Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 12-06-2019, 04:39 PM   #1
allenciox
All Star Reserve

Reviewing changes to Quick Tournaments

Ok, I have checked out available tournaments (and prizes) from before and after the tourney changes, and this is what I see:

1. Eliminated Tournaments.
a. 8-team tournies: gone are the 1625- open, 1625-live, 1875-open, and 1875-Live. The only cap tourney still remaining is the 1625-Nonlive
b. 16-team tournies: gone is Silver Historical-RRF3, Gold-Nonlive-b05, 1625-open-b05, 1875-live-b05, 1875-Nonlive-b05, Open-b05, and Open-Live-b05.
c. 32-team tournies: gone are all three of the 1875 cap tournies (open, live, nonlive) and also the Open-Nonlive.

2. Added Tournaments:
a. 8-team: Diamond
b. 16-team: Iron-b05, Bronze-b03, Silver-b03, Diamond-Live-b05, 1750-any.
c. 32-team: Iron-b07, Diamond-b07

3. Changed total rewards per tournament:
a. The 16-team RRF3 rewards changed from 2850 PP equivalent to 1200 PP (assuming std pack value=950 PP).
b. 16-team DblElim went from 2850 PP to 1150.
c. 32-team DRRF3 changed from 6100 PP to 2850 PP.
d. They weren't there before, but the added 16-b03 quicks award 1000 PP.

Summary:

The 1875-cap tournies took the biggest hit, going from 8 types down to just one, the 16-1875-b05 format. This is my biggest concern, as that is one of my teams' favorite format. Its nice to see the added 1750-cap, though.

The number of LIVE tournaments also took a hit, as all but one of the LIVE cap tournies left, as well as the 16-Open-Live b05 tournament .

I like the addition of a medium cap tournament (1750), the iron tournaments for an interesting challenge, and the reduction of rewards for the RRF3 and DblElim formats is overdue --- it didn't make sense to give tournaments that are over in an hour and a half the same rewards as tournaments that would play out over almost four hours. The new diamond tournaments aren't particularly appealing to me as my FTP teams aren't really capable of competing in open (due to expense of top rosters) and, for the same reason, probably won't compete in diamond either.

I am not sure exactly how daily tournaments are changed (particularly payouts) since those changes will only be seen after the current ones have filled up. I look forward to seeing what those are over the next few days.

Last edited by allenciox; 12-06-2019 at 04:56 PM.
allenciox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 06:22 PM   #2
Renfro
Minors (Double A)

Great analysis as per usual. Sucks about the live tourneys. I was having fun, and a few wins, with the Cap 1625 Live Only on my packs only team.

Renfro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 06:35 PM   #3
FlaviusFlav
Minors (Double A)

Any idea if there there is any plan to make make the big non-quick tournaments happen?

My mostly casual observation suggests that that anything that locks people out of quickly rolling through tournaments isn't popular enough to gain critical mass. I have yet to see any of the daily tournaments that I've enrolled in ever start, and I always end up dropping out after a couple of days.

I've been poking around the forum but haven't come across anything discussing this, though I assume it's a known problem...

FlaviusFlav is offline   Reply With Quote