Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > Suggestions for Future OOTP Versions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Suggestions for Future OOTP Versions Post suggestions for the next version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 08-08-2015, 11:19 AM   #1
ra24mpa
Minors (Triple A)

draft classes and past quickstarts

I know that past quickstarts can be imported into the current version of the game, but I believe an improvement can be made to them with seemingly little effort, which should make the historical aspect of the game more interesting. For example, given that a few draft classes have been developed since OOTP 14, how about re-issuing the QS for that year but with the newer draft classes and international free agents attached to it? Something like that (but I would prefer the first version in which real life players were included in the draft). It's not like player ratings would have to be changed or anything like that. I would prefer they aren't. Just tack on the newer classes and make sure that there aren't any duplicate players.

And so there's no confusion, I meant reissuing the historical QS for the current version of the game, not for previous versions.

Last edited by ra24mpa; 08-08-2015 at 12:39 PM.
ra24mpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 07:32 AM   #2
captaincoop17
All Star Reserve

I believe OOTP 10 was the first version with real players, there were only a few though... Stephen Strasburg and his 2009 counterparts...

I have to say though, I would really like to see something like this happen, where would could pick a past OOTP quickstart and play it in the most updated version of OOTP. The earliest version of OOTP I can play on my laptop is OOTP 12, but OOTP 11 was my first version and it was always fun going to back the grassroots and playing a little bit.

I support this idea and I'm sure many others do as well!

Where y'all at?

captaincoop17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 02:11 PM   #3
ra24mpa
Minors (Triple A)

It actually would be nice if more people clamored for it considering how easy it would be to implement. As far as I can tell, most of the work is already done. It just needs to be merged and checked for duplicate players. Now, if the developers were willing to go all out and put in the time for something of a secondary nature, there are plenty of retired minor leaguers in the game for some reason, and they could be used a base for full draft classes from previous years. I haven't gotten this year's version yet (if a pre-order existed for next year, I would be on the list already), but in last year's it seemed that if someone played in the minors in 2007 (or later) but retired before making it to the majors, he's in the game. I just hope that if they ever go this route, they don't mess around with the ratings too much. I like the idea of drafting someone like Albert Pujols in a later round and not in the first round, probably first overall.
ra24mpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 10:18 PM   #4
Mgomz
Minors (Double A)

I would like to have past people with this year's and you can by Feeding another League into Latest Rosters like Negro Leagues.
Mgomz is offline   Reply With Quote