Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-15-2014, 07:36 AM   #1
AEWHistory
Minors (Double A)

HM Salary and Budget Issue - Another Idea

All of a sudden it hit me, I think that perhaps the problem with the salary and budgets in HM games is that the game is calculating the entire salary obligations, for current AND future years, and factoring it against the budget each year. This would work like this:

Let's say you have a $60 mil budget, but you'll have nothing left if you're salary obligations work out to something like this:
current year: $30 mil
next year: $20 mil
year 3: $8 mil
year 4: $2 mil

The problem in figuring this out is the salary obligations page only shows the salaries of the players on your NHL roster whereas I am almost sure that the players in the reserve "minors" still actually count even tho it shows zeroes. With up to 27 contracts in reserve even a bunch of multi-year $.5 mil contracts will add up in this scenario. In fact, with all 27 positions filled with $.5 contracts you have $13.5 million used, plus however much is for the next season(s) as well.

I'm going to experiment with this, but I am thinking this might be it. When I added my salary obligations for all years, plus a guesstimate of my reserve contract commitments and compared it to my budget it comes eerily close. However, I wasn't able to get it down to the dollar, so I'm not certain.
Old 04-16-2014, 06:09 PM   #2
AEWHistory
Minors (Double A)

Okay, I'm not having much luck nailing this down. For some reason the game continues to add up contract offers, but it isn't clear why. Is it because it thinks all offered contracts, for ALL years, apply to the current year? Is it because of some other accounting error? I'm going to need more data to nail this down but I'd love to try....

BTW, I'm open to any feedback. I have no idea if I'm on the right track, it just seems interesting that sometimes the amount of money I have committed to contracts seems to make some sense if one assumes that the computer doesn't understand there are multiple years of accounting going on.... I dunno.

In the meantime, is there a way--a workaround--to cope with the current budget issues? Perhaps a hex editor to clear out the messed up data?
Old 04-16-2014, 06:14 PM   #3
AEWHistory
Minors (Double A)

One last thing: the system I noted in the OP could actually work in the game IF the computer gave you a fresh budget each year. So even if you ended up spending your budget in one year paying forward all those contracts, you'd have even MORE cash in following years. The problem is that if the game is budgeting something like this then it clearly isn't applying this concept. In effect you are paying future contracts EVERY year. This might mean that in a four year contract you pay year 1 once, year 2 twice, year 3 three times, and year 4 four times! Yikes!

Sounds like someone in the accounting dept is skimming.....