Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 12-05-2019, 04:11 PM   #21
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

Overall it is just ridiculous on its face that I have some 2000+ cards collected and it is literally against the rules to use all but a handful of those cards in a season. It is the main thing I hope to see addressed next year.
dkgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 04:18 PM   #22
emilempenza
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkgo View Post
Your suggestion doesn't work in theory or in practice. In theory people would have to give up all their purchased points and points earned on the market which is a complete non-starter. I guess I shouldn't say no one since you can find at least one person who will do anything, but it's not going to be popular.

In practice to avoid this you would sell every valuable card then invest all those points in live golds/diamonds that trade at near quick-sell value, so when you reset you get all those points back.
I wouldn't do it with my A team, but I'd consider it with my B team. As an all Rays team, they've pretty much hit their limit in gold, the team is essentially pointless at this point. If I could reset it and start again as something new, I'd probably do it. Wouldn't even care about retaining points tbh, the first few seasons when you have no money and a really makeshift team are great fun
emilempenza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 04:39 PM   #23
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

Quote:
Unless the team is literally playing all irons out of position then the points impact is near microscopic. A bunch of silver historicals isn't going to bleed that many.
Silver pitchers would absolutely produce a significant impact on points and achievements. Even a gold historical pitcher like 2013 Yu Darvish would, though admittedly this would depend on who he was replacing...

I also find it interesting that you're limiting it to historicals, indicating that Live Silvers would in fact bleed that many.

Primary Team

Collection Rewards (Cards & Packs) F2P Theme Team

Movers F2P Theme and Adam Schlesinger Memorial Team

Last edited by Dogberry99; 12-05-2019 at 04:41 PM.
Dogberry99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 04:41 PM   #24
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

I said silver historical because that's what OP said he was going to start playing with.
Old 12-05-2019, 04:44 PM   #25
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

Quote:
I said silver historical because that's what OP said he was going to start playing with.
And it is 100% the case that there are multiple silver historicals they could play that would greatly skew the points being generated

Primary Team

Last edited by Dogberry99; 12-05-2019 at 04:46 PM. Reason: clarity
Old 12-05-2019, 04:48 PM   #26
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

Well yes if you are intentionally trying to bleed points you can do so. If you are making a "good faith" effort to do the best you can with them then it won't be a big deal.

In fact I will try it out next season and report back.
Old 12-05-2019, 04:58 PM   #27
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

Quote:
Well yes if you are intentionally trying to bleed points you can do so. If you are making a "good faith" effort to do the best you can with them then it won't be a big deal.

In fact I will try it out next season and report back.
The problem I see here is in the lack of a unified definition for "good faith effort."

Nobody minds (nor should they) when a player uses someone like Bronze Luis Aparacio or Mike LaValliere. However, is someone still operating in good faith if they follow the same logic and use players like Bud Harrelson and Bob Boone? What about Freddie Patek and Tom Pagnozzi? Where are we drawing the line?

Primary Team

Old 12-05-2019, 05:15 PM   #28
HRBaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogberry99 View Post
The problem I see here is in the lack of a unified definition for "good faith effort."

Nobody minds (nor should they) when a player uses someone like Bronze Luis Aparacio or Mike LaValliere. However, is someone still operating in good faith if they follow the same logic and use players like Bud Harrelson and Bob Boone? What about Freddie Patek and Tom Pagnozzi? Where are we drawing the line?

And that's the point - we shouldn't have to. What you can do what you can't should be clear and concise. It's not - thus the flailing.

HRBaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 05:30 PM   #29
HRBaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudel.dietrich View Post
I think so much of this could be solved with a reset team button.

All of your roster is sold for quick sale value, you get six starter packs again and you are put back in the entry pool.
You keep your team history and transaction history and all of the PP accumulated from achievements and the quick sells before your team reset.

You can reset a team any day of the week but the actual reset occurs on the Sunday night server roll over.
We already have some leagues with less than 30 teams anyways. So no need to worry about some teams 'self relegating' themselves.

A reset idea would solve so many issues with this game where legitimate players no longer have to hang wring about redoing their teams.
Now they get a clean slate to work with with possibly tens of thousands of PP to start on a new team with.

I always have been in favor of a reset button. Right now I would reset in a minute for 2 of my 3 teams - even if I wasn't able to carry over anything. Starting over again is FAR and AWAY more fun than what I'm experiencing now.

HRBaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 05:48 PM   #30
rudel.dietrich
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
I just feel like a reset team option and a few other tweaks would solve 80% of PTs problems and make it a more fun game mode.
What they have now is a good foundation and with a few more things then we would not have these 'crises' of tanking or your team getting stuck at a certain level.
There are always going to be some tankers and cheaters. But a reset option would go a very long ways towards legit players worrying about selling off their team and going in a different direction.
Your entire team would be sold, your back in in the entry league and there is no worry that teams could feast on your now depleted team.

It really is the best solution IMO.
rudel.dietrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 06:20 PM   #31
Hertston
Major Leagues

Quote:
Not quite. I said I was considering playing a team of 'historical legends' only - no special editions, hardware heroes, historical all-stars, etc, etc - and, more importantly, I later specified that I would only need to drop below gold for reserve position players to do so. I didn't specify, but did imply, all cards not 'historical legends' would be sold to finance additions that were.

I was also only floating the idea.. I haven't done it yet and have now decided it's more trouble than it's worth. In which, my original question has been answered.
Old 12-05-2019, 07:27 PM   #32
neugey
All Star Reserve

Myself, I'm not going to feel guilty if I put in a few lesser cards to demote from Perfect to Diamond or Gold so I can try to win a championship at a level I could conceivably actually win one at.

PBA - Cincinnati Reds
MLM - Baltimore Orioles
neugey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 08:01 PM   #33
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hertston View Post
Not quite. I said I was considering playing a team of 'historical legends' only - no special editions, hardware heroes, historical all-stars, etc, etc - and, more importantly, I later specified that I would only need to drop below gold for reserve position players to do so. I didn't specify, but did imply, all cards not 'historical legends' would be sold to finance additions that were.

I was also only floating the idea.. I haven't done it yet and have now decided it's more trouble than it's worth. In which, my original question has been answered.
how is it more trouble? if you just never posted this no one would have ever known or cared
Old 12-06-2019, 12:21 AM   #34
Hertston
Major Leagues

Quote:
how is it more trouble? if you just never posted this no one would have ever known or cared
I would.