Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: New to the game?
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Earlier versions of OOTP: New to the game? A place for all new Out of the Park Baseball fans to ask questions about the game.

Old 08-05-2012, 12:54 PM   #21
TheComish
Minors (Rookie Ball)

does this have anything to do with my saved game files because they are in a completely different folder
TheComish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 01:17 PM   #22
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheComish View Post
does this have anything to do with my saved game files because they are in a completely different folder
I don't think so. When you 1st created the league, you selected the master.cvs correct? Now it can't find the DB? It seems like keeping the DB in the OOTP 13 main folder is confusing the game. When the game looks for the DB it will look for the entire folder not just the master.cvs
The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 01:36 PM   #23
TheComish
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Yes I selected the extracted master.csv file from the .rar db to a folder and pointed it to master.csv on creation of league.

This is where I'm at:
I have all the files from the spritz db at this location

\Documents\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 13\OOTP 12 Spritz-Gambo DB

In game points to location on loadout:
\Documents\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 13

Since I can't save the game it still points to my old location when I reload the game. It gives me an alert that it can't find the master.csv file. So beforehand I suppose the db might not be problem at all since it recognized it until I removed it from its previous location.

I just don't know why I can load it but can't even save it as soon as its loaded. Maybe it has to do with my save settings/folders?

UPDATE: I copied the files back into the location below and it didn't give me that alert about the master file so does that mean this isn't the problem?

Last edited by TheComish; 08-05-2012 at 01:42 PM. Reason: update
Old 08-05-2012, 01:48 PM   #24
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Yes I selected the extracted master.csv file from the .rar db to a folder and pointed it to master.csv on creation of league.

This is where I'm at:
I have all the files from the spritz db at this location

\Documents\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 13\OOTP 12 Spritz-Gambo DB

In game points to location on loadout:

Since I can't save the game it still points to my old location when I reload the game. It gives me an alert that it can't find the master.csv file. So beforehand I suppose the db might not be problem at all since it recognized it until I removed it from its previous location.

I just don't know why I can load it but can't even save it as soon as its loaded. Maybe it has to do with my save settings/folders?

UPDATE: I copied the files back into the location below and it didn't give me that alert about the master file so does that mean this isn't the problem?

If you want to use the Spritz DB, which has more players then the stock DB you need to copy the line for it and paste it using ctrl-c & ctrl -V. It looks like it loaded the stock DB.
C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Administrator\My Documents\OOTP 11 DL\OOTP 12 Sprirtz-Gambo DB
Thats what mine look like in my OOTP DL saves folder and the SS above shows what mine looks like in game.
Old 08-05-2012, 01:50 PM   #25
TheComish
Minors (Rookie Ball)

so are your league saved_games.dat file in there too? what about the .lg folder?
Old 08-05-2012, 02:08 PM   #26
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
so are your league saved_games.dat file in there too? what about the .lg folder?
No. Your making this too complicated.
Save The DB you want to use somewhere else other then in the OOTP folder.
Start new game. Choose Historical Replay. Select Show Advanced options. click Select Path to Database. Navigate your way to the Spritz DB your using and select the master.cvs. (After you set this you won't have to touch this anymore.) Then setup teh rest of your game as you would like.
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image 
Old 08-05-2012, 11:58 PM   #27
TheComish
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Ok so I re-installed the whole game with the recommended settings and did exactly what you suggested, sim'd the whole 1901 season and half of the 1902 season. Decided to save it and close it down test it loading. Loaded the saved game(recieved 10 errors for missing sub league logo's) but still loaded league. Sim'd 2-3 days of games and tried to save it and I got the same error from earlier, cant find save file. Database is pointing to location of

Documents\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP 13\Spritz-Gambo 12 DB

It has to be something with my saved games files/folders im guessing.
Old 08-06-2012, 03:40 AM   #28
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Ok so I re-installed the whole game with the recommended settings and did exactly what you suggested, sim'd the whole 1901 season and half of the 1902 season. Decided to save it and close it down test it loading. Loaded the saved game(recieved 10 errors for missing sub league logo's) but still loaded league. Sim'd 2-3 days of games and tried to save it and I got the same error from earlier, cant find save file. Database is pointing to location of

Documents\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP 13\Spritz-Gambo 12 DB

It has to be something with my saved games files/folders im guessing.
I don't know what to tell you. I can't figure out what your doing wrong, if anything. I would suggest Pming Spritz or Cody (he's great at technical things) or submitting a ticket.
OOTP Developments - Kayako eSupport Help Desk Software
Edit: I pmed Cody, Spritz, AESP & Mumzumba for help.

Last edited by The Game; 08-06-2012 at 03:48 AM. Reason: edit: sent for help
Old 08-06-2012, 10:12 AM   #29
TheComish
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game View Post
I don't know what to tell you. I can't figure out what your doing wrong, if anything. I would suggest Pming Spritz or Cody (he's great at technical things) or submitting a ticket.
OOTP Developments - Kayako eSupport Help Desk Software
Edit: I pmed Cody, Spritz, AESP & Mumzumba for help.
Thanks Game I really appreciate all of your help, I've submitted a ticket but so far you've been more helpful.