Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: New to the game?

Earlier versions of OOTP: New to the game? A place for all new Out of the Park Baseball fans to ask questions about the game.

Old 07-07-2007, 09:55 AM   #21
1998 Yankees
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
EDIT: Oh yeah, I do want to get a flash drive. I don't even own one. It's a USB hook-up right?? Anyway, about how much do they run????
I recommend you get one of these for backing up your game data. They are really easy to use; just plug in to a USB port, watch the operating system detect it, map to it, declare it ready to use, and drag files to it like it was a folder on your computer.

The price depends on how much storage you want. A 1GB flash drive is cheap these days, under $20. An 8GB flash drive, the biggest that I have seen in stores, runs over $100. This will give you an idea of selection and price range:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw...Go.x=3&Go.y=13

Last edited by 1998 Yankees; 07-07-2007 at 09:58 AM.
1998 Yankees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 12:48 PM   #22
OldFatGuy
All Star Starter

Thanks everyone for all the responses and info. It's Saturday at 12:48 and I'm sitting here typing and staring out at the road in front of my house waiting on the mail man............................
OldFatGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 01:03 PM   #23
Bucman
Bat Boy

Believe me, it's well worth the wait. This is the only game I've played since I got it.
Bucman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 01:30 PM   #24
OldFatGuy
All Star Starter

Ahhhaa, the mailman...... no disc . Man I gotta get a life.
Old 07-07-2007, 01:44 PM   #25
1998 Yankees
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Ahhhaa, the mailman...... no disc . Man I gotta get a life.
Patience, my man. As Bucman says, it will be worth it. You won't need a life after you start playing this game.
Old 07-10-2007, 05:06 PM   #26
OldFatGuy
All Star Starter

Original order date June 27, 2007, 7:20:02 PM GMT, Ive got the printout I made right in front of me. Almost 2 weeks, the CD finally gets here, and instead of OOTP 2007, it's got OOTP 6.5, not to mention no manual like I was promised. I hope OOTP is good about refunds, because that's where I'm headed.

EDIT: Actually, looking at the disc, it includes TB2, ITP, and OOTP 6.5. I ordered and paid for Title Bout Championship Boxing 2 and requested and paid for the backup disc (I DL TB2), and MAYBE this is the disc for that. Problem is, I ordered OOTP 2007 on June 27, while I ordered TB2 on July 1. Don't know why I would get that disc first, something must be wrong. But maybe its not a mix-up on versions of OOTP???? Do they include the setup files for all games just hoping you'll try and buy????

Last edited by OldFatGuy; 07-10-2007 at 05:19 PM.
Old 07-10-2007, 06:10 PM   #27
Kelric
Hall Of Famer

Don't know. Contact OOTP.
Kelric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 10:28 PM   #28
1998 Yankees
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
But maybe its not a mix-up on versions of OOTP???? Do they include the setup files for all games just hoping you'll try and buy????
OFG, I bought the backup disk with OOTP 2007 and on it were OOTP 2006 ( ), Worldwide Soccer Manager, and NHL Eastside Hockey Manager, so you have the right idea about them including the setup files for a bunch of games in the transaction at one time. They hope that you will purchase the license(s) for these games as well.

I am thinking that you got this TB2 disk first for some reason and that OOTP 2007 is still on its way. I hope this is true; make sure you post again if you get the disk that I described. BTW, I got no manual with mine, but I ordered the game very early on.

Hint for management: This guy is eager, quite a few people are reading these posts, and it would not look good for him to be disappointed. Does it make sense to make him a priority and send him his game by express delivery?

Last edited by 1998 Yankees; 07-10-2007 at 10:53 PM.
Old 07-10-2007, 11:17 PM   #29
OldFatGuy
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1998 Yankees View Post
Hint for management: This guy is eager, quite a few people are reading these posts, and it would not look good for him to be disappointed. Does it make sense to make him a priority and send him his game by express delivery?
No, its cool, as now I think I understand that's what happened. No need to express it. Just overreacted because I have SO looking forward to it, and I think it was the TB2 disc I received, as the order number printed on the disc matches the order number for TB2. I still don't understand why the TB2 disc got here before the OOTP disc when I ordered OOTP 4 days earlier, but I'm hoping its because they're taking the time to put the most up to date manual on it.

Anyway, sorry to the company for overeacting, but you really shouldn't make your games so good that people just can't wait to get their hands on 'em.
Old 07-10-2007, 11:56 PM   #30
Who Killed Kenny?
Major Leagues

I just hope for your sake that our wonderful postal service didn't lose it in the mail. Not to bash the postal service because they are only human, but I have had more than one thing get lost in the mail.
Who Killed Kenny? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 12:24 AM   #31
OldFatGuy
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who Killed Kenny? View Post
I just hope for your sake that our wonderful postal service didn't lose it in the mail. Not to bash the postal service because they are only human, but I have had more than one thing get lost in the mail.
Yeah, me to, I'd hate to go postal on em. . But I gotta admit, it's killing me, what's up with the "Who Killed Kenny" name? Please, it's no disresprect, just curiousity.
Old 07-11-2007, 07:32 AM   #32
Curtis
Hall Of Famer

It's a catch phrase from an adult cartoon series of long standing (South Park). The joke is that everybody killed Kenny, 'cause Kenny died nearly every episode.
Curtis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 11:12 AM   #33
1998 Yankees
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
No, its cool, as now I think I understand that's what happened. No need to express it. Just overreacted because I have SO looking forward to it, and I think it was the TB2 disc I received, as the order number printed on the disc matches the order number for TB2. I still don't understand why the TB2 disc got here before the OOTP disc when I ordered OOTP 4 days earlier, but I'm hoping its because they're taking the time to put the most up to date manual on it.

Anyway, sorry to the company for overeacting, but you really shouldn't make your games so good that people just can't wait to get their hands on 'em.
Here's another consideration that just occurred to me. I wonder if they are waiting until the third patch is released? Reading my tea leaves says that it will be soon . . . they may be holding back in order to send you the very latest version . . .
Old 07-11-2007, 01:02 PM   #34
Who Killed Kenny?
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtis View Post
It's a catch phrase from an adult cartoon series of long standing (South Park). The joke is that everybody killed Kenny, 'cause Kenny died nearly every episode.
Yep. And since its also my name I used to get asked "Who killed you?" all the time. ::sigh:: At least its better than getting asked where Barbie is.
Who Killed Kenny? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 03:09 PM   #35
Curtis
Hall Of Famer

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who Killed Kenny? View Post
Yep. And since its also my name I used to get asked "Who killed you?" all the time. ::sigh:: At least its better than getting asked where Barbie is.
You gotta keep that sense of humor, man. It's crucial!
Old 07-11-2007, 04:06 PM   #36
OldFatGuy
All Star Starter

Eureeeka !!! Another disc in the mail today!!! OOTP 2007 ! ! And it included the manual !!

Gee, suddenly I'm not feeling very well. I may be sick the rest of the week.
Old 07-11-2007, 04:09 PM   #37
OldFatGuy
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtis View Post
Didn't know that. I have certainly heard of South Park, but I have never watched a single one of the shows, so sorry for the ignorance.
Old 07-11-2007, 05:26 PM   #38
Curtis
Hall Of Famer

Talking

Quote:
Eureeeka !!! Another disc in the mail today!!! OOTP 2007 ! ! And it included the manual !!

…and we're happy for you!

Need someone to write you an excuse?
Old 07-11-2007, 06:28 PM   #39
1998 Yankees
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

All right! Have fun, OFG! Come on back with any questions.
Old 07-11-2007, 08:15 PM   #40
Bucman
Bat Boy

Glad you finally scored your copy OFG. Hope you enjoy OOTP as much as I am.
Bucman is offline   Reply With Quote