Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: New to the game?
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Earlier versions of OOTP: New to the game? A place for all new Out of the Park Baseball fans to ask questions about the game.

Old 04-14-2010, 11:01 PM   #1
Elysian Fields
Major Leagues

Logo Installation

Forgive my ignorance... but what file do you put logos in for global use? The manual says data/logos... but the logos file in there is a .rar file. I've tried several different ways.

Game looks very cool, by the way. I'm a big fan of Football Manager and this is so much like it. Great job.
Elysian Fields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 11:19 PM   #2
endgame
Hall Of Famer

When you say global, do you mean a place where, regardless of the league, if there is a Bentontown Bulldogs they will use that logo?
Old 04-15-2010, 12:19 AM   #3
Elysian Fields
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by endgame View Post
When you say global, do you mean a place where, regardless of the league, if there is a Bentontown Bulldogs they will use that logo?
Yeah.
Old 04-15-2010, 01:28 PM   #4
Irishray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian Fields View Post
Forgive my ignorance... but what file do you put logos in for global use? The manual says data/logos... but the logos file in there is a .rar file. I've tried several different ways.

Game looks very cool, by the way. I'm a big fan of Football Manager and this is so much like it. Great job.
If you place the logos in the data/logos directory, then every time you create a league the game will use the base logos there to create the logos used in your individual leagues. If you have a .rar file in that directory, you should unrar it to expand the logos into the directory. Not sure where you got a .rar file from, though.

Linux - Xubuntu 23.04 64-Bit

Last edited by Irishray; 04-15-2010 at 04:23 PM. Reason: correct a typo
Irishray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 08:46 PM   #5
Elysian Fields
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishray View Post
If you place the logos in the data/logos directory, then every time you create a league the game will use the base logos there to create the logos used in your individual leagues. If you have a .rar file in that directory, you should unrar it to expand the logos into the directory. Not sure where you got a .rar file from, though.
They were installed that way apparently. Otherwise somehow they got changed to .rar files. Not all files were .rar files in there though. Thanks for the solution though.

edit: all the .rar files were in the default_data folder. No logos files was even in the data folder.

Last edited by Elysian Fields; 04-15-2010 at 09:00 PM.
Old 04-15-2010, 08:56 PM   #6
Irishray

Quote:
They were installed that way apparently. Otherwise somehow they got changed to .rar files. Not all files were .rar files in there though. Thanks for the solution though.
Glad you got it figured out.

Old 04-15-2010, 11:17 PM   #7
Elysian Fields
Major Leagues

Quote:
Glad you got it figured out.
Actually... it still doesn't work. Extracted all the .rar files. There is a logos file in the date file... and I get nothing. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. Should be simple enough. Can't get logos to work in the saved games either.

Last edited by Elysian Fields; 04-15-2010 at 11:20 PM.
Old 04-16-2010, 12:14 PM   #8
Irishray

Quote:
Actually... it still doesn't work. Extracted all the .rar files. There is a logos file in the date file... and I get nothing. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. Should be simple enough. Can't get logos to work in the saved games either.
OK - start providing details. Full path names to where you are putting them. Directory listings of those directories showing the files that are contained in those directories would be a good start.

Old 04-16-2010, 01:04 PM   #9
endgame
Hall Of Famer

The most common problem is the naming system. Those files have to match your team names exactly and in the format required to get them to load. Can you provide a sample of one of the file names and its associated team name?
Old 04-16-2010, 03:46 PM   #10
Elysian Fields
Major Leagues

Quote:
OK - start providing details. Full path names to where you are putting them. Directory listings of those directories showing the files that are contained in those directories would be a good start.
I did. In the installation file in the program files... there is a data file and a default_data file. The default_data files were all .rar files... including the logos file. I extracted that within the default-data file and put the logos in it. Nothing happened. Even before that I created a logos file and put in in the data file, per the manual's instructions, with logos in it (the logos are in separate files themselves).

I'm used to doing this with other games, like Football Manager, and Out of the Park's competition... that other game. It's not difficult to do obviously. But something is not adding up here. Perhaps my download of the game was faulty. But the game works fine from what I can tell.
Old 04-16-2010, 03:57 PM   #11
Elysian Fields
Major Leagues

Quote:
The most common problem is the naming system. Those files have to match your team names exactly and in the format required to get them to load. Can you provide a sample of one of the file names and its associated team name?
Sure. Atlanta_Braves. I'm using the guy's logos that you can download in the forum... the circular logos that have all of the historical, current, and negro league logos.

here's the string to a logo for example:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 11\data\logos\Negro League Logos
Old 04-16-2010, 05:07 PM   #12
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Are they .jpg or .png? And are the files directly under the logos folder or are they in the Negro League Logos folder?
Old 04-17-2010, 12:18 AM   #13
Elysian Fields
Major Leagues

Quote:
Are they .jpg or .png? And are the files directly under the logos folder or are they in the Negro League Logos folder?
.png and in the Negro League Logos folder. I took some out of the folders and just put the .png file in the logos folder and they still don't show up. Does capitalization matter?

edit: finally, I got some of the files in game. It's not the installation folder, but the documents folder they need to be in. Duh.

Last edited by Elysian Fields; 04-17-2010 at 01:15 AM.
Old 04-18-2010, 06:53 AM   #14
SirDrexl
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I would recommend installing the game to a folder outside of Program Files if you want to go in and customize a lot of stuff. That way, everything goes under the OOTP parent folder instead of getting spread around to documents and user folders. I've never liked using those special folders anyway.
SirDrexl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 10:40 AM   #15
Javs
Hall Of Famer

after reading through this thread i still am unclear on logo installation... i downloaded the logos from this website OOTP Logos but i cannot for the life of me figure out how to put them into the game...

i have place them in C:\Documents and Settings\family\My Documents\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 11\logos...

do i need to make a "Major League" sub folder and place all primary logos in there?
Javs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 12:49 PM   #16
Irishray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javs View Post
after reading through this thread i still am unclear on logo installation... i downloaded the logos from this website OOTP Logos but i cannot for the life of me figure out how to put them into the game...

i have place them in C:\Documents and Settings\family\My Documents\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 11\logos...

do i need to make a "Major League" sub folder and place all primary logos in there?
Not knowing exactly where you installed, I can not tell you the full path, but you should be able to find a data/logos directory that contains these 3 files:

bulldogs_89532F_CCCCCC.png
dolphins_6666FF_000066.png
readme.txt

They are put there during installation. Find that directory, and put your logo files (*.png) there. As long as they are named correctly, they should work.

Hope this provides some clarification. All png files have to be in the logos directory - not in a subdirectory under it.

Old 04-18-2010, 01:30 PM   #17
Javs
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Not knowing exactly where you installed, I can not tell you the full path, but you should be able to find a data/logos directory that contains these 3 files:

bulldogs_89532F_CCCCCC.png
dolphins_6666FF_000066.png
readme.txt

They are put there during installation. Find that directory, and put your logo files (*.png) there. As long as they are named correctly, they should work.

Hope this provides some clarification. All png files have to be in the logos directory - not in a subdirectory under it.
what should they be named as?
Javs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 06:02 PM   #18
Irishray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javs View Post
what should they be named as?

Something like this:

Atlanta_Braves.png
Baltimore_Orioles.png
Boston_Red Sox.png
California_Angels.png
Chicago_Cubs.png
Chicago_White Sox.png
Cincinnati_Reds.png
Cleveland_Indians.png
Detroit_Tigers.png
Houston_Astros.png
Los Angeles_Dodgers.png
Minnesota_Twins.png
New York_Mets.png
New York_Yankees.png
Oakland_Athletics.png
Philadelphia_Phillies.png
Pittsburgh_Pirates.png
San Francisco_Giants.png
St Louis_Cardinals.png
Washington_Senators.png

Old 04-18-2010, 08:17 PM   #19
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Some of this, too, has to do with whether you want only your specific league to use them or any league with teams or players with those names. I get confused myself sometimes.

Here's the traditional path from X for a league specific logo folder; it isn't even called logos. It's your images folder here, at least on a PC:

C:\Documents and Settings\User\My Documents\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 11\saved_games\YourSavedGame.lg\news\html\images

This is also on my computer, but I think I actually created it to store my images as a backup.

C:\Documents and Settings\User\My Documents\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 11\saved_games\Covenant 11.lg

These would be global settings, so any league with teams or images with these names would check here first and use them if they exist:

C:\Documents and Settings\User\My Documents\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 11\Logos

Last edited by endgame; 04-18-2010 at 08:19 PM.
endgame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 12:54 AM   #20
Elysian Fields
Major Leagues

Quote:
Some of this, too, has to do with whether you want only your specific league to use them or any league with teams or players with those names. I get confused myself sometimes.

Here's the traditional path from X for a league specific logo folder; it isn't even called logos. It's your images folder here, at least on a PC:

C:\Documents and Settings\User\My Documents\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 11\saved_games\YourSavedGame.lg\news\html\images

This is also on my computer, but I think I actually created it to store my images as a backup.

C:\Documents and Settings\User\My Documents\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 11\saved_games\Covenant 11.lg

These would be global settings, so any league with teams or images with these names would check here first and use them if they exist:

C:\Documents and Settings\User\My Documents\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 11\Logos
Yeah, I figured it out... and you can just change it from within the game as well, I see. For some reason I read the manual as the logo location being in the programs file not my documents. My stupidity.