Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - Public Beta Test
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-2013, 11:30 AM   #1
Rob316
Minors (Single A)

PIM's and Tough Guys

Hey Folks,

This has been brought up many times already, mostly myself trying to have the FHM team take a second look at this aspect of the game. I for one don't mean to sound like a broken record but it's a great concern to not have players performing a role for the teams as they should.

The game is having a hard time distinguishing the difference between who fights and who doesn't. I've played multiple seasons now and can only play so much here with my free time only to see the same thing over and over again leaving me frustrated. The likes of Malkin, Glencross, Downie, Clarkson, Semin are leading the league in PIM's and in fighting majors.

The likes of Colton Orr, Frazer McLaren, Jared Boll, Chris Neil, Zac Rinaldo, Shawn Thornton, John Scott etc.. etc... are not fighting as they should be even when they have they're fighting attributes almost maxed leaving them with 30 PIMS or less in a season, rendering them "useless" in this game. These players should have the chance of accumulating well over 250 PIMS+ or at the very least some capable of 275-300 when playing all season long.

The physical players have been rerated as of (0.9.17 / 0.9.19), and even with the physical attributes maxed out on Enforcers they just don't fight !! Can anyone on the FHM crew shed some light on if this will be looked at, I feel players aren't playing within they're roles to some extent and the tough players are basically useless on any roster at the moment. I believe these players should NOT need to fight 40 plus a season to achieve 200+ to lead the league but having them fight regulary and having more misconducts will certainly balance out to reflect real life statistics. Will players be eventually given sliders like EHM's ability to adjust a players style of game to recognize that I want my fighters playing a "berserk" style of game down stretch ? Or rely on pure chance that when I send my guy out to the faceoff to lineup with the other teams Enforcer it's just on pure luck, only to have a depth non fighter guy or power forward drop the gloves instead......

Last edited by Rob316; 04-28-2013 at 11:43 AM.
Old 04-29-2013, 02:53 PM   #2
sprague
All Star Starter

One of the main factors I first started the fight thread a while back and the my concern thread on the main fhm board

the developers are not taking creating accurate hockey seriously

hate to say it rob but don't expect to see this for years if at all...
unless you want to have a simulation of hockey in the swedish elite league

Last edited by sprague; 04-29-2013 at 02:56 PM.
Old 04-30-2013, 03:37 AM   #3
zIKANEIz
Bat Boy

After all the posts on this form by Sprague I would really like to see him create an accurate game becuase you know he was a coach and all.
Old 04-30-2013, 11:02 AM   #4
Big T
Hall Of Famer

I think the whole Beta process was to simply have as many users finding the bugs and helping the developers continue to polish the product for a September release. I can understand that different people have different opinionss as to where the game should be on April 30th, 2013 and have expectations as to what should be worked on and in which priority for there own reasons.....

But the bottom line is that I will continue to support the development of the product and save judgement for September when the product is officially released, until then I will simply watch and enjoy the progress as like everyone else on these forums, I do not need to understand what needs to be fixed before something else can be worked on..... I am not a game developer.
Old 04-30-2013, 05:19 PM   #5
Rob316
Minors (Single A)

Very well said Big T. Like a lot of you, I've paid the OOTP franchise my money in "supporting" the game and reporting back on bugs and offering opinion's in a attempt to help the game succeed to it's fullest. Being patient is definitely key, and we can do nothing but wait and continue to test the games development as we all have been.

They have they're priorities in place and as already mentioned by you, my final judgement will come September when the game is finally released as well. Hopefully by then the players are coded into playing they're roles especially when it comes to the physical side of the game and not manipulated into playing a "softer" themed style of play as seen in the European countries and seen so far as of patch 0.9.19.

They are making Historical gameplay available... Great! Historically teams were more physical in the past, and if the state of the game were to progress from here as a "soft" approach to ignoring the way these players play as of now in my Beta test's and from the even more physical style they played in the past then the overall consensus of what I've seen so far would only further my speculation on developers bastardizing the whole physical side of hockey in general. If this isn't the case then perhaps a developer should prove me wrong ?

Without making a mountain out of a molehill here today, I'll keep offering my advice and input as this game will hopefully become all I "think" it can and do my part in helping it progress thru the Beta stage.
Old 05-02-2013, 05:08 AM   #6
Parker27
Minors (Single A)

Well said Rob

Fighting is still big part in NHL or North American hockey. I like physical team like Toronto, Boston etc. If this element is not part in this game i have to quit playing this. But i still think that this is minor thing and easy to fix when the big things in game are done.

But id like to hear what developer thinks fighting and this element in their game.