Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 12-07-2019, 01:53 PM   #1
Angamanon
Bat Boy

What would be the best Rotation under 50K Avg per starter?

I am currently working on completely changing my starting rotation to try and be more competitive in perfect league. I have enough pp to be able to spend on avg 50K per spot and wanted some input on who might be the best starters available in the auction house for this amount. I have a defensive minded infield with decent outfield defense. Thanks for any help. Stadium is set to neutral.
Angamanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 03:00 PM   #2
QuantaCondor
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamanon View Post
I am currently working on completely changing my starting rotation to try and be more competitive in perfect league. I have enough pp to be able to spend on avg 50K per spot and wanted some input on who might be the best starters available in the auction house for this amount. I have a defensive minded infield with decent outfield defense. Thanks for any help. Stadium is set to neutral.
Probably looking at SE Sheets (45-50k), SE Bender (50k), SE Wood (50k), SE Plank (20k), and maybe with the savings on Plank pick up SE Brecheen or SE Vida (~80k each).

F2P + restrictions. First F2P winner of PT21 Perfect League

F2P + restrictions. New team -> PT title in 8 weeks
QuantaCondor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 03:16 PM   #3
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

There is a definitive trend that has emerged of SE cards being cheaper than their historic counterparts. These are consistently the best current value when comparing AH price to production.

Primary Team

Collection Rewards (Cards & Packs) F2P Theme Team

Movers F2P Theme and Adam Schlesinger Memorial Team
Dogberry99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 03:26 PM   #4
daves
Hall Of Famer

Dutch Leonard 100 is hovering just below 50K should be included on the list. If you don't start him he can be your closer.

daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 03:29 PM   #5
Angamanon
Bat Boy

Thanks,

Wood, Plank, and Dutch had all caught my attention. I will also scan the SE cards a bit more closely also. I wish there was an easier way to compare the stats on all the cards in the Auction House. That would make things a bit easier.
Old 12-07-2019, 03:31 PM   #6
Jim Gindin
Solecismic Software

I'd add the SE Saberhagen (35-40k), and look for the 97 Niekro and 96 Mussina, as they vary widely in price and can pitch at that level. Niekro in particular makes a wonderful stopper.
Jim Gindin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 03:42 PM   #7
Angamanon
Bat Boy

Anyone had any consistent success with any of the live SPs at that level?
Old 12-07-2019, 03:54 PM   #8
ABButters
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Does anyone know what TOTY Mike Soroka is going for? He looked like a decent bargain for a well-rounded pitcher.

ABButters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 04:12 PM   #9
raslavens
Minors (Single A)

SE Saberhagen is around 30K now. 95 SE Hooks Dauss is another bargain around 25K. You might be able to swing getting a 99 Clarkson, 99 W.Johnson or maybe even a 100 Seaver if you carry 1-2 of the near 30K set.
raslavens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 04:17 PM   #10
micpringle
Minors (Triple A)

I've a Smoky Joe (a duplicate) on the AH listed at 48K.

These are his stats for the season so far...

Name:  Screenshot 2019-12-07 at 21.15.45.png
Views: 464
Size:  105.6 KB

Appreciate I'm in Silver, but he's a monster of a pitcher.

micpringle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 04:29 PM   #11
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABButters View Post
Does anyone know what TOTY Mike Soroka is going for? He looked like a decent bargain for a well-rounded pitcher.
I don't know/remember with any precision, but most every TOTY player (at least those not named Garver ) seems to go for more than 50k. Soroka is probably more in the range of anywhere from 55k to 80k, depending on the seller's preferences, optimism, and how much they rely on the historic sales information. Not many of these cards hit the market, so I don't think the prices have settled as much as some might otherwise assume.

Primary Team

Collection Rewards (Cards & Packs) F2P Theme Team

Movers F2P Theme and Adam Schlesinger Memorial Team
Dogberry99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 04:45 PM   #12
daves
Hall Of Famer

I didn't realize Peak Drysdale dipped so low in price. I thought that card was decent?

Spud Chandler was a top card in PT1.0.

Last edited by daves; 12-07-2019 at 04:51 PM.
daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 06:34 PM   #13
HelpDodgers
Major Leagues

I wouldn't spend your PP on Dutch. It may be how I use him though at a high level he underperforms. See attachments.

I would say grab a 97 Niekro., Clarkson is too much, but a P. Niekro/Clarkson/Cy Blanton/E. Blackwell. That should be under 200K and you get a number 1 starter in Clarkson
Attached Images
Image Image 

Last edited by HelpDodgers; 12-07-2019 at 06:38 PM.
HelpDodgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 03:52 PM   #14
Angamanon
Bat Boy

How about Dave Righetti?
Old 12-08-2019, 09:58 PM   #15
dbqs
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamanon View Post
How about Dave Righetti?
Not a starter, but always a fun bargain buy!
Old 12-09-2019, 02:18 AM   #16
Mark Jamil
Minors (Rookie Ball)

There is no easy answer to this question. Sounds like you run a good defense but its also about park setup and strategy settings. The one thing I will say is that you should try to specialize. So say you wanted movement pitchers under 50k PP

97 Luque - 40k PP
96 Glavine - 40k PP
96 Lanier - 21k PP
97 Newhouser - 32k PP

others include Blanton, Lemon, 97 Righetti (yes he was a starter that year), a couple of Ryans
Old 12-09-2019, 09:05 AM   #17
CurlyKarkovice
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelpDodgers View Post
I wouldn't spend your PP on Dutch. It may be how I use him though at a high level he underperforms. See attachments.
Agree on Dutch. I got him in a pack but if he goes for 50k that is too much. My sample is much smaller but if someone else is underwhelmed by him then he might be trending towards no buy. Also 100 cards diminish in the amount of tourney teams they can be used in.

I bring this up too because if you need a Lefty with good stamina in the bullpen (as one suggested use on Dutch), then 97 Righetti has been a great reliever for me. Edit: Look at the dingers per 9 IP difference. Righetti doesn't give up the long ball as much. More important for relievers since they go in with runners on a lot.

Attachments show the body of work in Perfect Leagues:
Attached Images
Image Image 

Last edited by CurlyKarkovice; 12-09-2019 at 09:08 AM. Reason: HR/9IP comment
CurlyKarkovice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 09:14 AM   #18
CurlyKarkovice
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Jamil View Post
There is no easy answer to this question. Sounds like you run a good defense but its also about park setup and strategy settings. The one thing I will say is that you should try to specialize. So say you wanted movement pitchers under 50k PP

97 Luque - 40k PP
96 Glavine - 40k PP
96 Lanier - 21k PP
97 Newhouser - 32k PP

others include Blanton, Lemon, 97 Righetti (yes he was a starter that year), a couple of Ryans
Agree on Newhouser. Been happy with him, that seems like a good price. Lefty starter. Attached his perfect league body of work for reference. Used as a reliever for me more recently. Edit: I have hitter friendly park factors and above average defense.
Attached Images

Last edited by CurlyKarkovice; 12-09-2019 at 09:17 AM. Reason: Park factors
CurlyKarkovice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 09:51 AM   #19
Marleigh
All Star Reserve

96 SE Bob Lemon is currently selling at 22.5k he has been ion my rotation for 13 seasons, earning me 8.8k (includes a perfect game, 3 all star selection, 1 championship)

97 SE Lefty Gomez costs around 23k (can probably be done via collection for less) been in my rotation for 10 seasons earning me 9k (with 2POTY, 3 all stars, 1 championship) had 1 bad season (5.89 ERA) but far more sub 3 ERA seasons

only had Hooks Dauss a couple of seasons but he is shaping up pretty well

my starting rotation includes these plus 98 Mordecai Brown and 92 Kevin Appier and is generally in the top 3 rotations unless i am in deep whale country, last season they won a championship at a cost of under 150k for all 5. I got lucky with the win but i generally make the playoffs

Marleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 12:15 PM   #20
trman73
Minors (Triple A)

My team (Fort Worth Frogs) was a consistent Perfect level playoff team with a rotation that included 97 Drysdale (an excellent pitcher whose value in the AC has gone way down - grab that guy); 97 Mike Scott (who can be had for about 25K these days and has something like a 250-160 record for me overall); 96 Ben Sheets, 96 Mark Prior, and live Scherzer. Until I took advantage of the PP sale a couple weeks ago I rolled with those five guys for a long time and would make the playoffs consistently (and then lose before reaching the PL Series).

Upgraded to POTM Scherzer, 100 Seaver, 100 Santana, and 99 JR Richard. Kept Scott as 5th starter and moved Drysdale and Prior to bullpen.
trman73 is offline   Reply With Quote