Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: New to the game?
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Earlier versions of OOTP: New to the game? A place for all new Out of the Park Baseball fans to ask questions about the game.

Old 10-13-2012, 09:43 PM   #21
slthree
Bat Boy

You guys have really been helpful. I appreciate all the advice.

I tried everything: new install as administrator, running the game as administrator, starting a new season AFTER the new install.

It all resulted in the same problems of not loading some file upon trying to get back into a saved game.

This community here is quite pleasant. I'm just a bit discouraged right now. And, the developer has not replied to my email (sent 5 days ago) which is not encouraging. They were very quick to take my money but when it comes to support, not so quick.

One last shot in the dark:

I notice that on the main startup screen where you can load games, some have a date on the far right and some don't. Is that normal to you experienced guys?

Is there a reason some of my saves don't have dates and can that be the reason they won't load?
slthree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 10:37 PM   #22
OBSL Commish
All Star Reserve

Those dates tell you what date that game is currently saved at in-game.

I would send the support team another email and mark it urgent. And if you haven't submitted a support ticket, do so immediately and mark it extremely urgent as well. The support staff is usually very responsive here. I think most of them help with development as well so that would explain their lack of communication. It's a small but determined operation!
OBSL Commish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 11:19 PM   #23
RchW
Hall Of Famer

One last shot in the dark.

Unlicense the game (normally you don't need to but...) then uninstall then hunt down every folder that has any connection to OOTP and delete it. A proper delete, not recycle bin delete.

Then defrag your HDD. Just playing the game fragments the drive. Multiple installs may have files scattered all over.

Install the game using custom install and using a unique folder name. Cross fingers etc.

I have no idea if this will work but its the only way I can think of getting a "semi-clean" install.

Good luck and hang in there.

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 10:10 AM   #24
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

Actually you're to the point where you're gonna need to contact tech support.
We are going to need to have you ftp your saved games .dat files only.
I can help you with this.
go to your most recent saved game and open the folder. You will see a bunch of files ending in .dat.
Zip up those files and upload them somewhere. Mediafire is a good place and it's free.
Send me a pm with the link when it's done and I'll dl and test your files and see if I can reproduce your problem.
If I have the same problem, I'll ftp your files for you and contact tech support (old timer or bowtie).

I'm sorry you're having such problems, but have patience and we'll get you through this.
Thanks

Last edited by Bigrod; 10-14-2012 at 10:11 AM.
Bigrod is offline   Reply With Quote