Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: New to the game?
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Earlier versions of OOTP: New to the game? A place for all new Out of the Park Baseball fans to ask questions about the game.

Old 05-10-2011, 10:20 PM   #1
iBrandon
Minors (Triple A)

Fictional League

I am wanting to start a new 16 team fictional league, but I was wondering if there was a template or created fictional teams with logos that I can download to use for my league?

Also, what are the best downloads to add to my league?

Thanks,
Brandon
iBrandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 06:46 AM   #2
SMFXR01
All Star Starter

I hope you like the worms you've just let loose

So.....the only thing you specify is that it has to be a 16 team league.

You don't care from which country?
How many levels of minors?
You are willing use other peoples team names and logos?
( 'cos if you start changing the names...the logos might not fit!)

To answer the easier second question.....
Without doubt if you want to start looking at anything to add into
OOTP try

Main

You may even find the Quickstart you are looking for there.
Or look through the OOTP MOD section of the forum.

Last edited by SMFXR01; 05-11-2011 at 07:22 AM.
SMFXR01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 08:32 AM   #3
Chicagofan76
Banned

Infractions: 2/2 (3)
also try my 16 team ABF League on Padresfan it also features a 12 team Indy League
ABF has 3 levels of minors. indy has reserve rosters and its mostly the scrubs and fringe players from ABF.

Then theres also my 8 team EBL 2000 which takes place on Endor from Return of the Jedi.

As far as there being a template ucan create any # of possibilities in the game when u select custom league and select from 1 of the many drop down options 1 of which is a 16 team league, it will have random names.
then u get the creative teams on here to create logos and uniforms for ya and figure out which parks go best for each team.
Chicagofan76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 08:39 AM   #4
iBrandon
Minors (Triple A)

Ah, I didn't know there was group of people who would create a logos etc for me.

It doesn't have to be a 16 team league. I just wanted to start small and expand as my league moved on.

I may try smaller market teams. IE my home town Waco, TX. I'm having trouble trying to figure out what cities to use and what type of feeder system.

And if there are QuickStart/templates I can use with logos, etc I would just do that as the city names are not a huge deal. What other cosmetics face lifts can I use? Fictional stadiums, banners, etc...

Thanks for the replies.

Last edited by iBrandon; 05-11-2011 at 08:56 AM.
Old 05-11-2011, 09:06 AM   #5
iBrandon
Minors (Triple A)

The GBA fictional QuickStart would be great, but can I change settings in the league? Like adding finances, changing rating scales etc?
Old 05-11-2011, 11:36 PM   #6
Chicagofan76
Banned

I tend to use a ton of Teflon and Blueturf parks, especially in my Endor league in my ABF most parks r from MLB history.

I have created many small leagues to see them develop into bigger leagues
I use a ton of small things for my leagues to make them great but the core is the uniforms for me.I had mnay people do the uniforms for my endor League, Germ Vimage, Marberi, Davwms a few others....Alsop check out No Peppers negro League set its great for an old school feel for a small league he also has some great old school D Class minor league uniforms which i think Waco is 1 of them.
Old 05-12-2011, 07:29 AM   #7
SMFXR01
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBrandon View Post
The GBA fictional QuickStart would be great, but can I change settings in the league? Like adding finances, changing rating scales etc?
As soon as you've brought the Quickstart into OOTP you will be able to go in and start to change the settings.

Even after a few years (game time) you can go back into the setup and tweak things if you find the need.

Last edited by SMFXR01; 05-12-2011 at 07:32 AM.
SMFXR01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 10:47 AM   #8
iBrandon
Minors (Triple A)

So I download the QuickStart files, but how do I get them to work? Which folders do I place them in?

Thanks.
Old 05-12-2011, 11:02 AM   #9
mjj55409
All Star Starter

My first guess would be the quickstart_games folder, you think? But reading the manual is also a very good idea.
Old 05-12-2011, 11:27 AM   #10
iBrandon
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjj55409 View Post
My first guess would be the quickstart_games folder, you think? But reading the manual is also a very good idea.
I tried that folder, but the league I downloaded didn't work. Let me try the manual. Thanks.
Old 05-12-2011, 12:30 PM   #11
ukhotstove
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Ah, I didn't know there was group of people who would create a logos etc for me.

It doesn't have to be a 16 team league. I just wanted to start small and expand as my league moved on.

I may try smaller market teams. IE my home town Waco, TX. I'm having trouble trying to figure out what cities to use and what type of feeder system.

And if there are QuickStart/templates I can use with logos, etc I would just do that as the city names are not a huge deal. What other cosmetics face lifts can I use? Fictional stadiums, banners, etc...

Thanks for the replies.
Brandon one of the most helpful groups of people on the boards are the logo makers (MODS in general), over the years I must have put in requests for near to 100 logos and never been turned down yet. Just give them a bit of time if you put up any requests and somebody will either come up with an already made logo or make a new one for you.

You could even look through the photo buckets and sites that some of them have, you'd be spoilt for choice with 1,000's of logos, uniforms and such within them.
ukhotstove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 12:40 PM   #12
iBrandon
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukhotstove View Post
Brandon one of the most helpful groups of people on the boards are the logo makers (MODS in general), over the years I must have put in requests for near to 100 logos and never been turned down yet. Just give them a bit of time if you put up any requests and somebody will either come up with an already made logo or make a new one for you.

You could even look through the photo buckets and sites that some of them have, you'd be spoilt for choice with 1,000's of logos, uniforms and such within them.
Thanks!

I was going to try the Grassroots Quick Start, but I got an error that it only works with OOTP?

I think I'll just go the ABA quickstart, seems to be good enough for me.
Old 05-12-2011, 02:34 PM   #13
iBrandon
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicagofan76 View Post
also try my 16 team ABF League on Padresfan it also features a 12 team Indy League
ABF has 3 levels of minors. indy has reserve rosters and its mostly the scrubs and fringe players from ABF.

Not sure how I missed this the first time, but I just downloaded this quickstart and I love it.

Thanks!
Old 05-12-2011, 03:22 PM   #14
Chicagofan76
Banned

Quote:
Not sure how I missed this the first time, but I just downloaded this quickstart and I love it.

Thanks!
which team did u take on?

ques about 1 of the other QS's u tried u said it only works with OOTP which version r u playing, 11?
from what i noticed and what my buddy Kev24Fan has told me, some of the files dont transfer well if they were created on PC which I have and the person playing the file has a MAC and vice versa.

Also poss dumb question but when u unzipped the .rar or zip files and placed it into the Quickstarts folder did ya make sure the QS that ur trying to play says League Name.quick. I have had issues with certain QS's also but sometimes it was a case on me not unzipping it properly. Not sure if that was the case with u.
Old 05-12-2011, 03:50 PM   #15
Marberi
All Star Reserve

Quote:
ques about 1 of the other QS's u tried u said it only works with OOTP which version r u playing, 11?
from what i noticed and what my buddy Kev24Fan has told me, some of the files dont transfer well if they were created on PC which I have and the person playing the file has a MAC and vice versa.
In addition to this, it'd seem like OOTP 11 has some kind of glitch concerning quickstarts, because every time I try to upload one, the game just crashes. I never had this problem with previous versions and I've ran them in Mac and PC both.

What I do to deal w/this or any other problems with QS, is create a new folder with the quickstart's name on it, followed by the extension .lg. Then I place this new file on the "saved games" folder and copy all the files contained in the quickstart there. Never fails.
Marberi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 05:02 PM   #16
iBrandon
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
which team did u take on?

Also poss dumb question but when u unzipped the .rar or zip files and placed it into the Quickstarts folder did ya make sure the QS that ur trying to play says League Name.quick. I have had issues with certain QS's also but sometimes it was a case on me not unzipping it properly. Not sure if that was the case with u.
I haven't decided on a team yet. Created the league and was just looking around and I had to run.

Any team you recommend?

I am playing OOTP 11 and got the error that the QuickStart was only for OOTP 10? I'm pretty site the file had quickstart in it.
Old 05-12-2011, 10:55 PM   #17
Chicagofan76
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marberi View Post
In addition to this, it'd seem like OOTP 11 has some kind of glitch concerning quickstarts, because every time I try to upload one, the game just crashes. I never had this problem with previous versions and I've ran them in Mac and PC both.

What I do to deal w/this or any other problems with QS, is create a new folder with the quickstart's name on it, followed by the extension .lg. Then I place this new file on the "saved games" folder and copy all the files contained in the quickstart there. Never fails.
I ahave had crashes with 1-2 of the QS's also forgot which 1. I didnt bother to create the .lg folder for them.

Brandon, Well I play as the Fire and they r stacked, San Jose has Paige & Johnson and usually finish 2nd. San Antonio & Las Vegas r good in the South plus there the AL teams Yankees have Ruth, Cardinals have Hornsby, Moose have Griffey and Pirates have Wagner. But the players in the AL r people who cant hack it in the ABF.
Old 05-12-2011, 11:12 PM   #18
iBrandon
Minors (Triple A)

Ah, okay. I thought the league started with a draft. I'll have to look into the teams. I can start any league with a draft though, correct?

Hopefully I can look into it tonight. I got a newborn baby, so it's either sleep when he sleeps or stay up a bit and be worn out in the morning.
Old 05-12-2011, 11:16 PM   #19
Chicagofan76
Banned

Quote:
Ah, okay. I thought the league started with a draft. I'll have to look into the teams. I can start any league with a draft though, correct?

Hopefully I can look into it tonight. I got a newborn baby, so it's either sleep when he sleeps or stay up a bit and be worn out in the morning.
yeah just release allplayers and schedule a draft...go after Wilbur Duggleby 1st, Luis San Obispo, me, Jason McDaniel, Bobby McGee oh and Walter Johnson he has 4 sns of less then 7 hr given up 1 at 13.
Old 05-12-2011, 11:16 PM   #20
Marberi
All Star Reserve

Quote:
I ahave had crashes with 1-2 of the QS's also forgot which 1. I didnt bother to create the .lg folder for them.
Well, I've had crashes w/all QS I've ever tried to upload in OOTP 11; mostly, leagues I've created myself, while testing them. I did create .lg folders for a couple of QS created by other people (afterburner's WBC and CW's All-Time Greats) and they were definitely worth it.

At any rate, I was just suggesting this to iBrandon, as another option for him to get a QS to work. What QS he may find worth it is, of course, entirely up to him.
Marberi is offline   Reply With Quote