Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 17 > OOTP 17 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 17 - General Discussions Everything about the latest Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 08-26-2016, 12:27 PM   #1
Mike4235
Minors (Rookie Ball)

General Manager Mode - Setting Line Ups/Pitching Rotations

I just started a game in General Manager Mode as the Pirates, and I would like to set my MLB line ups and pitching rotations. Currently, my manager won't let me do that. Is there a way to do this without having to fire my manager or change the game to gm/manager mode?
Mike4235 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 12:29 PM   #2
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

There's a flag in the general settings (next to the coach options - legacy mode)
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 12:36 AM   #3
TNCubsFan
Major Leagues

Billy say hello to Art. Art meet Billy.
Old 08-28-2016, 01:22 PM   #4
Mariner and Giants Fan
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
There's a flag in the general settings (next to the coach options - legacy mode)
i searched and i searched but could not find the general settings nor the coach options - legacy mode. could you be more specific?
Old 08-28-2016, 01:50 PM   #5
mitchkenn
Hall Of Famer

not certain it's the same locale - but under your General Manager Settings., Manager Settings> there is a list of things the GM can control, or who else is in control. i believe you can set yourself to control line-ups and pitching, along with anything else you don't want tampered with .... .... hope this helps ...
"I saw a young man leaning on his wooden crutch - He called out to me, 'Don't ask for so much' And a young woman leaning in her darkened door She cried out to me, 'Why not ask for more?' " - Leonard Cohen
"Hello darkness, my old Friend ...." - Paul Simon
Before Mays, before DiMaggio, there was Oscar Charleston.
"All the lies about Babe Ruth are true." - Waite Hoyt

Avatar is the late great Townes Van Zandt. rip.
mitchkenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 09:47 PM   #6
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

"Global Settings" at the bottom...

think "game settings" takes you directly there in the file menu at top... if not click LEague Settings, then click the tab that says Global settings. (far top-left of tabs when you are in LEague settings... or is it 2nd row of the tabs?... i'm sure you can see it nearby either way.)

very bottom of Global Settings Page - GM-Legacy Mode is a check box... if not visible, turn on comissioner mode momentarily.

Double-check those manager controls that mitch mentions, too. i think it defaults to your manger's name for lineups and such, and you will have to change that to you in the dropdown.

manager control settings:

file menu at top starting at left somethign akin to - Global or game / GM NAme / League name / Team name - each is a dropdown menu system Click your gm name at top in file menu system, in the dropdown click one of many options.. even your Email will get you to the correct screen - i cannot think of the exact label now, so use the Mail/News to get there. Look at the tabs available in this screen and click the one that says MAnager Control" or somethign similar... second to last one, i believe, left to right of the tabs. it will have a bunch of dropdown boxes for each facet of your organiztion... this is where you can delegate things or take full control of ALL things.

in fact, once you find that area of GM/Manager controls / email etc, go through all tabs and settings and make sure they are what you want. when you want to be interupted, what you want to ignore, filter emails whatever.... e.g. i wnat it to interrupt simulations on all injuries regardless of length - even all day-to-day injuries. *wish we could differentiate SP from the rest... beacause i wouldn't care bout a 3day dtd injury on an SP in a 5-man rotation. he'll be ready for next start either way.

somethign i like to click off : Click your name at top (name used for GM), click history, then achievements on the new menu that pops out... untick the box that makes it interupt simulations to tell you that you did somethign "Special" like a long winning streak or something.

Last edited by NoOne; 08-28-2016 at 10:00 PM.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote