Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions

Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions General chat about the game...

Old 04-07-2012, 01:40 PM   #81
byzeil
Hall Of Famer

Love those story lines, so much fun.....

Britt in Custody Battle Over Beloved Pet: Toronto Jays's right fielder, Joe Britt, is locked in an ugly custody battle for his iguana. Police were recently called to his house after he came home to discover it had been 'petnapped'. He and his ex-girlfriend have been trading increasingly insulting barbs through the media at one another since their break-up and Britt filed a police report and petitioned the court to order the pet be returned.

"She was always a bit of a loose cannon," said Toronto Jays teammate, Mayumi Nakamura. "But it is pretty surprising she would kidnap his pet. That's pretty low, even for her. Besides, she hated that thing."
byzeil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 01:55 PM   #82
CubsFan915
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawa666 View Post
The check mark button on top of the sidebar.
Gah. Right in front of me. Thanks...

CubsFan915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 02:45 PM   #83
Abyss
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I like it so far, although the new GUI is taking awhile to get used to (i miss the buttons on bottom) and the bigger "Finish today" button.

One thing I've come across on so far is players that my scouts find asking for ridiculous money.

I understand this guy is 5 stars, potential and I was pretty pumped my scout found him. But when I went to offer a contract he was demanding 6.5 million...that would be understandable if he already had the ratings but he's basically 15's across the board. And I tried to offer him 3 million and he countered with 6.3 million so...thats insane. If it was some kind of signing bonus than whatever, but now to have a 5 star prospect (who'll probably bust) i'd have to keep him in low A for 6.3 million??

edit: also you can't see the attendance chart with the default skin.

Last edited by Abyss; 04-07-2012 at 02:53 PM.
Abyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 03:51 PM   #84
Curve Ball Dave
Hall Of Famer

I miss the nick names.

Otherwise I'm loving it.
Old 04-07-2012, 03:56 PM   #85
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curve Ball Dave View Post
I miss the nick names.

Otherwise I'm loving it.
Nicknames didn't go anywhere. Have they in your game?
Old 04-07-2012, 04:51 PM   #86
Curve Ball Dave
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by endgame View Post
Nicknames didn't go anywhere. Have they in your game?
Not for new players, but imported historical players. The latest version of the database may not have them.
Old 04-07-2012, 05:21 PM   #87
DWK
All Star Reserve

Markus,
Great Job, like all the new drop downs everything is right there where you can find it. Nice new look
DWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 06:03 PM   #88
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawa666 View Post
I'be been leaving ponies here and there for a few days. Board needed to be about 20% cooler.

OK that's plain disgusting.

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 06:36 PM   #89
injury log
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abyss View Post
I understand this guy is 5 stars, potential and I was pretty pumped my scout found him. But when I went to offer a contract he was demanding 6.5 million...that would be understandable if he already had the ratings but he's basically 15's across the board. And I tried to offer him 3 million and he countered with 6.3 million so...thats insane. If it was some kind of signing bonus than whatever, but now to have a 5 star prospect (who'll probably bust) i'd have to keep him in low A for 6.3 million??
I hadn't seen teenage guys asking for big league $ to sign. Looks like you're getting a young Justin Upton there for $6m, which is a bargain. Nice find.
injury log is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 07:59 PM   #90
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

Manager Home Screen and so on are good but for League A. Rule 5 Draft doesn't happen because December 1st pass when Postseason is still going and doesn't switch to after Awards are annouiced and Ametur Draft says Finished when nobody has been Drafted yet and can't Draft only if I turn off Shared Draft.
Old 04-07-2012, 11:34 PM   #91
mm7607
All Star Reserve

Imported a league, unusable. Created a league with LA, unusable. Draft pool and free agent screen blank. Now back to V12 until these problems are fixed.
First time I've ever had to use an old version after installing a new one. Not real happy.

Edit: Also game is crashing each time I shutdown or try to load a new league.

Last edited by mm7607; 04-07-2012 at 11:50 PM.
mm7607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 01:47 AM   #92
metal134
Minors (Single A)

The new skin is the best yet.
metal134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 04:56 AM   #93
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm7607 View Post
Imported a league, unusable. Created a league with LA, unusable. Draft pool and free agent screen blank. Now back to V12 until these problems are fixed.
First time I've ever had to use an old version after installing a new one. Not real happy.

Edit: Also game is crashing each time I shutdown or try to load a new league.
Before you slam v 13, I'd check your install as it sounds like it's a bad one. Completely uninstall and restart your computer and install again. Then if your still having that problem ....YOU ABSOLUTELY MUST...ftp your saved game files and submit the name of your ftp file and details to support. Cause if your problems are unique to you, I can guarantee you 150% they won't ever get fixed if Markus doesn't have your files so he can check them out.
I unserstand your frustration not being able to play, but if you get those files up, I assure you Markus will get right on it. Crashes are higher than high priorily to him.
Also, there will be a patch out tomorrow, try that and see if it helps.
Good luck and if you don't want to wait for support, pm me the name of your ftp file and I'll log it myself.
Here's how you ftp files. Just read the steps. It's real easy.
http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...articleid%3D37
Thanks

Last edited by Bigrod; 04-08-2012 at 04:59 AM.
Bigrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 05:24 AM   #94
Ambermonk
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BusterKing View Post
This is also a big one for me. After every day was played I spent time looking this up. Please bring this back.
I agree. Bring back our game-day leaders!
Old 04-08-2012, 05:42 AM   #95
Ambermonk
All Star Starter

I too miss the green bar in the Classic skin.

I recently purchased a 23" monitor for the OOTP-13 release after seeing the in-game preview screens earlier. The in-game widget management was still a bit more cumbersome than I expected - especially the PBP window. What I would have liked would have been to resize the windows to match my screen's size (1920x1080). The PBP window was either too long, too short, or too deep.

My most interesting impression was the pitch-location window. I think Markus missed a wonderful opportunity to have the batter displayed in the batting team's jersey color. The color scheme already exists for each team, so I would think that this wouldn't be too hard to do.

Last edited by Ambermonk; 04-08-2012 at 10:05 PM. Reason: Spelling Error
Ambermonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 07:52 AM   #96
Ambermonk
All Star Starter

Disregard. Posted in error.

Last edited by Ambermonk; 04-08-2012 at 08:17 AM. Reason: Posted in Error
Ambermonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 11:24 AM   #97
byzeil
Hall Of Famer

Overall LOVE OOTP13!!!!

A minor thing I'd like to see changed. On the 'Manager' pull down I would like to see 'player search' and 'shortlist' be two separate items. I use the shortlist a lot and having to wait for it to generate the player list is kind of a waste of time.

Actually another thing for shortlist; I would LOVE to have multiple shortlists. I would keep one for 'top prospects', maybe one for players I'm scouting on other teams, another for players I've traded, etc. Sort of like 'views' or maybe it is a 'Filter'.
byzeil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 01:40 PM   #98
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

can anyone tell me if there is anything different with awards (customization, different ones association wide awards..etc)

The awards is just one of the those things this games been lacking. Like why can't you look up the Manager of the Year awards? It simply comes across as a bad choice and i wonder why it was done that way.
Old 04-08-2012, 01:53 PM   #99
mm7607
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigrod View Post
Before you slam v 13, I'd check your install as it sounds like it's a bad one. Completely uninstall and restart your computer and install again. Then if your still having that problem ....YOU ABSOLUTELY MUST...ftp your saved game files and submit the name of your ftp file and details to support. Cause if your problems are unique to you, I can guarantee you 150% they won't ever get fixed if Markus doesn't have your files so he can check them out.
I unserstand your frustration not being able to play, but if you get those files up, I assure you Markus will get right on it. Crashes are higher than high priorily to him.
Also, there will be a patch out tomorrow, try that and see if it helps.
Good luck and if you don't want to wait for support, pm me the name of your ftp file and I'll log it myself.
Here's how you ftp files. Just read the steps. It's real easy.
How to FTP files to OOTP Developments - Kayako eSupport Help Desk Software
Thanks

I'm sorry for the misunderstanding, I was not slamming the game. I was showing I wan't happy about not getting to play my imported league. No I enjoy OOTP very much.

I'm not sure how my saved game files would be a problem because it didn't seem to matter. Every league I created caused the same problem with missing players if I changed the game defaults.

I haven't done a re-install yet but as soon as I do I'll report my status.
mm7607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 03:43 PM   #100
Ambermonk
All Star Starter

The right field wall marker still has broken coordinates, after 3 years!

Perhaps a patch will address this issue, or maybe it's just too hard to fix.