Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 19 - General Discussions Everything about the 2018 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 01-01-2019, 09:08 PM   #1
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

What Causes the Game to Skip Preseason Predictions?

I just converted l very long-running league from OOTP12 to OOTP19.

OOTP19 didn't run the Preseason Predictions even though I enabled it.

Old Reliable OOTP12 never failed to do it in 30 or 40 seasons.

Any ideas about how to fix it?

Would appreciate your help and comments.

Thank you... and a Very Happy New Year!
Eugene Church is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 01:07 PM   #2
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

is this a recent change from previous versions, maybe? used to autogenerate if you didn't by opening day, but now it does not? in recent memory i have to generate the report or it doesn't get made.

workaround -- set up a reminder in GM-office? persistent reminder each year anytime safely before opening day or your prefered date to generate the report.

it's just part of my SOP before i sim opening day. i do forget on occasion, of course. so, i know it's not auto-generated.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 01:33 PM   #3
BirdWatcher
Hall Of Famer

I just started a new season in my fictional save recently. I am using OOTP19 and have Preseason Predictions enabled.
When I move to Opening Day the game automatically generates Preseason Predictions. Nothing needed on my part except to access them in the appropriate place.
Not sure what is happening for you but I'm quite positive, at least from my personal experience, that this still works the way it did in previous versions (well, version, anyway, as I was new to OOTP with OOTP18.)
BirdWatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 04:43 PM   #4
Drstrangelove
Major Leagues

If you leave Preseason Predictions set as "on demand", I assume it generate at all unless you select it. Iirc, that's default. You have to toggle "automatic" I believe to get it to work automatically. No idea now OOTP 12 did it or if that was even optional. I like to leave it as on demand because I want to be sure all the teams (mine included) are ready when I choose it.

Last edited by Drstrangelove; 01-02-2019 at 04:46 PM.
Drstrangelove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 09:49 PM   #5
scott1964
Hall Of Famer

I have had this several times over in my dynasty thread. II post a bug on this several months ago. Nothing could be found on what I sent. I think it was how i changed my number of starting pitchers during spring training from 6 to 3.

PETA.....People Eating Tasty Animals.

scott1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 03:14 AM   #6
Tyke
All Star Starter

I have mine set to "Automatic" but it still seems to skip one now and then.
Tyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 01:11 PM   #7
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

I recently converted my long-running IPA league from OOTP12 to OOTP19... this may have had something to do with it.

Thanks for all the replies and advice.

It is set by default to run ever year... but I will make sure it does it prior to the start of the new season.

That was a good suggestion to post a reminder to generate it should it not be done by the AI.

I like to use the Preseason Predictions to help me write the Season Preview for my Dynasty League Report on the OOTP Dynasty Forum.
Old 01-04-2019, 01:30 PM   #8
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Some things to watch out for:
-If you already have a report in the news/html/leagues (?) folder, then in pre-season we won't generate a new one. I don't remember when this folder gets cleared.
-If you go to the page in spring training and it doesn't generate a new report, go to that folder above, delete the old file, and go back to the prediction page in-game. It should regenerate it.
-The game will force generation on opening day if you have the option set, even if there was a file there, I think, so if you manually generate a prediction in spring, and then go back after opening day, it may be different.
-Prediction report will be done based on how the rosters are currently set. So if your top RF is hurt and on the DL, he won't play in the prediction report. So don't trust it too much
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 07:07 PM   #9
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
Some things to watch out for:
-If you already have a report in the news/html/leagues (?) folder, then in pre-season we won't generate a new one. I don't remember when this folder gets cleared.
-If you go to the page in spring training and it doesn't generate a new report, go to that folder above, delete the old file, and go back to the prediction page in-game. It should regenerate it.
-The game will force generation on opening day if you have the option set, even if there was a file there, I think, so if you manually generate a prediction in spring, and then go back after opening day, it may be different.
-Prediction report will be done based on how the rosters are currently set. So if your top RF is hurt and on the DL, he won't play in the prediction report. So don't trust it too much
Thanks, Matt.

This info is much appreciated.
Old 01-05-2019, 01:43 PM   #10
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdWatcher View Post
I just started a new season in my fictional save recently. I am using OOTP19 and have Preseason Predictions enabled.
When I move to Opening Day the game automatically generates Preseason Predictions. Nothing needed on my part except to access them in the appropriate place.
Not sure what is happening for you but I'm quite positive, at least from my personal experience, that this still works the way it did in previous versions (well, version, anyway, as I was new to OOTP with OOTP18.)
Yes, it worked very well in OOTP12... it was always generated every season... never miss doing one time in 58 seasons.

Hope it works this well in OOTP19, too.

Thanks for the reply and help.