at all the messages on this forum from people wanting to move down again since they miss that experience.

With many more month to go, enjoy the time in the lower levels.

It is actually an amazing opportunity to be able to re-train some more of your players to other positions and/or test more people to find the sweet spot. It certainly will give you an advantage down the road for competitions that require lower level players.

Get your Aparicio/Belanger/Marion/Pesky/Boudreaux/Cronin/Lindor trained to super utility infielders.
I did not get that opportunity and had to train them while in Diamond and Perfect league.

joehart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 04:34 AM   #87
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

deleted

Last edited by CONN CHRIS; 05-28-2019 at 11:01 AM.
dkgo is offline   Reply With Quote Received Warning
Old 05-28-2019, 10:32 AM   #88
Findest2001
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by joehart View Post
I keep reading how people want to get out of Iron and other lower leagues and move up as soon as possible.
I urge everyone to take a look at all the messages on this forum from people wanting to move down again since they miss that experience.

With many more month to go, enjoy the time in the lower levels.

It is actually an amazing opportunity to be able to re-train some more of your players to other positions and/or test more people to find the sweet spot. It certainly will give you an advantage down the road for competitions that require lower level players.

Get your Aparicio/Belanger/Marion/Pesky/Boudreaux/Cronin/Lindor trained to super utility infielders.
I did not get that opportunity and had to train them while in Diamond and Perfect league.

I don't want to destroy everyone in iron, but I stay in the lower level by being 1 and out or 3 and out every year in the 1st round of the playoffs because I always have to play the juggernaut team in that round (usually the play-in game). How much fun is it to know the outcome of the season at the all-star break? These juggernaut teams I speak of, for those who don't want to read the thread, have several perfects, quite a few diamonds, and a decent amount of golds on their rosters. I never play the same one twice, but there's always one.

I want a challenge. Not a set-it-and-forget-it for the entire season to blow everyone except the mandatory whale or two away, only to bump in the first round and rinse and repeat. If it's a legitimate iron team or even one that should be in bronze, silver, or at this point gold, and i get bumped that's on me.

I agree to staying in a lowER level to train and whatnot, but I want some challenge. Do I want to be in perfect or be in diamond? Honestly, no I don't think I'll ever have that kind of team. But my other teams which aren't anywhere near as good as the one in question are in silver and gold and I started them after the team being held down in iron and they are right where they should be with regards to the challenge they face.

For those who are being rude, I wonder who that could be, remember I only started the thread because I'm now in season seven of iron. I bit my tongue not to say anything after seasons 4, and 5, and started the thread during season 6 because it didn't feel right. I'm not complaining after a season or 2. I'm not entitled to be in a specific league, but I haven't even had a chance, yet I consistently put up an elite team only to have to face a team that's built for diamond and perfect...in the lowest level in the game. (emphasis mine, obviously).
Old 05-28-2019, 11:44 AM   #89
HRBaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Findest2001 View Post
I don't want to destroy everyone in iron, but I stay in the lower level by being 1 and out or 3 and out every year in the 1st round of the playoffs because I always have to play the juggernaut team in that round (usually the play-in game). How much fun is it to know the outcome of the season at the all-star break? These juggernaut teams I speak of, for those who don't want to read the thread, have several perfects, quite a few diamonds, and a decent amount of golds on their rosters. I never play the same one twice, but there's always one.

I want a challenge. Not a set-it-and-forget-it for the entire season to blow everyone except the mandatory whale or two away, only to bump in the first round and rinse and repeat. If it's a legitimate iron team or even one that should be in bronze, silver, or at this point gold, and i get bumped that's on me.

I agree to staying in a lowER level to train and whatnot, but I want some challenge. Do I want to be in perfect or be in diamond? Honestly, no I don't think I'll ever have that kind of team. But my other teams which aren't anywhere near as good as the one in question are in silver and gold and I started them after the team being held down in iron and they are right where they should be with regards to the challenge they face.

For those who are being rude, I wonder who that could be, remember I only started the thread because I'm now in season seven of iron. I bit my tongue not to say anything after seasons 4, and 5, and started the thread during season 6 because it didn't feel right. I'm not complaining after a season or 2. I'm not entitled to be in a specific league, but I haven't even had a chance, yet I consistently put up an elite team only to have to face a team that's built for diamond and perfect...in the lowest level in the game. (emphasis mine, obviously).
Findest2001, I'm not trying to be rude here, but your complaining about what most of us have accepted as the way the game works. I've said this before, but I'll repeat - I have a team that was in Iron for 8 seasons before they finally got out - and the last 4 of those seasons they had 107-133 wins each year. I've got another team that never had a perfect, about half Diamonds and half Gold that floated to Perfect in 6 weeks and is now getting their shorts cleaned.

There's a reason a baseball season is 162 games long. It's because the variables inside a game are far more important than the ratings on any specific card. that's why King Kelly will go 5 for 5 one day and 0 for 5 the next.

What your experiencing is "normal". Normal for baseball, and normal for OOTP. Baseball is a roller coaster - it's the nature of the game, and it only levels out over many, MANY games. Just because a player hits .400 for the season doesn't mean he can't have a hitless series... he makes up for it going 12 for 15 over the next 3 games.

All that said, I still have a problem with who gets promoted and demoted each week, but I'm hoping the Devs will eventually tweak that and make the competition levels a bit more fair.

Last edited by HRBaker; 05-28-2019 at 11:45 AM.
HRBaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 11:57 AM   #90
HiDesertAce
Major Leagues

I am going to agree with what Markus said about you in another thread recently.
Attached Images

HiDesertAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 12:22 PM   #91
lukess1
Bat Boy

With my experience, I got lucky with pack luck. It enabled me to have a diamond level team in bronze and silver. I haven't spent a cent on packs but got lucky with pre-order packs among other things. Keep pushing and eventually luck will change. The further into the year it gets, the more even the league will end up being.
lukess1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 12:36 PM   #92
Findest2001
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRBaker View Post
Findest2001, I'm not trying to be rude here, but your complaining about what most of us have accepted as the way the game works. I've said this before, but I'll repeat - I have a team that was in Iron for 8 seasons before they finally got out - and the last 4 of those seasons they had 107-133 wins each year. I've got another team that never had a perfect, about half Diamonds and half Gold that floated to Perfect in 6 weeks and is now getting their shorts cleaned.

There's a reason a baseball season is 162 games long. It's because the variables inside a game are far more important than the ratings on any specific card. that's why King Kelly will go 5 for 5 one day and 0 for 5 the next.

What your experiencing is "normal". Normal for baseball, and normal for OOTP. Baseball is a roller coaster - it's the nature of the game, and it only levels out over many, MANY games. Just because a player hits .400 for the season doesn't mean he can't have a hitless series... he makes up for it going 12 for 15 over the next 3 games.

All that said, I still have a problem with who gets promoted and demoted each week, but I'm hoping the Devs will eventually tweak that and make the competition levels a bit more fair.

You are not being rude. No need for the disclaimer, but thanks nonetheless.
Old 06-01-2019, 10:20 PM   #93
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

I only read the subject. (Does luck ever turn around?)

In my experience, always, yes, even in the very worst spats of bad luck, even if death brings it.

One Great Matrix is offline   Reply With Quote