Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 19 - General Discussions Everything about the 2018 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 12-22-2018, 05:52 PM   #1
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Need Conversion Help From One Version to the Next One

I tried to convert OOTP12 to OOTP13, but it did not import the whole league season... after conversion OOTP13 showed the date of the league as October 14, 2058 instead of February 1, 2059.

FYI: I tried years ago to convert from OOTP12 to OOTP13, but it would not convert my almanac properly, so I have been forced to stay with OOTP12 despite purchasing all the latest versions each year.

I ran the last season into the off-season period as the manual said that was the best time to convert.

OOTP12 showed that the current date of the league was February 1, 2059 prior to conversion.

Here's what I did:

(Instructions from the OOTP13 Manual)

Importing OOTP Games
Importing games from OOTP 12 is simple. Just use the following steps:
From the Main page, click on the Import OOTP 12 League button. A file browser window will appear.
Browse to the .lg directory for your old saved game.
Once you have found your game directory, such as 'MyGame.lg,' browse into that folder and find the world.dat file.
Select this file, and then click the Confirm button.
You will be prompted to enter a new name for your imported game file. Enter a name, and then click the Import Now button. Your game will now be converted to the current game format.

But the current league date was incorrect after converting.

Last edited by Eugene Church; 12-22-2018 at 09:25 PM.
Eugene Church is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 05:55 PM   #2
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Also none of my logos and uniforms were converted.

Does the game not keep the logos, caps, and uniforms of the previous version of OOTP that is being converted?

Will I have to install all of them in new version of the game?

Would appreciate your help.
Old 12-23-2018, 10:01 AM   #3
Sweed
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Well trying to remember things from v12 isn't easy, long time ago However I have imported my ongoing game from v4 all the way to v19 with minimal issues.

The date being wrong has never been an issue for me. One thing that comes to mind is there any chance you are pointing the import to a dat file in the auto-backup folder instead of the actual save game folder? Don't know if that's possible but it's the only thing I can think of. IE if your game is set to auto backup once a year at seasons end that dat file would be in the backup folder and could explain the October date? Again v12 is a long time ago and maybe the autobackup feature wasn't part of the game then? Just throwing out an idea

I've never used the almanac as I find my league history contains enough info for me to peruse. So only guessing here too, but I think you could simply copy the files from v12 to v13's almanac folder same as the importer would do.

Manual copying of files for ballparks is something I recall doing in older versions of the game. I know I had to manually do ballpark photos back in the day and maybe(?) even my ballpark factors file.

Logos, caps and unis should be able to be manually moved to the proper folders too. I'd be careful on this one as you move into the MLB licensed versions of OOTP as these could overwrite the real MLB licensed version unis, caps, logos etc. that are included in the game.

Note that this is all from doing my best, trying to recall things from 7 years ago. So before trying any of these fixes PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE make a backup

Sorry Eugene but that's the best I can do. Hopefully others post to confirm what I've said or let you know if\where I'm wrong.

Good luck.
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2018, 02:43 PM   #4
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweed View Post
Well trying to remember things from v12 isn't easy, long time ago However I have imported my ongoing game from v4 all the way to v19 with minimal issues.

The date being wrong has never been an issue for me. One thing that comes to mind is there any chance you are pointing the import to a dat file in the auto-backup folder instead of the actual save game folder? Don't know if that's possible but it's the only thing I can think of. IE if your game is set to auto backup once a year at seasons end that dat file would be in the backup folder and could explain the October date? Again v12 is a long time ago and maybe the autobackup feature wasn't part of the game then? Just throwing out an idea

I've never used the almanac as I find my league history contains enough info for me to peruse. So only guessing here too, but I think you could simply copy the files from v12 to v13's almanac folder same as the importer would do.

Manual copying of files for ballparks is something I recall doing in older versions of the game. I know I had to manually do ballpark photos back in the day and maybe(?) even my ballpark factors file.

Logos, caps and unis should be able to be manually moved to the proper folders too. I'd be careful on this one as you move into the MLB licensed versions of OOTP as these could overwrite the real MLB licensed version unis, caps, logos etc. that are included in the game.

Note that this is all from doing my best, trying to recall things from 7 years ago. So before trying any of these fixes PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE make a backup

Sorry Eugene but that's the best I can do. Hopefully others post to confirm what I've said or let you know if\where I'm wrong.

Good luck.
Sweed, thank you so much for your help... I realize that OOTP12 is a long, long time ago to remember the process... I was just hoping the process hasn't changed very much.
Old 12-23-2018, 03:10 PM   #5
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

I'll contact Tech Support and see if they have a solution.

Thanks for the help.

In the meantime, I'll just continue to use OOTP12.

It looks like I'll just have to create a new dynasty league using OOTP19.
Old 12-24-2018, 05:53 AM   #6
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

fwiw you only need a demo to convert and move along to next release. you can stop buying until it works the way you want, just make sure to download a demo.

i assume it's still available and/or just built into game? not something i have to keep up on, but in your situation, maybe worth looking into.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 11:55 AM   #7
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOne View Post
fwiw you only need a demo to convert and move along to next release. you can stop buying until it works the way you want, just make sure to download a demo.

i assume it's still available and/or just built into game? not something i have to keep up on, but in your situation, maybe worth looking into.
Thanks for the help.
I am aware that I have to go from version 12 to 13, 14, 15, etc. to 19... I have bought them all, so that's no problem... demos for each version can also be used.

I have contacted OOTP Tech Support and they said they will help me find the problem... since it is such an old version, they said the conversion may not be flawless, but most of the time it works... file corruption over the years could be a problem.

Much appreciate your response and help.
Old 12-24-2018, 09:10 PM   #8
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Great News !!!

I finally figured out how to convert OOTP12 to 13... all went very smooth... my complete Almanac for 58 seasons was included this time around.

Basically, here's what I did:

On the Main Screen I chose "IMPORT 00TP12 LEAGUE" Button.
A Browser window appeared... then browsed to lg directory for the old saved game... once I found the game directory, I browsed that saved game folder and found "world.dat".... selected that file and then click "Confirm" button... you will be prompted for a new name for your imported game file... enter the new name (it's can't be the old file name, must be a new one)… then click "Import Now" button.

Since my dynasty has 3,500,000 files, it took about 7 hours to convert... but all went well.

Now for the conversion of 13 to 14... I bought all versions since 12, but deleted 14 and 15... but I understand I can use the demos for 14 and 15 to convert 13 and 14.
Old 12-25-2018, 03:21 AM   #9
Qrusher14242
All Star Starter

Great to hear! i've had a league going from v4 to 19. It's had a few hiccups over the years (i think it was 16 or 17 where it would crash a bunch) but works good in 19. It does take longer to sim than in any other league i use.

A few things i notice in it is i guess at some point Markus put in the league history so any years done before that version (v12 maybe?) aren't listed on that screen.

Also, at some point the histories of my players didn't get imported so i lost em. .Not sure what version it was, but was a while ago.Also, 'Games Started' is empty for a lot of my past players.

Using the Leaderboard can be a pain cause it keeps having to build the report and that can take a while now lol. But i use it cause it's the players i know and it's hard to start a new save without wanting to go back to this one.

I do wish i could edit past stats for a player cause in an import a hitter got messed up and gave him really wacky pitcher stats and ever since then he's listed on the Leaderboard as having about 5 pitching records lol
Attached Images
Old 12-27-2018, 11:46 PM   #10
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qrusher14242 View Post
Great to hear! i've had a league going from v4 to 19. It's had a few hiccups over the years (i think it was 16 or 17 where it would crash a bunch) but works good in 19. It does take longer to sim than in any other league i use.

A few things i notice in it is i guess at some point Markus put in the league history so any years done before that version (v12 maybe?) aren't listed on that screen.

Also, at some point the histories of my players didn't get imported so i lost em. .Not sure what version it was, but was a while ago.Also, 'Games Started' is empty for a lot of my past players.

Using the Leaderboard can be a pain cause it keeps having to build the report and that can take a while now lol. But i use it cause it's the players i know and it's hard to start a new save without wanting to go back to this one.

I do wish i could edit past stats for a player cause in an import a hitter got messed up and gave him really wacky pitcher stats and ever since then he's listed on the Leaderboard as having about 5 pitching records lol
Great News for my Islandian Pro Alliance dynasty... it has now been totally and successfully converted from OOTP12 to OOTP19... it went quite smoothly... just took 3-4 hours to convert each time.

Luckily, I didn't lose anything in all of the conversions... all of the League History is complete... team rosters are the same in OOTP19 as they were in OOTP12... no players lost or damaged ratings... plus my logos, jerseys and caps were properly converted, too.

I'm really pleased with the way it went.

I haven't found any problems yet.

Hope all goes well when I start playing my 59th season in the new version 19.

Last edited by Eugene Church; 12-28-2018 at 12:31 PM.