Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 4 > Franchise Hockey Manager 4 - General Discussion

Franchise Hockey Manager 4 - General Discussion Talk about the latest FHM, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 10-03-2017, 09:05 AM   #1
tward13
All Star Starter

Using AHL guys in NHL preseason games

Trying use some of my prospects in a current season game.

Tried adding AHL to Rangers roster. Dressed them, added them to lines. When I start the first preseason game my line-up is incomplete as they have been returned to Hartford.

Also I suppose player like Lias Anderson who has been returned to his Swedish team for the regular season, isn't available for me to use in this year's preseason (as he was in real life?)

Finally, is there a way to have the tactics and roles assigned to players by the assistant while I have control of who is on each line? It's tedious to set all of these then need to reset them next game.
tward13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 10:28 AM   #2
JeffR
FHM Producer

I can't replicate the players being sent back to the AHL - I call them up, assign them lineup spots, and they play in the next game. Are you sure you didn't hit AI setup Organization at some point?

Andersson should be available to you, the only players under contract who aren't would be those already sent to major junior teams.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 10:08 PM   #3
Empty
Minors (Single A)

I had the same problem. Spent a bit of time setting up some lines for the first preseason game and when I tried to play it, it says that my lines are incomplete and shows that a bunch of guys were sent down. None of my options were set to AI either.
Empty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 12:54 AM   #4
tward13
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empty View Post
I had the same problem. Spent a bit of time setting up some lines for the first preseason game and when I tried to play it, it says that my lines are incomplete and shows that a bunch of guys were sent down. None of my options were set to AI either.
Do you recall if you brought up the players from the minors after advancing one day? I'm pretty sure I completed a day then on the day of the first preseason game moved players from minors to NHL.

Just wondering if that could be a difference from what Jeff did?
Old 10-04-2017, 02:48 AM   #5
JeffR
FHM Producer

No, that's how I did it as well. If either you has a save where it's happened, that might tell us something - instructions for uploading them are at http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...54&postcount=1
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 04:40 AM   #6
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Don´t let the AI handle your organization, it will go down to the "roster maximum". You can ask the AI to dress player and to set lines, that is no problem.
Old 10-04-2017, 01:40 PM   #7
tward13
All Star Starter

I only have AI set training and one other thing (at the top of that list?) Maight be minor league lines and such
Old 10-04-2017, 01:44 PM   #8
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tward13 View Post
I only have AI set training and one other thing (at the top of that list?) Maight be minor league lines and such
Did you use "AI setup your organization"?
Old 10-04-2017, 04:35 PM   #9
tward13
All Star Starter

No, I definitely didn't do that.