Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2014, 10:53 AM   #21
Pete Grassi
Major Leagues

I agree with Doug. The game has been a bit of a disappointment and I do feel the game was advertised incorrectly. I do feel a bit ripped off but hey, I have wasted more money on console games that were a disaster. Stuff happens. I look at it as a case of fool me once shame on me, fool me twice shame on you. I'll still buy FHM 2015 but may wait a bit to see if the same issues exist. If I buy and they do exist, it could be a disaster.
Old 07-03-2014, 12:55 PM   #22
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

The game should be fully editable that way no one could or would complain about anything because you would control everything.
Old 07-03-2014, 12:56 PM   #23
Max Boyer
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug View Post
I bought the game, and played it a total of maybe 5 minutes in the many months that it's been on my computer. I look at it as showing the company that their is 1 more person interested in hockey sim, and please continue to make hockey sims. Do I feel a little cheated out of $40? Sure I do, but I look at it from a glass half full stance. I do think that those who have bought this version may deserve a $10 coupon off of next years release, but even if we don't get that I'll still keep buying it as long as it shows considerable improvement.
If this was my company, I would make a great deal about almost giving away the next version to those who didn't request a refund and sticked around for recent patches & propositions.

I don't have the numbers in front me (sales, how much they are making with this game), but lets say that whenever I look at an update about this game, there's a range between 40-70 people using the "Thanks" option, which means that they are still showing interest and support.

We, as a community, can turn things around easily if FHM"2" comes out and is nowhere near what FHM"1" was.

Because lets face it: every time we come onto this board, what we see is a lot of negative threads. Newcomers won't remember the good stuff. They see one bad post and that's it, they might just turn around and wait for next version to come and see some positive posts all over the place before buying.

So back to my initial proposition (and I'm sure that they talked about this option last week at their meeting); if the newer version is more stable than the one that we have, and have some of the features that we all requested to some point (like the major stuff) and we are satisfied with it, we will come back here on the board and talk good about it.

Anyway, I just want to say that I'm looking foward for the next patch and the new version later this fall. I just hope that there will be a discount for the people that has been around showing support.
Old 07-18-2014, 02:12 AM   #24
tran
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcblcommish View Post
My god I'm so tired of people comparing Ootp 15 and fhm. It is not a fair comparison. I might get into trouble for saying this but if you thought buying a game in its first year will be as in depth and polished as a game that has been out and done for 15 years, you are a complete idiot.

Not directed at the op specifically, just tired of this comparison that is completely unfair

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
If a company puts a new phone on the market, it must compete with other phones on the market. And it must be BETTER by FAR than anything release 7 years ago.

FHM 2014 should be SUPERIOR to EHM 2007.

It boggles the mind that people expect customers to pay money for a project and then say, "oh, it doesn't matter if it's crappier than the game from 7 years ago that was so unsuccessful they killed the franchise."

If this was freeware...fine. But this is a paid game by a respected video game producer.
Old 07-18-2014, 03:44 AM   #25
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tran View Post
If a company puts a new phone on the market, it must compete with other phones on the market. And it must be BETTER by FAR than anything release 7 years ago.

FHM 2014 should be SUPERIOR to EHM 2007.

It boggles the mind that people expect customers to pay money for a project and then say, "oh, it doesn't matter if it's crappier than the game from 7 years ago that was so unsuccessful they killed the franchise."

If this was freeware...fine. But this is a paid game by a respected video game producer.
We already had this about a million times: the game is already in a playable and enjoyable (not for everyone, but that is normal) state and of course we try our best to make FHM better with every patch and new version in the future. The start was not good, we already admitted that, we apologized often, we learned our lessons and improve on that, no need to discuss this over and over again. Closed.