Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 05-02-2019, 06:18 PM   #21
Dunzie
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleineBiere View Post

Kinda boring...but won the WS last season

Surprised if that was your first! That's a heck of a roster...
Dunzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 03:35 AM   #22
Findest2001
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
I am confused... didn't you say he was better than Arenado and Machado for two seasons? That doesn't sound like sucking to me.

Only when I don't play him as a super-sub-type. For some reason when he plays every day at one position he does terrible, but have him start 1 game each at every position then have a few days off, and he's masterful.
Findest2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 12:19 PM   #23
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

have you tried just setting a lineup and letting it run for a full season or two? you seem to over-manage and make changes based on just a few weeks of games
dkgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 05:53 PM   #24
Findest2001
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkgo View Post
have you tried just setting a lineup and letting it run for a full season or two? you seem to over-manage and make changes based on just a few weeks of games

I'm pretty much doing that now. I'm using my PP for packs and to try to make a buck or two on the AH while I don't even check the team other than the standings and if anyone needs rest. Aside from that I'm staying put for a bit. It's not easy to sit on my hands when I have iron cards playing + defense and batting .290 while my diamonds are hitting .140 with -1.4 WAR and OPS+ in the teens more than 100 games into the season. It completely defies any sense of rational observation.
Old 05-05-2019, 08:58 PM   #25
Camelsback
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I Agree

[QUOTE=Dunzie;4482690]Might be worth setting up your park and manager settings the way you think fits best and walking away for the week. I sometimes wonder if players need to be given time left alone to get on track. If you’re frustrated maybe letting the game run its course for a few days will surprise you. There are some undisclosed variables the programmers won’t tell us about. Maybe it’s part of keeping the group together?

-------
I've had teams struggling to stay in the pennant race, until I make a minor "upgrade" or two...then they spiral into 4th place and I'm back to my old "Collect PP by coming out of slumps" strategy. Which, BTW, is not recommended. Sorry you have experienced it , but I'm glad it may not just be my bad luck/paranoia at work.
Camelsback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 07:53 AM   #26
KleineBiere
Minors (Double A)

The numbers are stable - Example: 2018 Lindor

KleineBiere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 12:33 AM   #27
Dunzie
All Star Reserve

That's awesome stuff... not sure how you captured it, but any chance you have the same thing for pitching??
Dunzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 09:31 AM   #28
KleineBiere
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunzie View Post
but any chance you have the same thing for pitching??

Old 05-12-2019, 11:08 PM   #29
Findest2001
All Star Reserve

I'm proud of all my teams. All 3 have now made it to gold, with my Future Legend team making Diamond tonight! Highest Ive ever been. I know it's going to be tough. I couldn't have done it without all the help in here. Thanks guys and gals
Old 05-30-2019, 03:41 PM   #30
KleineBiere
Minors (Double A)