Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 19 - General Discussions Everything about the 2018 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 12-22-2018, 11:35 AM   #1
chriskelly
All Star Reserve

fictional setup

I'm sorry I'm too stupid to figure things out on my own, but I don't want to screw it up! I want to start a league in 1980, same format / team names / minors structure, etc, but with fictional players. I'm going to start with a draft. What would really be cool would be to use the same players, but replace all real names with fictional names. but, if I do this, I'd want the same to be true of future draftees, so I have no name recognition.

Can I do this?
If now, how do I start a fictional in 1980 using real team names / minors / etc?
chriskelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 05:51 PM   #2
cbbl
All Star Starter

I'm not sure about this, but could you start a historical league and then use the randomize player names function? I can't say for sure because I only play fictional, so you'd have to experiment.
Old 12-27-2018, 01:18 PM   #3
Willie M
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskelly View Post
I'm sorry I'm too stupid to figure things out on my own, but I don't want to screw it up! I want to start a league in 1980, same format / team names / minors structure, etc, but with fictional players. I'm going to start with a draft. What would really be cool would be to use the same players, but replace all real names with fictional names. but, if I do this, I'd want the same to be true of future draftees, so I have no name recognition.

Can I do this?
If now, how do I start a fictional in 1980 using real team names / minors / etc?

Start a historical league. Go into settings, turn off auto import real rookies. Turn on create fictional rookies (I can give you exact screens tonight if needed).

From there, go to LIST ALL PLAYERS, select all, right click delete (make sure it's all players including minors, not just batters or pitchers).

Then go into settings for the MLB, fill team with fictional players. Change the league to AAA, fill teams with fictional players, so on etc. until you have enough players for all the leagues you want.
Willie M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018, 10:53 AM   #4
Hrycaj
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie M View Post
Start a historical league. Go into settings, turn off auto import real rookies. Turn on create fictional rookies (I can give you exact screens tonight if needed).

From there, go to LIST ALL PLAYERS, select all, right click delete (make sure it's all players including minors, not just batters or pitchers).

Then go into settings for the MLB, fill team with fictional players. Change the league to AAA, fill teams with fictional players, so on etc. until you have enough players for all the leagues you want.
The above method works. An alternate method is to choose a year 20 to 30 years before you want to start and turn off auto import real rookies and turn on create fictional rookies. The difference here being that you can let your fictional players co-mingle with the real players and by the time you get to your start date the league is completely fictional but your fictional players now have histories within the league. Really a matter of preference. Both methods probably take about the same amount of time. Maybe a little more with the method I shared depending on how fast you sim the seasons.

https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/showthread.php?t=326812
Hrycaj is offline   Reply With Quote