Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 16 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2015 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 06-10-2015, 07:18 AM   #1
beorn
All Star Starter

Rainouts, doubleheaders, and 7 day lineups

From what I'm seeing, rainouts, quickly scheduled double headers, and 7 day lineups do not co-exist very well.

In an online league, I set my rotation. Auto fill the 7 day lineups.

At the end of the sim, I see that the second game of the sim was rained out and made up the third day, but the second pitcher was skipped over. In the double header, my third starter and a relief pitcher got the starts.

To make it a little more insidious, when I click on the links to see the box scores, both games of the double header show the same box score, so a lot of OOTP players may not be noticing what the game is doing to their rotation.

(From a coding perspective, this makes sense. I asked to have pitcher #2 pitch on day 2, so the game would have no reason to start him on day 3. But from a baseball perspective, this makes no sense. And, in effect, it makes 7 day lineups problematic.)
beorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 07:51 AM   #2
Honorable_Pawn
Hall Of Famer

Good catch.

All PBA games broadcast live on Steam.
Honorable_Pawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 07:55 AM   #3
TomVeal
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by beorn View Post
From what I'm seeing, rainouts, quickly scheduled double headers, and 7 day lineups do not co-exist very well.

<snip>

To make it a little more insidious, when I click on the links to see the box scores, both games of the double header show the same box score, so a lot of OOTP players may not be noticing what the game is doing to their rotation.
This isn't a new issue. The link on the team's Schedule page has always showed only one of a double header's two box scores. To see both, one needs to go to the league Scores page.
TomVeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 07:57 AM   #4
Honorable_Pawn
Hall Of Famer

I think the primary issue he is talking about is the starter getting skipped. Not the missing doubleheader link.

All PBA games broadcast live on Steam.
Honorable_Pawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 10:55 AM   #5
TomVeal
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honorable_Pawn View Post
I think the primary issue he is talking about is the starter getting skipped. Not the missing doubleheader link.
Of course that's the primary issue, but I don't have any useful comment on it. Seven-day lineups need an upgrade in order to be truly useful.
Old 06-10-2015, 12:13 PM   #6
beorn
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomVeal View Post
Of course that's the primary issue, but I don't have any useful comment on it. Seven-day lineups need an upgrade in order to be truly useful.
Well, in my two online leagues simming four days at a time, I felt that the seven-day lineups were very useful. I'd go so far as to say it was one of my favorite features. Which is why I am bummed by this new problem.
beorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 01:50 AM   #7
one299man
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I have found that when rain outs are rescheduled, they are always rescheduled as day night double headers. This is generally true for todays games but not true for games 20 or more years ago. Is there a way for the makeup double headers from the past be NOT scheduled as day night double headers.

Gerry
one299man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 04:42 AM   #8
Rain King
Hall Of Famer

Yea, for sims I had a double-header I had to clear 7-day rosters and make sure the rotation was set to highest rested starter to make sure the correct pitchers were used. Rainouts and make-up double-headers were probably implemented a little quickly, there are issues there.
Rain King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 07:56 AM   #9
BIG17EASY
Hall Of Famer

In a historical league I was playing, I got a rainout and the AI skipped my fifth starter. I had my #1 starter scheduled to go in the regular game the next day (using 7-day lineups), but since it skipped my #5 starter, it started my #1 in the re-scheduled game in the first game of the doubleheader, then read my 7-day lineup for the second game, which caused my #1 starter to start again.

I agree that the team needs to take a very close look at 7-day lineups and how they handle doubleheaders.
BIG17EASY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 11:45 AM   #10
one299man
Minors (Rookie Ball)

When I replayed the 1959 season, regularly scheduled double headers had about a 30 minute break between games but when they were rescheduled a rain out double header, the first game would be scheduled at about 11:00 am and the 2nd game at 7:30 pm. Now what is weird is that the cubs didn't have lights until the late 1980's so the cubs would be playing in the dark lol.

Gerry
one299man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 01:07 PM   #11
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

I just had my first ever(I think) both games of a double header rained out.
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 08:03 PM   #12
TomVeal
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by one299man View Post
When I replayed the 1959 season, regularly scheduled double headers had about a 30 minute break between games but when they were rescheduled a rain out double header, the first game would be scheduled at about 11:00 am and the 2nd game at 7:30 pm. Now what is weird is that the cubs didn't have lights until the late 1980's so the cubs would be playing in the dark lol.

Gerry
Playing in the dark, the Cubs might have done better.

It would be a nice touch, though perhaps not the highest programming priority, if the game would take into account that Wrigley Field had no lights until August 8, 1988 (a day that shall live in infamy), and would implement schedules and extra inning games accordingly.
Old 07-13-2015, 11:31 AM   #13
Phantom9in
Minors (Double A)

Just a thought for future update or version, lose the 7-DAY lineup and make it a 7-GAME lineup so no matter what happens the next 7 GAMES will use these lineups...I.E.-Rain out make up doubleheader still will use the pitcher from the scheduled game that was rained out for the first game of the makeup doubleheader.

Phantom9in is offline   Reply With Quote