Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - 3D Models

Old 04-18-2014, 03:51 PM   #1
ctorg
Global Moderator

Importing from SketchUp

So I have a version of SketchUp Pro, and awhile back, I used it to make a bunch of stadiums to use as images in the game, not thinking ahead at all to a 3D future. Therefore, I mostly only made the visible parts of the stadiums.

Anyway, as a test, I exported one of the stadiums to an obj file. The images below show the original SketchUp file and what it looked like after I imported it into OOTP.

I can't figure out how to view the stadium from behind home plate (as it is in the SketchUp images. The image there is the closest I could get. I also noticed that a number of the materials didn't make it.

I'm not sure what the feasibility of getting the SketchUp stadiums into OOTP will be. I may need to go learn how to use something more advanced. This is only a few minutes worth of work, so maybe it will turn out to be solvable.

But I thought I'd share.
Attached Images
Image Image 

"When the trees blow back and forth, that's what makes the wind." - Steven Wright

Fjord emena pancreas thorax fornicate marmalade morpheme proteolysis smaxa cabana offal srue vitriol grope hallelujah lentils
ctorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 05:43 PM   #2
Gambo
Hall Of Famer

I'm not too privvy on this info but I think i recall from the beta something along the lines that you may need to export 3 times or so because each time more data is collected. And there is also something else about the directories for the art files.

Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Hopefully one of the guys who knows more will be along soon and can help.

OOTP MODS:
Historical Face Gen Project, Spritze/Gambo Database, OOTP Stadium Chart and Ballpark Images, MLB Compiled Uniform & Logo Pack
available at...
http://www.ootpmods.com
Gambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 06:25 PM   #3
silvam14
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctorg View Post
So I have a version of SketchUp Pro, and awhile back, I used it to make a bunch of stadiums to use as images in the game, not thinking ahead at all to a 3D future. Therefore, I mostly only made the visible parts of the stadiums.

Anyway, as a test, I exported one of the stadiums to an obj file. The images below show the original SketchUp file and what it looked like after I imported it into OOTP.

I can't figure out how to view the stadium from behind home plate (as it is in the SketchUp images. The image there is the closest I could get. I also noticed that a number of the materials didn't make it.

I'm not sure what the feasibility of getting the SketchUp stadiums into OOTP will be. I may need to go learn how to use something more advanced. This is only a few minutes worth of work, so maybe it will turn out to be solvable.

But I thought I'd share.
You should try this first. For any faces that are black when converted to OOTP ,in sketchup, try to reverse that face and paint the same texture on the reverse. This has worked for me.

For stadiums I have downloaded from the warehouse. I have found that if you export it once to kmz, then start a new file and import the kmz, then export it again as an obj. That usually fixes the issues.

Exporting again to kmz just loses most of the textures in my experience
Old 04-18-2014, 06:27 PM   #4
ctorg
Global Moderator

Hmmm... exporting multiple times? Hopefully someone can describe that process to me (or I can figure it out or find it online).

I have found out how to properly line up the image with the grid now, though, so at least there's that.

"When the trees blow back and forth, that's what makes the wind." - Steven Wright

Fjord emena pancreas thorax fornicate marmalade morpheme proteolysis smaxa cabana offal srue vitriol grope hallelujah lentils
Old 04-18-2014, 06:50 PM   #5
silvam14
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctorg View Post
Hmmm... exporting multiple times? Hopefully someone can describe that process to me (or I can figure it out or find it online).

I have found out how to properly line up the image with the grid now, though, so at least there's that.

Did You see my previous post? If it wasn't clear let me know. I'm very interested to see the parks you created.

Also. It's great to see an old face (avatar) around here. Hope all is well
Old 04-18-2014, 08:32 PM   #6
ctorg
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvam14 View Post
Did You see my previous post? If it wasn't clear let me know. I'm very interested to see the parks you created.

Also. It's great to see an old face (avatar) around here. Hope all is well
I think we cross-posted.

Thanks, I'll see if I can get that to work.

Old 07-15-2015, 12:23 PM   #7
johndanclan
Bat Boy

I would prefer this kind of park image to any out there including the real photos.
johndanclan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 03:32 PM   #8
NolePaul
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Hate to resurrect an old thread...but I too am experiencing issues like this where things are coming up black and out of sync with the grids.
NolePaul is offline   Reply With Quote