Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Mods

Old 05-17-2004, 08:03 PM   #41
Tiger Fan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally posted by Cardinal Rule
I could be wrong since I don't have the game on my notebook but don't you have to have an even number of teams in each league?
Not if you use a custom created schedule. The odd number of teams is only a problem in OOTP because of the in-game schedule creator.
Old 05-17-2004, 08:38 PM   #42
jbmagic
Hall Of Famer

so if i wanted to make a 2 leagues, 1 divison in each league with 5 teams each, 162 games.. i can do that if i use a custom schedule or stickware only?

but this will not work in ootp 6 schedule creator..that why it says please use even teams in league setting...

and for the example above what you recommend stickware or a custom schedule...if custom anyone have a good above?

thanks
Old 05-19-2004, 11:37 PM   #43
Hank Greenberg
Major Leagues

Back to the top.
Old 05-20-2004, 01:48 PM   #44
rdomico
All Star Reserve

Before I attempt to create this schedule myself, dos anyone have a schedule similar to this?

24 Teams. 2 Leagues. 3 Divisions in each league.

Play your division 22 times
Play other divisions in your league 12 times

(22 X 3) + (12 X 8) = 162 total games

thanks
Old 05-20-2004, 08:01 PM   #45
Le Grande Orange
Hall Of Famer

1987 MLB schedule files

26 teams, 14 teams in one league, 12 in the other. 162 game schedule.

AL: two 7 team divisions.
78 divisional games (13 against each of the 6 divisional rivals).
84 interdivisional games (12 against each of the 7 teams in the other division).

NL: two 6 team divisions.
90 divisional games (18 games against each of the 5 divisional rivals).
72 interdivisional games (12 against each of the 6 teams in the other division).

Settings for 1987:
Year starts on: Thursday
Season starts: April 6 (Monday)
All-Star Game: July 14 (Tuesday) at AL (Oakland)

Note that the All-Star Game is NOT entered in the schedule files; it will have to be added manually after you import the schedule.

The attached zip file contains two schedule CSV files for the 1987 MLB season.

The file called "1987exact" contains the exact copy of the original 1987 schedule. You will see some odd off days for a couple of the teams, such as San Diego getting two Saturdays off, for example. However, this was the way the original schedule was laid out and are not mistakes.

IMPORTANT NOTE: There are 8 doubleheaders in the original schedule. Again, this was the way the schedule was originally planned and are not a mistake. The doubleheaders are:

Sun. Apr. 19: HOU at CIN (day-day)
Sun. June 7: PIT at NYN (day-day)
Sun. June 21: TEX at OAK (day-day)
Sat. June 27: MIN at TEX (twilight-night)
Sun. July 26: SLN at SFN (day-day)
Sun. Aug. 9: CIN at SFN (day-day)
Fri. Aug. 14: CIN at SDN (twilight-night)
Thu. Sept. 17: CIN at LAN (twilight-night)

Doubleheaders do work fine in OOTP6, with one exception: sometimes you will see the same pitcher starting both games. This is because OOTP does not update fatigue until the end of the day, rather than at the end of each game, and as a result the game doesn't see the pitcher as tired for the second game.

This can be avoided by using strict rotation and simming the games on the day of a doubleheader one at a time. After you finish the first game, the pitcher for the second game should then be incremented correctly. If it doesn't, you may have to manually set the starter for the game. The other thing to note is to not use the out-of-town scoreboard when you are playing out a game on a day with a doubleheader, as it can cause problems. Since there are few doubleheaders, leaving them in shouldn't be too much of an issue.

However, I've also included in the zip a file named "1987nodh" where I removed these 8 doubleheaders while trying as much as possible to preserve the essence of the original schedule. In most cases I was able to move the second game to an appropriate off day, a day originally idle when the teams met in an earlier or later series. Unfortunately, for the Minnesota-Texas twin bill, there was no acceptable date; the best one would've meant Texas playing 31 days in a row, well in excess of the 20 day rule. So, I was forced to swap the home teams in a series between the clubs in order to provide the needed extra day. The TEX at MIN series of Sept. 22-23-24 became MIN at TEX, and then I added a game on Sept. 21 to remove the doubleheader. The MIN at TEX series on Sept. 28-29-30 became TEX at MIN.

However, other than that change in home teams, the schedule looks very close to the original version, and still includes the occasional odd off day and so forth.

Game times for both files have had day games set as 1 p.m. and night games as 7 p.m. in local time, and then were adjusted for time zones to bring all times into their correct Eastern Time value. For the doubleheaders, 1 p.m. and 4 p.m. local times were for the day twin bills and 5 p.m and 8 p.m. for the twilight-night affairs, and again were subsequently adjusted for time zones.

Enjoy!

EDIT: Whoops, the no doubleheader file version contained one doubleheader - I forgot to delete the second game after adding it in as a single game further down in the schedule. If you want to use the no doubleheader version please download the file again, as I've updated the attachment accordingly.

Or, you can fix it yourself easily enough in the CSV file you dowloaded. Just go to Sat. June 27 and delete one of the two MIN at TEX (11 at 14) games listed on that date, then change the time of the remaining game to 8. Save the changes and you should be good to go. You can also make this change inside OOTP itself in the schedule editor if you want.
Attached Files
File Type: zip 1987schedules.zip (17.4 KB, 419 views)

Last edited by Le Grande Orange; 05-21-2004 at 12:30 AM.
Old 05-20-2004, 09:49 PM   #46
Cowboys3356
All Star Starter

This will be an awesome addition to my 1987 League File. One thing I noticed is that Minnesota & Texas each play 163 games instead of 162. I assumed this was incorrect so I just deleted the Sept 21st game between the two teams and everything was fine.

Thanks to Le Grande Orange for his hard work on this!
Old 05-21-2004, 12:40 AM   #47
Le Grande Orange
Hall Of Famer

If anyone was using the 1987 no doubleheader version file, please re-read the post as I have edited it. I made a little boo-boo and accidentally left in a doubleheader for MIN at TEX (this is why Cowboys got 163 games for the two teams).

I've updated the attachment in the original announcement post so that it has the correct file.

Sorry about that...
Old 05-22-2004, 05:17 PM   #48
gmo
Hall Of Famer

24 team, 162 game schedule

2 leagues, 2 divisions per league, 6 teams per division
90 games in the division (18 per opponent)
72 games outside division (12 per opponent)
no interleague games

Tigerfan posted a schedule for this league format and games distribution earlier in this thread. Just posting this one too since I made it for a league of mine.

See the comments at the top of the file for a few more details.

EDIT (2005/01/02): Attached also now is an updated version of this schedule. Either version will work, but the newer "adjusted" version includes some changes to clear out extended homestands & roadtrips and add a bit more variety to the layout of the offdays. The updated one is the one I recommend, but I am leaving the other version up since it still works just fine.
Attached Files
File Type: txt ootp6schedule24team_226un.txt (24.2 KB, 603 views)
File Type: txt ootp6schedule24team_226un_adjusted.txt (24.5 KB, 639 views)

Last edited by gmo; 01-03-2005 at 02:36 AM.
Old 05-22-2004, 05:20 PM   #49
gmo
Hall Of Famer

2 leagues, 3 divisions per league, 4 teams per division
66 games in the division (22 per opponent)
96 games outside division (12 per opponent)
no interleague games

EDIT 2005/03/06: The 2nd version of the file ("2") was added. The number of games are the same in each version, and both work just fine. But the layout is probably slightly superior in the new second version, so if one was picking only one, that may be a better choice.
Attached Files
File Type: txt ootp6schedule24team_234un.txt (24.3 KB, 599 views)
File Type: txt ootp6schedule24team_234un_2.txt (24.0 KB, 623 views)

Last edited by gmo; 03-07-2005 at 02:56 AM.
Old 05-22-2004, 05:59 PM   #50
rdomico
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally posted by gmo

2 leagues, 3 divisions per league, 4 teams per division
66 games in the division (22 per opponent)
96 games outside division (12 per opponent)
no interleague games

Thank you so much
Old 05-22-2004, 09:42 PM   #51
Jermanfu
All Star Reserve

gmo, this latest schedule is PERFECT. I've been hoping someone would make a schedule like this format. Fits in great with my solo league.

http://s10.photobucket.com/albums/a121/Jermanfu/

Old 05-22-2004, 10:02 PM   #52
Le Grande Orange
Hall Of Famer

Game Start Times suggestions

Just wanted to make this note about the start times for games in the schedules and whether they are day or night contests. I've noticed some have opted to make all the games night games, and while certainly an easy choice to implement, technically it is somewhat unrealistic.

A good rule of thumb for setting start times for teams in a current era schedule file would be:
  • Monday through Friday games are night games.
  • Saturday games are around 50% day games and 50% night games.
  • Sunday games are day games.
If you want to be a bit more detailed, then some weekday games are also day games. These are usually on getaway days, that is, the last day of a series a team is playing at home when the next day the team is playing on the road. In practice, in most cases this works out to be a Thursday.

The real rules spell out the requirements for start times based on distance travelled and so forth, but a good rule of thumb to echo this day game getaway day feature would be:

Any game on a getaway day where the home team is to be playing the next day on the road against a team in another division should be set as a day game.

Just a little something I wanted to mention...
Old 05-23-2004, 04:05 AM   #53
Le Grande Orange
Hall Of Famer

1941 Southern Association & Texas League schedue file

16 teams, 8 teams per league, 1 division per league
154 game balanced schedule (22 games against each of the 7 other teams in the league)
No interleague games.

Settings for 1941:
Year starts on: Wednesday
Season starts: April 10 (Thursday)
All-Star Game: none (no game played between the leagues; the TL did play an internal All-Star Game on July 16).

The schedule file contains the exact original schedules for the Southern Association and Texas League for the 1941 season. There are a few interesting features in these schedules, which is why I thought I'd make them available.

First, as was the case with all minor league schedules, they are quite time compressed. The SA opens on Apr. 10 and closes on Sept. 7, a 151 day season. The TL opens on Apr. 13 and closes on Sept. 7, a 148 day season.

Second, the TL teams play almost constantly throughout the season with no days off, with the clubs getting just 1-4 off days for the entire campaign. The SA, on the other hand, has plenty of off days, but these are the result of playing many doubleheaders. Team average some 25 twin bills each in the SA, and play one almost every Sunday; their counterparts in the TL only average 8 doubleheaders each for the whole season.

Third, there are a fair number of Saturday off days in the SA. I'm not entirely sure why that is, but I do recall reading an article on the majors from the early 1940's which mentioned that attendance at Saturday games had decreased markedly in recent years. It was almost to the point that some teams were drawing better for a weeknight game than they were for a Saturday afternoon contest. Perhaps this same problem was afflicting some of the minor leagues and thus some teams preferred to schedule an weeknight game or twin bill over a Saturday day game.

The schedules for the minor leagues rarely indicate whether games are day or night contests, so I had to extrapolate this somewhat when designating the start times. Starting with the second full week of the season, I used the following rule-of-thumb which approximates reasonably well the tendancies of the era in the minors:
  • Monday through Friday games were set as night games.
  • Saturday, Sunday, and holiday games were set as day games.
The times specifically were 2 p.m. local time for day games and 8 p.m. local for night games, which were then corrected for the time zones to generate proper Eastern times. Day doubleheaders had their times set at 1 p.m. and 4 p.m. local, while twi-night twin bills were set as 5 p.m. and 8 p.m. local time. The times were then adjusted for the time zone of the host city.

Both the SA and TL used the Shaughnessey playoff system, which saw the top four teams in each league entering into a postseason playoff. The first round was a best-of-5 while the championship was a best-of-7. The two league champions then met in the best-of-7 Dixie Series. OOTP will only let you take the top 2 teams from a division into a postseason playoff round, but that is at least half of the way to what was really done. Alternatively, you could split each league into two 4 team divisions while retaining the actual schedule. This would allow you to get 4 teams into the postseason, though of course you have divisions which didn't really exist. But by using the actual schedule and ignoring those divisions when it comes to your standings and such, it comes reasonably close to the real playoffs (though you may not truly have the top 4 out of 8 teams).

In any event the choice is yours.

Enjoy!
Attached Files
File Type: txt 1941 sa-tl exact.txt (23.4 KB, 566 views)

Last edited by Le Grande Orange; 05-23-2004 at 05:24 AM.
Old 05-24-2004, 02:34 AM   #54
Le Grande Orange
Hall Of Famer

1924 American Association & International League schedule file

16 teams, 8 teams per league, 1 division per league
168 game balanced schedule (24 games against each of the 7 other teams in the league)
No interleague games

Settings for 1924:

Season starts: April 15 (Tuesday)
All-Star Game: none

This schedule file contains the exact original schedules for the American Association and International League for the 1924 season. I thought I'd offer another example of a minor league schedule.

As with the 1941 SA-TL season, the 1924 campaign takes place over a shorter time period than would a major league schedule playing the same number of games. The AA opens on Tue. April 15, with the IL opening a day later. Both leagues finish up the regular season on Sun. Sept. 28. The two league pennant winners then met in the best-of-9 Junior World Series.

To fit in the 168 games into the 166/167 day season, there are naturally a fair number of doubleheaders played. The teams in both leagues averaged just slightly over 9 doubleheaders each. The main exception was the Toronto Maple Leafs of the IL, who played 17 for the season, due to the fact that the club was not legally allowed to play Sunday games at home. (It was the only club in either league still playing with that restriction; it wasn't until the 1950 season that the team was finally permitted to play Sunday games at home.)

Since night games in the minors were still 6 years away, all games are of course day contests. The times have been set to 3 p.m. local and then adjusted for the time zone of the host city. Doubleheaders begin at either 1 p.m. or 2 p.m. local time, with the second game set to start three hours later.

While both the AA and IL were to play 168 game schedules for a few more years, 1924 was the only year in which the IL stretched out its season to almost the same calendar length as the AA. In the years prior and in the subsequent years, the IL returned to a shorter calendar length, squeezing in its 168 games in just 159 days. The result was that the IL finished its regular season a week before the AA did.

Enjoy!
Attached Files
File Type: txt 1924 aa-il exact.txt (28.9 KB, 586 views)
Old 05-25-2004, 12:27 AM   #55
gmo
Hall Of Famer

10 team, 162 game schedule

1 league, 2 divisions, 5 teams per division
---OR---
2 leagues, 1 division in each, 5 teams per division

92 games in the division (23 per opponent)
70 games outside division (14 per opponent)

See the comments at the top of the file for more details.

EDIT 2005/01/30 - A second version of the file (a2) was added. The exact layout of the games is different but the number of matchups are exactly the same.
Attached Files
File Type: txt ootp6schedule10team_25u.txt (10.7 KB, 601 views)
File Type: txt ootp6schedule10team_25_a2.txt (10.3 KB, 566 views)

Last edited by gmo; 01-30-2005 at 10:22 PM.
Old 05-25-2004, 12:31 AM   #56
gmo
Hall Of Famer

20 team, 162 game schedule

2 leagues, 2 divisions in each, 5 teams per division

92 games in the division (23 per opponent)
70 games outside division against other teams in league (14 per opponent)

See the comments at the top of the file for more details.

As you could probably guess, this is the same template as the above 10 team schedule, just doubled-up to work with two 10 team leagues.

EDIT 2005/01/30 - A second version of the file (a2) was added. The exact layout of the games is different but the number of matchups are exactly the same. It also is just a doubling-up of the second version of the above 10-team schedule.
Attached Files
File Type: txt ootp6schedule20team_225un.txt (20.9 KB, 664 views)
File Type: txt ootp6schedule20team_225un_a2.txt (20.5 KB, 706 views)

Last edited by gmo; 01-30-2005 at 10:24 PM.
Old 05-28-2004, 12:25 AM   #57
gmo
Hall Of Famer

30 team, 165 game schedule

2 leagues, 3 divisions per league, 5 teams per division
60 games in the division (15 per opponent)
60 games outside division (6 per opponent)
45 interleague games (3 per opponent)

See the comments at the top of the file for more details. This is a rather unusual schedule in a few ways.

It matches up to Muzamba's format A request earlier in the thread, except I put the first games on Friday. If you know your way around a spreadsheet, this isn't too tough to adjust. This thread may be helpful for that.
Attached Files
File Type: txt ootp6schedule30team165_235u.txt (31.9 KB, 685 views)

Last edited by gmo; 06-29-2004 at 01:16 AM.
Old 05-28-2004, 06:09 PM   #58
Le Grande Orange
Hall Of Famer

1986 MLB schedule files

26 teams, 14 teams in one league, 12 in the other. 162 game schedule.

AL: two 7 team divisions.
78 divisional games (13 against each of the 6 divisional rivals).
84 interdivisional games (12 against each of the 7 teams in the other division).

NL: two 6 team divisions.
90 divisional games (18 games against each of the 5 divisional rivals).
72 interdivisional games (12 against each of the 6 teams in the other division).

Settings for 1986:
Season starts: April 7 (Monday)
All-Star Game: July 15 (Tuesday) at NL (Houston)

Note that the All-Star Game is NOT entered in the schedule files; you'll have to add it manually after you import the schedule.

The attached zip file contains two schedule CSV files for the 1986 MLB season, one the exact copy of the actual 1986 MLB original schedule, and the other a slightly modified version of the schedule which removes the doubleheaders.

The file called "1986exact" contains the exact copy of the original 1986 schedule.

There are 9 doubleheaders in the original schedule:

Sun. May 4: CHN at SFN (day-day)
Sat. June 7: SEA at TEX (twilight-night)
Sun. June 8: CIN at SFN (day-day)
Sun. June 15: PIT at NYN (day-day)
Sun. June 22: HOU at SFN (day-day)
Sun. June 29: ML4 at DET (day-day)
Sun. July 20: ML4 at OAK (day-day)
Sun. Aug. 10: MIN at OAK (day-day)
Fri. Aug. 15: CHN at MON (twilight-night)

The file "1986nodh" has these 9 doubleheaders removed while trying as much as possible to preserve the essence of the original schedule. In most cases I was able to move the second game to an appropriate off day, a day originally idle when the teams met in an earlier or later series. Unfortunately, for the Milwaukee-Detroit twin bill, there were no acceptable dates. So, I was forced to swap the home teams in a series between the clubs in order to provide the needed extra day. However, other than that, the schedule looks very close to the original version, and still includes the occasional odd off day and so forth.

Game times for both files have had day games set as 1 p.m. and night games as 7 p.m. in local time, and then were adjusted for time zones to bring all times into their correct Eastern Time value. For the doubleheaders, 1 p.m. and 4 p.m. local times were for the day twin bills and 5 p.m and 8 p.m. for the twilight-night affairs, and again were subsequently adjusted for time zones.

Enjoy!
Attached Files
File Type: zip 1986schedules.zip (17.8 KB, 431 views)
Old 05-31-2004, 12:43 PM   #59
goroyals
All Star Reserve

Wow, great work guys. Does anyone have a 12-team (2 leagues of 6), 140-game, non-interleague file?
Old 05-31-2004, 07:57 PM   #60
Vris
Hall Of Famer

You mean, how the schedule was in 1901? I think it's on the first page. I know I've seen it around.

Blog it.